how do you think about the rapture?

how do you think about the rapture?

well, I was wondering, because in the netherlands, there are so many visions about the coming back of Jesus, I was wondered how do you think about it? do you believe in the rapture or do you not? and why (not)

I definitely believe in the rapture.
I grew up scared every night whenever I heard the train on the tracks. i thought it was Jesus!:D

The Bible says only God knows when Jesus will return.
The dead shall be gathered first, then the living.
Jesus will come from the east and people will die of heart failure from fear and disbelief.

We are to always watch and always be ready.

Let's get some terminology in place before we have misunderstandings here...

The Rapture Doctrine, first proposed in the year 1830 by a psychotic and disturbed person named Margaret McDonald, was heralded by the clergy of her day as a new 'Revelation'. Unfortunately, it is a false teaching and if anyone believes that "theory", they had better read the TRUE Book of Revelation several times over as well as the studies presented below. This "fly-away" doctrine is also based upon a VERY poor translation in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 (KJV). The most unfortunate mistranslation is in verse 17, "...Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air..."

The original Greek language states that "caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air" - SHOULD - have been translated to: "all gathering together to meet the Lord in the spirit." The Greek language manuscript wording means that all of us will gather as a CLOUD of locusts would. It is a metaphor meaning LARGE GROUP - NOT an actual weather related cloud. Also, "in the air" is a very bad translation because in the Greek language, the word "AIR" as incorrectly translated in the KJV comes from the root word which means 'breath of the spirit', NOT "air" as up in the sky.

The denominations which cling to the 1830's rapture doctrine do so because to publicly proclaim that they were WRONG would drive away countless donation monies and they would rather teach falsely than to loose their revenue.

If anyone here does believe that 'rapture theory', please read and understand the following two studies. They are presented in a scripturally correct format and are accurate:

http://www.biblestudygames.com/biblestudies/raptureofthechurch.htm

http://www.biblestudygames.com/biblestudies/faq/rapture.htm

I do know the word 'Rapture' is not in the Bible but isn't this what most people are referring to when they talk about the 2nd coming of Christ?
And it is not an 'easy out' in my opinion because I never thought it would happen before the tribulation.

But I thank you and did read the link.

well, I was wondering, because in the netherlands, there are so many visions about the coming back of Jesus
COOL!
I believe Jesus will indeed come back for His bride the church and I also believe that even though we cannot say for certain when we can know the times and seasons-

When I first excepted Jesus into my heart (6 years) I believd strongly in a Pre-Rapture, but as time went on and the more I read (and heard) I began to believe that a Pre-Rapture may not be the time of the Believers' snatching away. If someone could show me specifics in God's Word it would be gratefully appreciated. About 5 years ago I had a dream that I was standing in the parking lot where I used to work and I saw people being taken up, I could see many nations, I also saw many in the nation of China being taken up. This really blew my mind because I thought I was awake, it was so real. Just when I thought that was such a fantastic dream the very next night the same exact dream took place, and I was standing in the same exact spot watching thousand of people being taken up. This brought tears to my eyes it was so wonderful. I woke up ubruptly and my eyes were shedding tears. What I did not think of during the dream, but came to me when I was awake was, I am watching all these followers of Y'shua being taken up, but I was still on the ground. Was God trying to tell me that my faith was not strong enough or is there another reason that I am denying.

Smellycat is try to tell you that it may have been the enemy trying to tell you God has forsaken you and to ignore it.

Or, it could have been God letting you know you need to make some changes in your life to be worthy of heaven, or your own sub - conscious

Heres a couple of clips from youtube, includes bible verses.

This last one, click on the (more) on the right hand side, there is 7 clips to this set.

=

Has anyone seen the films "Left Behind" ?
There are 3 of them and it puts what christians believe will happen in the last days into a film.

They are pretty good.

I would like to thank you all so much for your input to this troubling question. Yes, I know the Enemy likes to confuse then destroy, but on the other hand by allowing him (enemy) to confuse us don't we really destroy ourselves? I do not belive any of us are worthy of Heaven, it is only by the grace of G_D and the shedding of Yeshua that we have entrance into His Glory. I thank our LORD for the blessing of you loving people.

Abaa Father I bow before you and lift up these Brothers & Sisters in Your name that you have brought into my life I ask that you reach out and surround these loving people and their family members with good health and safety throughout the generations to come. I plead this on the precious blood of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Sorry I am a little late- I was jumping on my trampoline- a liitle rapture practice- LOL- I CANNOT WAIT TO BE CAUGHT UP AND TRANSFORMED- call it what you like I will defintely be enraputred with joy !!!!!!!!

