How do you Love reading Bible

Dan 10:11 And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
copyChkboxOff.gif
Jhn 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.

Hidden in John's statement is a Bible secret that many pass over, THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU ARE SPIRIT, AND LIFE. So what is the secret to knowing what life is all about ? People would pay millions for this secret, so God hides it away safely, hidden away in John's text, which very few worldly people would ever look at much less study the fathoms of its meaning! So much is written about what is the meaning of life, that it boggles the mind in the quagmire of the worlds confused answers!
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.Certainly reading the Holy Scriptures is a good beginning. However He expects us to rightly divide the word of truth
which takes years of study like a miner digging for gold, as if you had a diamond mine in your backyard,
You would drop everything in your life to dig, wouldnt you? The heavenly Father is offering eternity to those who rightly divide the word of truth.
Psa 119:72 The law of thy mouth [is] better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.

David loved to read the word, he allowed it to wash over him like a wave of relaxation. David says it calmed him down, it answered his questions, it showed God's love for us so made him feel wonderful when he read the word.
The heavenly father in His infinite wisdom has placed the modern order of the Bible plainly in a book not allowing puny little man to change the order He wants us to read it in. However that said after you read it from beginning to end old and new aprox 4-6 chapters a day, then you can explore its depth in any way that interests you. Sin cerley Craig

I sometimes take a devotional book and read it, and then go to the book the devotion was talking about and read further..
I would also suggest you read the book of proverbs...such a beautiful book that shares with us on how to have wisdom and discernment.
God tells us that if we desire to know Him and we desire to have a better understanding of His word that we are to ask for it and it will be supplied.
I do get up early most every day....i had to get into the habit of doing this, as by the time I go to bed, I am too sleepy to focus on what the bible is saying. I also teach sunday school....when you begin to prepare lessons to share with others, you will soon find that you learn soo much yourself!
God bless! :)

For me, the most exciting Bible reading moments come with the Holy Spirit. Ask Him to be with you and to show you the meaning. After establishing firmly in your heart this is what you truly want, ask, "Holy Spirit, where should I read?" When the Holy Spirit begins to open up the meaning to you, it will transform your Bible reading time, and also your relationship with God.
For me, the real gems in my life have been the moments where I realized, "Whoa. God spoke to me."

bible on c- er well I guess mp3 is the standard format these days... whole thing can fit on an mp3 player or some phones. much more convenient and now my reading is not decided by the whims of the sun...that and the bible I do own is truly massive, not something I want to carry about

I read through the Bible regularly, not on a fixed schedule, but based on what I can comprehend at the time. I keep a journal of whatever I find that is new to me (or I need to be reminded of).

The journal started out with a focus on everything I could find on the character and nature of God, so I could get to know Him better. I think if you read the Bible like this, you get to know the Author better which increases your love for Him - similar to reading someone's diary.

I like to find the poetry behind the words. Passages have a much deeper meaning when I can find the word connections. For instance,
Jesus creates a Hebrew poem about perfection in the sermon of the mount using rhymes for:

“Repay” (שלם)
“Perfect” (שלם)

“Love” (אהבו)
“Enemies” (אויביכם)

Matthew 5:38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist {“Repay” (שלם)} an evil person. But if someone strikes you on [your] right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41 And if someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to him who asks you, and do not refuse him who wants to borrow from you.
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. 44 But I say to you, love {“Love” (אהבו)} your enemies {“Enemies” (אויביכם)} and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You, therefore, must be perfect {“Perfect” (שלם)}, as your heavenly Father is perfect {“Perfect” (שלם)}. [The Passion: The Poetry of God]

J. Clontz – Editor of the Comprehensive New Testament

I think reading the Bible is like being six years old and learning to add and subtract, then I open my older brothers Geometry book and I find letters interspersed with the numbers, what does that mean?

If we will faithfully read our Bibles through in a year, every year as we grow in the wisdom and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ we will find the Holy Spirit illuminating the parts we thought were dry and boring and tying it all together until we come to the conclusion that the Bible is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us.

Blessing,

Gene

Honestly I just skim through the parts that say "he stacked 42 blocks on top of 37 blocks and then the blocks became blocks and it was 67 cube blocks long" :) <<<Not scripture just using an example of how dry it can be at times. I do my best to focus but in those times it is hard. I use blueletterbible.com they have different reading plans, and you can log in and save your progress. I am doing the chronological plan right now which takes you through the bible according to the time in history and I just all around find the scripture and stories very interesting. I think it is a matter of just being hungry for more.

Also this praying in the morning thing? I don't know about all of that. I don't think there is a guidline to our prayers. Just talk to God through out the day.

Honestly I just skim through the parts that say "he stacked 42 blocks on top of 37 blocks and then the blocks became blocks and it was 67 cube blocks long" :) <<<Not scripture just using an example of how dry it can be at times. I do my best to focus but in those times it is hard. I use blueletterbible.com they have different reading plans, and you can log in and save your progress. I am doing the chronological plan right now which takes you through the bible according to the time in history and I just all around find the scripture and stories very interesting. I think it is a matter of just being hungry for more.

Also this praying in the morning thing? I don't know about all of that. I don't think there is a guidline to our prayers. Just talk to God through out the day.

Yes; reading the Bible requires a 'hunger' for it. Also consider that the 'Word' is revealed to you in the Bible as you need it-so we don't always get what we need out of scripture when we read it but the Spirit will point out the 'milk' or the 'meat' you are ready for.

About praying in the morning (or any prayer for that matter); it isn't about a ritual, it is about realigning with God. When I actually do pray when I wake up-I find myself closer to the Lord that day throughout the day-even when mess things after I get out of the bed.

I read through all the dry parts, and sometimes I find they are not dry.

I've read through the Bible many times, and one time I found Leviticus very interesting. I discovered the theme of the book: the need for absolute holiness to be able to approach God. Leviticus really helps me appreciate the grace I have in Christ.

Will I ever find the genealogies interesting? Probably not, but maybe God will surprise me, so I don't skip them.

Back