How does a Man Become Wise ?

Dusty

Inactive

Proverbs 1:7-9

7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools [a] despise wisdom and discipline.
Exhortations to Embrace Wisdom

Warning Against Enticement

8 Listen, my son, to your father's instruction
and do not forsake your mother's teaching.

9 They will be a garland to grace your head
and a chain to adorn your neck

Footnotes:
  1. Proverbs 1:7 The Hebrew words rendered fool in Proverbs, and often elsewhere in the Old Testament, denote one who is morally deficient.
Many people who are not Christians think of themselves as wise because of all the education and schooling they have had and i am not knocking education , but they puff themselves up to think they are better than others.

Where as we who have asked for Wisdom from God have received far greater knowledge because it comes from the Holy Spirit .

How does a man become wise ? Ask God for wisdom .

I remember pondering the difference between wisdom and knowledge.
Knowledge is knowing the stuff, wisdom is knowing what to do with it.

This is cut from a letter I just wrote to my friend. But the general picture I got from Paul Washer....

Say (Your girlfriend's/wife's name here) wrote a deep and personal book about her life. You read it and her doctor reads it. Her doctor has a great intellectual knowledge of her, he knows all kinds of things you don't. Her resting heart-rate, her blood pressure and sugar, all kinds of numbers and data about her that you may not even want to begin to learn. But who's going to understand her book better? You're the one who knows her. Forget all the numbers and mechanics. You know her, her doctor doesn't. The book is going to hit home in your heart, not the doctor's.

That's at least the difference between knowledge and knowing Him, but to know Him is to be wise if you ask me.

VERY TRUE!

I was in nursing school the last three semesters tutoring anatomy and microbiology, was not saved and with all my "knowledge" all I developed was anxiety and panic disorder from learning of all the things that can go wrong with our body.. mhehehe.. not funny really but, I quit, was saved in december and the LORD IS HEALING ME, AND I AM JUST A BABE IN KNOWLEDGE NOW, BUT WILL LEARN MORE IN HIM THAN I EVER HAVE FROM ANYONE OR ANYTHING ELSE!

I was told I need to listen to a woman to become wise.

(a woman told me that) :)

In all honesty, with all kidding aside… there is a lot of truth in what I said.

Of the really important things in life, I believe I’ve learned more from women than I have from men.

To all the women out there… YOU ROCK!!!!!!!! :D

Hey all you women ..... Rock on . !!!!

rock_on.gif

Back