How do I know I'm in Christ?

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
I keep reading " in Christ" . How will I know I'm in Christ as apposed to my everyday consciousness?
Right now, I'm nice and relaxed and quite serene. I've got no anxiety or negative emotion or any emotion for that matter.
Does being in Christ mean that we're acting in total faith with regard to an outcome?

Thanks.

I keep reading " in Christ" . How will I know I'm in Christ as apposed to my everyday consciousness?
Right now, I'm nice and relaxed and quite serene. I've got no anxiety or negative emotion or any emotion for that matter.
Does being in Christ mean that we're acting in total faith with regard to an outcome?

Thanks.

Being in Christ, means abiding in the vine (john 15) it's allowing the Words of the Bible dwell and remain in
you. Keeping your focus on God.

It's being a believer in Christ. One whom has comitted their life to Christ. And chooses at every moment of everyday to submit to His authority and commandments.

It's more of a spiritual place than physical, but in my opinion it can also be talking about your emotional status and behavior. When we are acting like the devil's ways we are submitting to His presence or allowing his spiritual attributes to control us.

And I agree that being in Christ is also means that we're acting in total faith with regard to an outcome
Blessings

It means we should be feeding on the word of God and keeping the words in our hearts and minds, so that they are renewing us, shaping us and sanctifying us.

John 15:5 says, I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

John 15:7 says, If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Anxiety is definitely not of Christ. Numerous scriptures can be pointed to that prove that. But essentially being "in Christ" means that you are abiding in all He is feeling, all He is thinking, and all He is doing. It means your spiritual senses are attuned completely to what He Himself is going through, and what He is focused on. For instance, suppose you were in prayer this morning and you began to feel a great displeasure, even a weeping inside, for all those who are incessantly talking about the Lord yet never take the time in their life to actually know Him. I have a sister to whom this happened just a few mornings ago in fact. It means that by walking with Him over time you become ever increasingly in tune with Him, and not just emotionally but also mentally. By reading prophetic visions and dreams as God directs me to, I enter into a place of knowing EXACTLY what the Spirit of God is saying to the churches in our time. There are several predominant messages He repeats, and these messages remain consistent no matter what source the visions or dreams are coming from.

These are some of the concepts behind what it means to be "in Him," and it carried more practical meaning than theological meaning. But being in anxiety or fear or doubt is not of God, so you can forget about any of those having anything to do with being in Christ. They are foreign to Him, and in complete opposition to the very peace of God, and the nature of Christ Jesus our Lord.

The moment you are born again you become in Christ. Also Christ is in you, we become one. Our task is to be metamorphasized by the totally new way of thinking. We have to reprogram our minds to think as Christ. Christ stated He would never leave or forsake us. No matter where you are Christ is in you.

The moment you are born again you become in Christ. Also Christ is in you, we become one. Our task is to be metamorphasized by the totally new way of thinking. We have to reprogram our minds to think as Christ. Christ stated He would never leave or forsake us. No matter where you are Christ is in you.

How do I know I'm born again?

Thanks.
'But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;
and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen,
yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
That no flesh should glory in His presence.
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus,
Who of God is made unto us wisdom, a
nd righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
That, according as it is written,
He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

(1 Cor. 1:27-31)

Hello Via dolarossa,

If you have been saved by God's grace, through the faith of Christ Jesus, our risen Lord, then you are, 'in Christ Jesus'. This is not a matter of 'feeling' but of 'faith'.

It is something that you reckon on by faith, as a work of God by the Spirit, and rejoice in it moment by moment. Not because you feel it, not because you see evidence of it within your self, but because He has said it.

Our faith is in Him, and Him alone. This is walking by faith.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris (Complete)

Hello Limey;
There are those moments when I'm in battle - spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, the fierceness of the fight in me, for a moment will forget that Christ is in me no matter what. Then I remember that no matter the battle, Christ promised He would never leave or forsake us. When in Christ, when Christ is in me, He wins!

Please simplify the metamorphasize. Does this mean as we become the "core foundation" for Christ, there are others under our wing being mentored or discipled? Thank you.

God bless you, Limey!

Last edited:
Anxiety is definitely not of Christ. Numerous scriptures can be pointed to that prove that. But essentially being "in Christ" means that you are abiding in all He is feeling, all He is thinking, and all He is doing. It means your spiritual senses are attuned completely to what He Himself is going through, and what He is focused on. For instance, suppose you were in prayer this morning and you began to feel a great displeasure, even a weeping inside, for all those who are incessantly talking about the Lord yet never take the time in their life to actually know Him. I have a sister to whom this happened just a few mornings ago in fact. It means that by walking with Him over time you become ever increasingly in tune with Him, and not just emotionally but also mentally. By reading prophetic visions and dreams as God directs me to, I enter into a place of knowing EXACTLY what the Spirit of God is saying to the churches in our time. There are several predominant messages He repeats, and these messages remain consistent no matter what source the visions or dreams are coming from.

These are some of the concepts behind what it means to be "in Him," and it carried more practical meaning than theological meaning. But being in anxiety or fear or doubt is not of God, so you can forget about any of those having anything to do with being in Christ. They are foreign to Him, and in complete opposition to the very peace of God, and the nature of Christ Jesus our Lord.

Hello Hidden In Him;

Thank you for your post, brother. Anxiety, bitterness, grumbling, stress, depression are all principalities of darkness and not of God, I agree. But I'm also learning to distinguish that these are not the same as conviction or chastisement when I am in sin or have wronged another person. Knowing Christ instead of just saying, Lord, Lord, equates to Christ in us. The more we know Jesus helps alleviate what is not of Him but what is more of Him.

God bless you, Hidden In Him.

Metamorphosis is what takes place when a caterpillar is transformed into a butterfly. We a slave of satan are transformed into a child of God. The question is how does this transformation takes place. Jesus answered, Amen, Amen, I say unto you, Except one be born of water and Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God John 3:5. We are told to go into all the world making disciples, baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit Matt 28:19. Peter on the day of Pentecost told the Jews to be saved they must repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Acts 2:38. Why the importance of baptism? Baptism is a burial and resurrection, we are buried with Christ in the dipping into the death and raised up to walk around in newness of life Romans 6:3-4. Christ died for all, in Christ all died, Muslim, Hindu etc. all died in the second Adam, but not all are buried and resurrected. There is a book, "Slaves, Citizens, Sons." by Francis Lyall in which he looks at Roman law in the New Testament. There were 2 ways out of slavery, manumission whereby your owner set you free and became your patron and you were required to work for him one day a week. The other way was death, which completely set you free from your old owner. This is what occurs in baptism.

Back