How Do You Find Him..

Like i had said in my intro I am basically a newbie and going into full force seeing as right now being laid off I have A LOT of time on my hands so I've been reading a few hours a day. I let my fingers chose what to read. There is also a web page I go to that helps me to better understand what I read.

But my question is how do you find Jesus? How do you know you have found it. Sometimes it is hard believing and I do struggle with that every single day. I believe in many things and i do believe in God.

Also, I hear people say the Holy Spirit touched them today and took away their sorrow. There are a couple I've noticed when I sit here and talk to Him most of the time but when I seem to hit on something I literally get a small warm sensation in the middle of my chest. Could that be the Holy Ghost?

Dear Zapps,
I would say that ACCEPTING Jesus is far greater than finding Jesus.

God's Love
"God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
God's Plan
[Christ speaking] "I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly" [that it might be full and meaningful].

We Are Sinful
"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
We were created to have fellowship with God; but, because of our stubborn self-will, we chose to go our own independent way, and fellowship with God was broken. This self-will, characterized by an attitude of active rebellion or passive indifference, is evidence of what the Bible calls sin.

We Are Separated
"The wages of sin is death" [spiritual separation from God].
How can this problem be fixed????

Jesus Christ is God's only provision for our sin. Through Him we can know and experience God's love and plan for our life.

He Died in Our Place
"God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
He Rose From the Dead
"Christ died for our sins...He was buried...He was raised on the third day, according to the Scriptures...He appeared to Peter, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred..."
img_002-article_00530-jesus-i.jpg

He Is the Only Way to God
"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.'"
This diagram illustrates that God has bridged the gulf which separates us from Him by sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross in our place to pay the penalty for our sins.
It is not enough just to just know these things my friend..... ...

We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know and experience God's love and plan for our lives.
We Must Receive Christ!!!!!!!
"As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name."
We Receive Christ Through Faith
"By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."

HOW DO WE DO THAT?

Romans 10:9......
"that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

G'day Zapps. Apart from those things Major has shared with you, I'd like to add Matt 18:12,13,14
We don't need to find Jesus, He is never the one lost......we are.
Nor do we need to, indeed we can not, make Jesus Lord of our lives.......He already is, we just need to recognize and accept the fact. Acts 2:36 .......it is a done deal!
Another thing I'd like to share with you is this: Christianity is a dynamic relationship between us and Jesus, it is not a 24/7 experience of warm fuzzies, though sometimes those warm fuzzies do occur, and it is nice. As in any personal relationship, there are always highs and lows. After the resurrection I believe those lows will be left behind.
But rest assured that Jesus died for you personally. John 6:37,38,39,40
Blessings Zapps,
calvin

Like i had said in my intro I am basically a newbie and going into full force seeing as right now being laid off I have A LOT of time on my hands so I've been reading a few hours a day. I let my fingers chose what to read. There is also a web page I go to that helps me to better understand what I read.

Zapps, I'd like to share the following passage with you by way of encouragement, speaking to your present situation and needs. Rom 8:28 Trust the Lord and wait patiently for His blessings to envelope your life.

blessings,
calvin

Major and Calvin. Thank you for helping me understand a little better. I'm wondering if I have fully accepted Him then though I'm not sure. I talk to God all the time whether it be out loud or in my mind I talk to Him all the time. I am a person of patience and am waiting for what I'm not sure of. It gets very confusing. It's hard for me explain how it's confusing as for all of this is new for me. I do believe and am trying to follow by the ways of Our Savior. My pastor did ask if I accept Jesus into my life and that is where I'm stuck a little because, like I have said I wonder if I fully have. There are so many questions that I just get my words out properly. Thank you again to both of you I appreciate it very much :) My ears, mind and heart are open to everything now.

Hello, Zapps, We all struggle with commitment which could be understood as 'Full' acceptance.

