How Do You Go About Forgiving An Offense When The Other Person Wont Acknowledge Their Wrong?

You have a right to self defence and must not cast pearl before swine. These two with turning the left cheek need to be considered and applied to every scenario of abuse.

I agree ..
all things done in love ..
love is the basis on which you should decide ..
Jesus reads hearts, so if you do use love as your motive, it is justified .. it is in love of obedience we do not take our own revenge .. for revenge most often is ego, and when it's not, by doing so, we then nullify God's revenge for us by taking our own ..

1 sometimes it is in love that we do not turn the other cheek, for if we do, then a person who can be taught what they did was wrong behavior isn't receiving any correction, thus it is not love to allow a person to continue in sin and not make an effort to help them correct it ..

2 HOW we make this effort also is important .. as kind as possible is the desired method .. but "tough love" (as Jesus also displayed) can be effective if done without ego involved by maintaining your objective in mind at all times ..

note: if your motive corrupts, so does your justification become corrupted ..

God Bless you ..

Like, I don't have a problem forgiving others or asking for forgivness, its just someone in my church in a high position did some really mean and rude things toward me, and I still wounder why, when I never did anything to provoke such response, except clean her house, bath her when she was sick ... its just crazy..and its like I feel I can't move on. I stopped reading b/c I was mad at God that he allowed one if his "ministers " to treat me this way so i felt if he let them do all of that to me..that i really couldn't trust him... I sorta have a love-hate R-ship w/ God now. But I know I need to forgive but I can't unless she apologizes; In the past I've been the one to apologize to her for something that she did towards me (i apologized for being offended) even when she caused it..and tbh, it didn't change anything it just made me feel like an official dormat for her.... I just don't what to do to let this go, I've prayed, in the past I've apologized o her (but im not doing that anymore b/c I feel it just gives em the ok to treat me however) I feel I wont be right till they apologize, but she doesn't even realize she's wrong..so I feel im stuck.. how do I get rid of these feelings? have you had a similar experience? : /
There is a book called "The bait of satan" cant remember the authors name but I think its John Bevere or something to that effect. In this book he explains how satan uses "ministers" to offend and wreck havoc on the faith of those who are sincere. Don't feel like the long-ranger, many of us have been really hurt by those who claim to represent the Lord. I hope you will check out the book, its a great read and saved me from just being destroyed by some of the same issues you are talking about. Blessings

Like, I don't have a problem forgiving others or asking for forgivness, its just someone in my church in a high position did some really mean and rude things toward me, and I still wounder why, when I never did anything to provoke such response, except clean her house, bath her when she was sick ... its just crazy..and its like I feel I can't move on. I stopped reading b/c I was mad at God that he allowed one if his "ministers " to treat me this way so i felt if he let them do all of that to me..that i really couldn't trust him... I sorta have a love-hate R-ship w/ God now. But I know I need to forgive but I can't unless she apologizes; In the past I've been the one to apologize to her for something that she did towards me (i apologized for being offended) even when she caused it..and tbh, it didn't change anything it just made me feel like an official dormat for her.... I just don't what to do to let this go, I've prayed, in the past I've apologized o her (but im not doing that anymore b/c I feel it just gives em the ok to treat me however) I feel I wont be right till they apologize, but she doesn't even realize she's wrong..so I feel im stuck.. how do I get rid of these feelings? have you had a similar experience? : /
Remember the devil was once an angel, be careful who you trust. People will be people hun, just leave this person to god. He will dish out what this person needs. You just leave it be and move on and pray. God doesn't like to see his children hurt, his payback is the best. Everything always in his hands

Back