How do you make it stop hurting so much

When you go through pain and everything else in your life is crumbling and you ask God why he is doing this and it still hurts.....what do we do as Christians......How long do we have to endure?

IT doesn't seem fair!

It's going to hurt... It may hurt for a long time...
Over time, the sharp edge will dull.... Over time, you will think about it less and less....

Sure - it may kick back over.. Frequently now as it seems - but over time, that too will be less and less....

As to how long...
If you can endure TODAY - you will get though it.

I have asked those questions before as well.. I hope that whatever you are going through gets better with time. And I will be praying for you and for the situation you are going through to get easier to deal with.

John 14:15-16 (KJV)
If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

When you go through pain and everything else in your life is crumbling and you ask God why he is doing this and it still hurts.....what do we do as Christians......How long do we have to endure?

IT doesn't seem fair!
One thing I can tell you from my experience of going through a long period of intense suffering: God met me in the midst of the pain one day with His presence and what He showed me was immeasurably valuable. He showed me that being in His presence makes the great suffering seem small and light. I have to remind myself of this experience and this truth, and to constantly seek His presence when I go through hard times.

IT doesn't seem fair!

Better question to ask God is why is this going on ? What am I doing that is causing these things. Most of the times it is from choices we made or are making.
You can not get a right answer for you on this question for every one has to guess at what you are going through and what has lead up to it.

Experience talking here....you can blame God and go around that mountain through that desert year after year after year if you want. There needs to come a time when you stop blaming God and find out what the real problem is and it will most of the time be us.

20 wasted years blaming God for what I was allowing the devil to do. Then I woke up, saught the truth.........learned of His truth...........became free and set free and free, free free.

Best thing to say to you is Honestly stop blaming God and humble your self and seek God.
He will show you what is wrong.
God Bless
Jim

IT doesn't seem fair!
Why presume its God who is doing this to you?
Jesus said that the enemy (Satan) comes to kill steal and destroy, but He (Jesus) came to give life and to give it more abundantly.
That is why deliverance and spiritual warfare are necessary.

IT doesn't seem fair!
I agree with the others, it's not God's doing. God set things into order and when WE leave His protection, the only way to be free is to run back to Him asking forgiveness. If you've done nothing 'wrong' per se, what God would allow as a new Christian is no longer acceptable to an 'older' Christian, and His umbrella of protection isn't as big as it used to be so that we can get closer to Him. Think on these verses:

Psalms 66:18 (KJV)
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear [me]:​

Since sin is THE cause of wrong, we must examine ourselves and get our spouses to examine themselves (being one flesh). Hidden sin is the leading cause of diseases. If you don't know what it might be, ask the Lord, even David had to do that:

Psalms 139:23-24 (KJV)
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if [there be any] wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Finally, when you discover it, confess it and repent:

1 John 1:9 (KJV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.​

Praying for you.

IT doesn't seem fair!

My friend, life is not fair and it is not simple. The rat race is real, the battle continuous and the painful experiences piercing.

The truth is that we are called to endure for as long as we live. The question then needs to be.....what is involved in endurance????

Endurance involves encouragement from others which is one reason why regular church attendance is so important.

Endurance also involves laying aside anything and everything that hinders us. One of those hindrances is SIN. Sin weighs us down and creates havoc in our lives.

Remember, the one who endured the cross lives in you so that you can endure yours. Keep your eyes on Jesus!

If the bridge washes out and the water seems to deep, keep your eyes on Jesus.

As Forest Gump said, "$#it happens". It happened in our lives before we knew the Lord and continues after we know the Lord. Jesus said that Satan is the God of this world, therefore if anyone is to blame, it is he and not God.

The difference for believers is that we have a mighty and all powerful God who reigns in heaven above and earth beneath just as Rahab declared. Unfortunately most believers completely forget that Jesus reigns through us, and he has given us the anointing and power to address such problems, provided we listen to him and follow his leading.

The starting point of all things has to be wisdom. Just knowing scripture verses, or going to a nice church has no bearing on how to address these situations unless we know God's strategy for us and for that situation.
James1v2Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

5If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

This scripture is a promise that God will give wisdom to all who ask.
To receive wisdom however, we need to let go of our human earthly false wisdom, otherwise we will be closed off what God gives. An example of the false wisdom that pervades the church is the notion that God persecutes his children.
Do we not remember Jesus told us that "the enemy (Satan) comes to kill steal and destroy", yet listening to the average christian conversation I would conclude they believe that Jesus comes to kill steal and destroy. Anyone desiring wisdom must first abandon all false accusations against the good loving character of God in Christ Jesus.
If we want a taste of the character of God, read about Jesus in the gospels and see that he loved, healed, and delivered all who came to him. That is the true character of God.

Yes we cant attribute to our Father what is satans doing.

I dont understand christians who think they dont have an an enemy. Thus thinking God is doing horrible things to them. Jesus knew how satan operated. He wasnt blaming God for putting him on the cross and the unfair trial. he had to go through it though, to show that ultimately God does triumph. He was raised from the dead wasnt he???

Since sin is THE cause of wrong, we must examine ourselves and get our spouses to examine themselves (being one flesh).
Whooo brother... Now you're getting to the cat amongst the pigeons.
Unity, unity, unity... Oh what a struggle for us mere mortals.

Cat amongst the pigeons is same as opening a can of worms.
Unity - it's a big struggle in the church today, unity is also a big struggle in marriages today. Lack of unity has far reaching implications - but we hap-hazourdly run on and ignore this big issue. We do not have unity in much that is of importance and thus lack peace.
Just trying to say you are touching a very important topic which is very seldom discussed in the church today.

Ah ok. Yes, you are correct.

Speaking of one flesh, I have a hypersensitive nose; I can smell everything. I can smell not just a person's personal body odor, but when that time of the month comes, if a person smokes or was drunk the night before, sometimes even a couple days after, or even what they've eaten, not just if they eat garlic. I do not have to smell their breath, I just need to be in the same room with them. I can even smell the snow and rain long before anyone else. Only my dog would beat me to recognizing when an odd smell wafted into the room. Like one time we were upstairs and he got up and started sniffing, then i got it, and I knew it was a blown capacitor and he started barking. I ran downstairs to the basement and my son's computer was shooting out smoke and sparks. After it got put out and I inspected the aftermath, I found a blown capacitor. So when my wife and I got married, MY personal smell changed and so did hers after our wedding night. We have the same smell now to me. It really drove home that every word of God is 100% accurate and actually means what it says.

Ephesians 5:31 (KJV)
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.​

Cat amongst the pigeons is same as opening a can of worms.
Unity - it's a big struggle in the church today, unity is also a big struggle in marriages today. Lack of unity has far reaching implications - but we hap-hazourdly run on and ignore this big issue. We do not have unity in much that is of importance and thus lack peace.
Just trying to say you are touching a very important topic which is very seldom discussed in the church today.

Do you think......the problem might not be "unity" but instead could possibly be Commitment????

Yes, that is super strong smell. I have sensitivity to certain things, like cigarette smoke, it's probably the most irritating thing to my nose.
That is an important verse, but marriages goes on without paying attention to the significance. Here is the far reaching implications: We are the bride of Christ, but how will this be? What parallels can be drawn to our marriages? What exactly does it mean to become one flesh? Does this have a spiritual connotation to becoming one flesh?
I think we have been missing the boat on this verse in the here and now.

Do you think......the problem might not be "unity" but instead could possibly be Commitment????
No, I think unity comes after commitment. If there is no commitment, there will never be unity. You may have committed, but still lack unity.
So commitment is also important as it is on the way to unity.

Back