How do you love yourself?

Loving your own self is what satan tries to trick us into doing.

We are to love our neighbours as we love God. Love THYSELF. Not ourselves. Thy meaning God. Maybe try reading the KJV to understand the difference between thy, thine and ye and yours. Some other translations are iffy and just use 'you' for everything.

The holy spirit is in us, therefore we look after his temple, our bodies. Is that what you mean? So feed and nourish it.He owns us, so our body is not our own anymore. It is His dwelling place.

This is wrong information. Loving "thyself" means we need to love ourselves and to love others just like that---with care and Godly concern for others' well-being.

It's when one adheres only to archaic language that we do not speak in this day and age that errors get passed on.

You said .." I don't think pancakes is saved" you said that.

Im not fabricating that..you can scroll up through the thread and see for yourself...

I dn't mind being told the truth... but to tell me Im unsaved because I have a few questions..or even a lot of questions is absolutely ridiculous
Listen closely... you can take what you're claiming I said and put it into the forum's search and your posting is the only place you'll find that statement. YOU wrote that. I said "Maybe" which means you should examine yourself and the fact that someone would even suggest that shows that you need to examine yourself because your actions say otherwise. So, learn to communicate with what's written. You are fabricating things which explains why you cannot hear the truth. I even explained why I thought that and your continued actions reinforce my conclusion. Do as you wish. I won't "help" any more since you won't listen anyhow. If you don't want to listen, that's fine, but if you're going to accuse me, be accurate! If you wish to listen, then read what I actually did say:

"Maybe you're not saved. I'm saying this because everything you say on the site is about you, and only accusations towards God."

Listen closely... you can take what you're claiming I said and put it into the forum's search and your posting is the only place you'll find that statement. YOU wrote that. I said "Maybe" which means you should examine yourself and the fact that someone would even suggest that shows that you need to examine yourself because your actions say otherwise. So, learn to communicate with what's written. You are fabricating things which explains why you cannot hear the truth. I even explained why I thought that and your continued actions reinforce my conclusion. Do as you wish. I won't "help" any more since you won't listen anyhow. If you don't want to listen, that's fine, but if you're going to accuse me, be accurate! If you wish to listen, then read what I actually did say:

"Maybe you're not saved. I'm saying this because everything you say on the site is about you, and only accusations towards God."

Please just stop, i dont want to drag this on any further.

You sound like a lovely young person who is a little discouraged. I find that the best way to get my mind focused back on my position is Christ is to understand that he took me out of the miry clay and set my feet on solid ground ~ not because of anything I had done but because he loves me and he has a plan for my life. May you be blessed and may God strengthen you in the days ahead!

Ive been pondering this question lately.....

and Idk know how to fill that space...

I think that the best way to love yourself is to accept that God loves you, and accept His gift of grace to you. Also to be able to see yourself as He sees you.

You do things like take care of His temple (which is your body)
Trust that His Word is true no matter what your emotions tell you
Laugh and enjoy life (the pure things of life), for the Word says that the joy of the Lord is our strength
Find peace in all of the storms, and praise God for everything that He has given you, recognizing that you only have those things because He loves you and desires for you to have His best.

Reactions: Juk
I tried to follow Him, I went after god hard.. I made myself look like a fool(took the bus and train to church ..sometimes in the cold or rain..while others got rides ..this wasnt all the time though)), feel stupid, allowed myself to be belittled to tears by someone who was supposed to guide me, I gave money...
(all I had ..to where I was abt to be put out)

This doesn't cover all what Jesus did for me and never will...

but Im just saying.. when I did all that ..I didn't feel a self esteem shift...

This sounds like your heart was wounded in the good things that you did, and the devil is trying to use it to destroy you.

Reactions: Juk
Ive been pondering this question lately.....

and Idk know how to fill that space...
Know who you are in Christ.
Who I Am in Christ
(From Neil Anderson, Living Free in Christ)
I am accepted…

 John 1:12I am God’s child.
 John 15:15I am Christ’s friend.
 Romans 5:1I have been justified.
 1 Corinthians 6:17I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
 1 Corinthians 12:27I am a member of Christ’s body.
 Ephesians 1:3-8I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
 Ephesians 2:18I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit.
 Colossians 1:13-14I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
 Colossians 2:9-10I am complete in Christ.