One of the great things about the Lord is that He fully accepts us and He believes in us, even when we doubt.
Maybe that is partly why the gospel is called 'gospel' it comes from the phrase 'good spiel'......'good news'. As we approach the Lord in faith, it is win win win for us. But we need to be patient and just wait for His blessings to come at His bidding, and not ours.
My pastor did ask if I accept Jesus into my life and that is where I'm stuck a little because, like I have said I wonder if I fully have.
Zapps, only you can fully work this through with the Lord. However I do not believe we can only partially accept Jesus unless we put conditions on it. And I'm not suggesting that is the case here.
You know in your heart if you have asked Jesus to forgive your sins.

If you have,............then He has!

The rest is just growing stronger as you learn to rely on Him for strength and guidance, the while seeking out good Christian fellowship and studying His word. Keep on praying, thanking Him for loving you and accepting you.
Blessings.
calvin

HI Zapp

It is important that we understand the need to come to God on His terms, not our own. The word says we must seek Him in spirit and truth. He will not resist those with a broken spirit and contrite heart (Psalm 51:17).

It is also important that we draw the correct picture of God in our mind. He created you and I to be sons and daughters in His house for eternity. He knows how many hairs are on our head. He loves us immensely and can't wait to hear from us. Sending His Son to dies for us was the greatest act of love He could show. As there is no greater act of love then to give your life for someone. He is no respecter of persons. There is no lack of desire for a relationship with us from His side.

There is no secret recipe to finding Jesus. The Holy Spirit simply looks for and responds to willing hearts. The bible points us in the right direction by saying it starts off with us repenting of our sins and accepting the blood of Jesus as our sacrifice and thanking Him for it. Approving of and accepting what Jesus taught. What happens next is we should have an encounter with Jesus via The Holy Spirit. Just as Peter had a spiritual revelation of who Jesus was.

The sad reality is as Major has said, many believe but do not truly accept Jesus. The word says His sheep hear and know His voice. Being a Christian is not something you can fake. Either we hear and know God's voice or we don't. As for the presence of The Holy Spirit. He is a gentleman and will not force Himself on us. But when we are humble and invite Him, He does come and make His presence known. It can be a warm feeling in the chest or it can be sensing a warmth in your room at night. He is only revealed to those who are saved (John 14:16-17) and will teach us about Jesus (John 14:26), not Himself or any pagan god.

A relationship with Jesus requires nurturing, like kindling a fire / being married. We need to spend time with Him. Whether it be fellowship, prayer, reading the bible or visiting Christian web sites. When we are a coal out of the fire, we won't necessarily lose our salvation, but the devil can rob, steal and give years to the locusts to eat.

I pray you find Jesus and grow in Him!

Zapps.........

You have been given some really great advice here from some of my friends.

Now my encouragement to you is to get out of the house and do something good for someone else.

Now, this is important.........doing good works DOES NOT SAVE YOU NEITHER DO THEY KEEP YOU SAVED.
But my friend, what it does do it speak to your heart and verify that what you are doing is being the hands and feet of God.

When you visit someone in the hospital, or take a sandwich to a sick friend, you have in fact done what God has told us to do.

Acts 26:20 tells us..........
"But showed first to them of Damascus and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judea, and then to the Gentiles that they should REPENT and TURN to God, AND DO GOOD WORKS MEET (bEFITTING) FOR REPENTANCE".

Paul is saying that he preached that men should REPENT, turn to God and TEN do works that are consistant with that repentance.

True faith always works by and through love, and what then is that love?????

A LIFE OF OBEDIENCE!!!

Galatians 5:6
"For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor un-circumcision BUT faith which worketh by love".

@King J thank you and I am finding Jesus. A lot happened yesterday with learning things about my family and the Holy Spirit helped me to understand so many things. I understand all you said and today my pastor and I are meeting up and talking about everything here and to help me as I go along with my journey with God. It's very exciting and I can feel this anxiousness to learn more each and every day!
Thank you Major also. This has helped out so much with understanding more and if I had any fear about it all it's no longer there. The Lord has been leading me to many different readings in the Bible to help me to understand putting them in order as He has lead my fingers to those pages its wonderful!

Back