How do you endure the valley periods in your life?

How do you endure the valley periods in your life?It's always easy to be of great faith when things are great but how do you make it through when EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING (career-wise,family,relationships,friendship,financial issues and anything else you can think of!) goes south? We all know what we are suppose to do but its always easier said than done.

We know we are suppose to remain faithful,read our bibles and pray. That is all easily done in the beginning, but as days turn into months....months into years...how did you survive and not grow weary?

For me, I pray ,read ,pray a lot more and read all with great enthusiasm. But in the middle of it and towards the end of it...this is usually me...

BH7h35uCEAAbCJF.jpg

Is that normal? Or it is just me :/

1 Peter 4:12-13 (KJV)
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.​

It is very normal! Hang in there. God loves you and will take care of you. He may be waiting on someone else to be obedient so you can receive the blessing!

1 Peter 4:12-13 (KJV)
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.​

It is very normal! Hang in there. God loves you and will take care of you. He may be waiting on someone else to be obedient so you can receive the blessing!

But he is God after all...he can poke them and make them obey:LOL:. Thanks @Abdicate Im glad it's not just me.:)

I've always heard to give yourself to others. When you are giving away yourself, your talents, you won't be thinking of yourself. It'll make other people happy and in the end you will feel satisfied, content and joyful. So many people could use your talents, whatever they are. Volunteering at a library is one idea. Putting books back on the shelf is easy and helpful. I'm sure you could think of countless others.

How do you endure the valley periods in your life?It's always easy to be of great faith when things are great but how do you make it through when EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING (career-wise,family,relationships,friendship,financial issues and anything else you can think of!) goes south? We all know what we are suppose to do but its always easier said than done.

We know we are suppose to remain faithful,read our bibles and pray. That is all easily done in the beginning, but as days turn into months....months into years...how did you survive and not grow weary?

For me, I pray ,read ,pray a lot more and read all with great enthusiasm. But in the middle of it and towards the end of it...this is usually me...

BH7h35uCEAAbCJF.jpg

Hi Phoenix, I really can only say I get through these seasons by the Grace and Mercy of Almighty God...Seriously I go through a numb blur of not really feeling. Death, Burial and Resurrection; in the first 2 stages I feel like I go through the above numbness and as time has gone by I realise I am getting better at functioning through the first 2 stages. But overall I do a lot of meditating - Praying, listening to the audio Word as I have no energy to read. By the time I get back to the resurrection stage I have brand new revelations and stuff to work on till the next time I go through the process again.
I hope my answer was relevant to your q's :)

In addition, I reach out to those I can trust. I am blessed with a God fearing family. Most are not, so that is why it is important to have a church family local to you. That support structure is intended for all in the body of Christ. Many times God works thru His children to carry out His will and care for you.

Hi Phoenix, I really can only say I get through these seasons by the Grace and Mercy of Almighty God...Seriously I go through a numb blur of not really feeling. Death, Burial and Resurrection; in the first 2 stages I feel like I go through the above numbness and as time has gone by I realise I am getting better at functioning through the first 2 stages. But overall I do a lot of meditating - Praying, listening to the audio Word as I have no energy to read. By the time I get back to the resurrection stage I have brand new revelations and stuff to work on till the next time I go through the process again.
I hope my answer was relevant to your q's :)

I totally understand what you are saying.I feel guilty sometimes not reading but I do watch and listen.

The hardest time to exercise faith is when every thing is cool. When you have plenty of money in the bank, your job is good, family is good, no problems at all. We all have the tendency to slack off when we are in this happy joyous time. Trails, and tribulations allow us to keep our faith active all the time. The victory we experience is in our faith. This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith. Never give in to your fears or never speak contrary to what you are believing for. Let us hold fast the confession of our faith without wavering, for God is faithful who promised. (Hebrews 10:23)

BH7h35uCEAAbCJF.jpg

Trails and tribulations come to try and stop you from doing the will of God, which would be praying, reading scripture that would build you up.

James 5:13.. Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises

There is nothing wrong with having other people to pray for you in your time of need, but the Lord want's you to have him as your only source of delivering you from all your afflictions, which is why it says here...."Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray"

Heb 10:35.. Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
Heb 10:36.. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised.

The hardest time to exercise faith is when every thing is cool. When you have plenty of money in the bank, your job is good, family is good, no problems at all. We all have the tendency to slack off when we are in this happy joyous time. Trails, and tribulations allow us to keep our faith active all the time. The victory we experience is in our faith. This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith. Never give in to your fears or never speak contrary to what you are believing for. Let us hold fast the confession of our faith without wavering, for God is faithful who promised. (Hebrews 10:23)

That is true. I have experienced slacking off when things were going great.

Back