I am secure…

 Romans 8:1-2I am free from condemnation.
 Romans 8:28I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
 Romans 8:31-34I am free from any condemning charges against me.
 Romans 8:35-39I cannot be separated from the love of God.
 2 Corinthians 1:21-22I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
 Philippians 1:6I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
 Philippians 3:20I am a citizen of heaven.
 2 Timothy 1:7I have been given a spirit of power, love and a sound mind.
 Hebrews 4:14-16I can find grace and mercy in time of need.
 1 John 5:18I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.

I am significant…

 Matthew 5:13-14I am the salt of the earth.
 John 15:5I am a branch of Jesus Christ, and a channel of His life.
 John 15:16I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
 Acts 1:8I am a personal witness of Christ’s.
 1 Corinthians 3:9I am God’s coworker.
 1 Corinthians 3:16I am God’s temple.
 2 Corinthians 5:17-21I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
 Ephesians 2:6I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
 Ephesians 2:10I am God’s workmanship.
 Ephesians 3:12I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
 Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
The enemy tries to attack us by having us doubt who we are like he tried to do to Jesus. Remember, he always asked Jesus, ""if you are the Son. Of God..."
So say those declarations of who you are daily or whenever you feel down. The Truth of who you are in Christ Overcomes all. As He has overcome the world. Also, check out Neil T Anderson's books as well

Know who you are in Christ.
Who I Am in Christ
(From Neil Anderson, Living Free in Christ)
I am accepted…

 John 1:12I am God’s child.
 John 15:15I am Christ’s friend.
 Romans 5:1I have been justified.
 1 Corinthians 6:17I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
 1 Corinthians 12:27I am a member of Christ’s body.
 Ephesians 1:3-8I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
 Ephesians 2:18I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit.
 Colossians 1:13-14I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
 Colossians 2:9-10I am complete in Christ.

I am secure…

 Romans 8:1-2I am free from condemnation.
 Romans 8:28I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
 Romans 8:31-34I am free from any condemning charges against me.
 Romans 8:35-39I cannot be separated from the love of God.
 2 Corinthians 1:21-22I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
 Philippians 1:6I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
 Philippians 3:20I am a citizen of heaven.
 2 Timothy 1:7I have been given a spirit of power, love and a sound mind.
 Hebrews 4:14-16I can find grace and mercy in time of need.
 1 John 5:18I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.

I am significant…

 Matthew 5:13-14I am the salt of the earth.
 John 15:5I am a branch of Jesus Christ, and a channel of His life.
 John 15:16I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
 Acts 1:8I am a personal witness of Christ’s.
 1 Corinthians 3:9I am God’s coworker.
 1 Corinthians 3:16I am God’s temple.
 2 Corinthians 5:17-21I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
 Ephesians 2:6I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
 Ephesians 2:10I am God’s workmanship.
 Ephesians 3:12I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
 Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
The enemy tries to attack us by having us doubt who we are like he tried to do to Jesus. Remember, he always asked Jesus, ""if you are the Son. Of God..."
So say those declarations of who you are daily or whenever you feel down. The Truth of who you are in Christ Overcomes all. As He has overcome the world. Also, check out Neil T Anderson's books as well

EXACTLY, JFish123!

We cannot ever come to truly know and love ourselves outside of the realization of who we are in Jesus Christ!

Don't let it get you down Pancakes. You deserve to be happy. You just need to believe it. It's so simple to do but it seems hard.

Keep reminding yourself that you deserve to be happy. Reject any bad feelings. Push them out of your thoughts. You can train your mind to be happy.

Do you know that there are a lot of fortunate people that are miserable and lots of unfortunate people that are happy and feel blessed?

The ones that are happy believe that they deserve to be happy. I hope you start believing that you deserve to be happy. There are so many things to feel joy about in this life. Don't grow old without enjoying your life.
I don't believe that we deserve anything but death and condemnation. Maybe that is an extreme thought.

Back