How do we Judge, if at all!

How do we Judge, if at all!

Matthew 7
1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
Fair enough, so we need to make sure if we did this:
12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

That it is righteous? otherwise we will be victim to the same judgement.
How can we make sure its righteous? I have a feeling that its alot to do with being lead by Holy Spirit.
Its the only way it makes sense to me, because WE as in us are FLESH, and we are not righteous in flesh.
What do you think?? I have not concluded anything on this right now, just wanna learn about it.

The verse let he who is without sin cast the first stone comes to mind. maybe we can judge in flesh, if we do NOTHING wrong in that area and are clean by the blood of Jesus?
I dont know, kinda confused still feel its got alot to do with being lead by Holy Spirit.

Please help!

Hey JLA, this is one of those cases that reading on answers the questions, (i.e. the best commentary on the bible is the bible)

Matthew 7

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

something else that speaks on this

James 2

8If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
13For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Really what is being said here is to be consistent in how you apply "judgment" and to judge with mercy .

The bible says elsewhere (i believe to the Corinthians but maybe not) that "we will judge angels so how how much more the things of this life?" and there is another that comes to mind .. but .. well won't quote that one .. some proud person might read it and take it the wrong way ..must keep the whole body in consideration after all .

Eph. 6:1 "Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted."

See the context of Jesus teaching on casting out sinners.
Mat 18.2 Be like a little child (we all are like little children since we have come to Christ)
6. Better to die than temp the little ones.
8. Better to cut of a hand or foot than be cast into hell. (we are the body of Christ... better to cut off someone...)
10. Little ones mentioned again so that we get the context.
11 ff Try to restore the lost.
18-20 your decisions are binding
22 Forgive 7*70

In context, we don't toss someone for sin. We toss them for tempting others in the church into their sin, after they have been mercifully encouraged to repent. We should always have an attitude of forgiveness and reconciliation, but protect the church from those who promote sin.

Back