(ACV)
in an instant, in the blink of an eye, at the last trumpet. For it will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be transformed.
(ALT) in a moment, in a blinking of an eye, in the last trumpet, for it will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible [or, imperishable], and _we_ will be changed [or, transformed]!
(AUV-NT) in a split second, as quickly as the twinkle of an eye, when the last trumpet blows. For the trumpet will blow and dead people [i.e., believers] will be raised up, never to decay again, and [the living] will be changed [i.e., physically and spiritually].
(ASV) in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
(BBE) In a second, in the shutting of an eye, at the sound of the last horn: for at that sound the dead will come again, free for ever from the power of death, and we will be changed.
(Bishops) In a moment, in the twynklyng of an eye, at the last trumpe. For the trumpe shall blowe, and the dead shall ryse incorruptible, and we shalbe chaunged.
(CEV) It will happen suddenly, quicker than the blink of an eye. At the sound of the last trumpet the dead will be raised. We will all be changed, so that we will never die again.
(CENT) in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
(Complete Apostles' Bible) in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
(Darby) in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and *we* shall be changed.
(DRB) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet: for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall rise again incorruptible. And we shall be changed.
(EMTV) in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
(ESV) in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
(Geneva) In a moment, in the twinckling of an eye at the last trumpet: for the trumpet shall blow, and the dead shalbe raysed vp incorruptible, and we shalbe changed.

And a few more translations:
(GNT)ἐν ἀτόμῳ, ἐν ῥιπῇ ὀφθαλμοῦ, ἐν τῇ ἐσχάτῃ σάλπιγγι· σαλπίσει γάρ, καὶ οἱ νεκροὶ ἐγερθήσονται ἄφθαρτοι, καὶ ἡμεῖς ἀλλαγησόμεθα.
(GNT-BYZ+)εν1722 PREP ατομω823 A-DSN εν1722 PREP ριπη4493 N-DSF οφθαλμου3788 N-GSM εν1722 PREP τη3588 T-DSF εσχατη2078 A-DSF-S σαλπιγγι4536 N-DSF σαλπισει4537 V-FAI-3S γαρ1063 CONJ και2532 CONJ οι3588 T-NPM νεκροι3498 A-NPM εγερθησονται1453 V-FPI-3P αφθαρτοι862 A-NPM και2532 CONJ ημεις1473 P-1NP αλλαγησομεθα236 V-2FPI-1P
(GNT-TR+)εν1722 PREP ατομω823 A-DSN εν1722 PREP ριπη4493 N-DSF οφθαλμου3788 N-GSM εν1722 PREP τη3588 T-DSF εσχατη2078 A-DSF-S σαλπιγγι4536 N-DSF σαλπισει4537 V-FAI-3S γαρ1063 CONJ και2532 CONJ οι3588 T-NPM νεκροι3498 A-NPM εγερθησονται1453 V-FPI-3P αφθαρτοι862 A-NPM και2532 CONJ ημεις1473 P-1NP αλλαγησομεθα236 V-2FPI-1P
(GNT-WH+)εν1722 PREP ατομω823 A-DSN εν1722 PREP ριπη4493 N-DSF οφθαλμου3788 N-GSM εν1722 PREP τη3588 T-DSF εσχατη2078 A-DSF-S σαλπιγγι4536 N-DSF σαλπισει4537 V-FAI-3S γαρ1063 CONJ και2532 CONJ οι3588 T-NPM νεκροι3498 A-NPM εγερθησονται1453 V-FPI-3P αφθαρτοι862 A-NPM και2532 CONJ ημεις1473 P-1NP αλλαγησομεθα236 V-2FPI-1P
(GW) It will happen in an instant, in a split second at the sound of the last trumpet. Indeed, that trumpet will sound, and then the dead will come back to life. They will be changed so that they can live forever.

(HNT)
ברגע אחד כהרף עין כתקע השופר האחרון כי יתקע בשופר והמתים יחיו בלי כליון ואנחנו נתחלף׃

This IS what we refer as the Rapture then, right?
It is always what I thought the Rapture was~

Yes mam! I am sorry it took me awhile to answer but I am still doing alot of out of town projects- in His Name and with His love Larry

I definitely believe in the rapture.
I grew up scared every night whenever I heard the train on the tracks. i thought it was Jesus!:D

The Bible says only God knows when Jesus will return.
The dead shall be gathered first, then the living.
Jesus will come from the east and people will die of heart failure from fear and disbelief.

We are to always watch and always be ready.

I feel the same way when I hear thunder! What do you mean when you said people will die of heart failure from fear?

As for the Rapture, I am neutral. To be honest, I have never even heard of this until about a year ago when it was discussed in class at the christian school I go to. I definitely believe that Jesus will return without warning but I was never brought up on the belief that Jesus will leave the evil ones stranded on the earth for 10,000 years. I am not saying that I don't belive this I am just unsure....

SuzieQ,
I can't find it but there is something in the Bible about Christ returning and the sight will make people's hearts fail.

Revelation1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Back