How God Reveals His Presence

Status
Not open for further replies.
How God Reveals His Presence

How God Reveals His Presence – Psalm 16:7-9

If you have never experienced the presence of God, you may wonder how He reveals Himself to believers. The Lord has many different ways of reaching out to His children, so the following is certainly not a complete list. But if you desire to know that the Father is always near, He will choose the best way to connect with you.

God speaks. I have never heard the Lord's audible voice, but I have experienced Him speaking clearly and forcefully to my heart. His "voice" is so unmistakable that those who hear Him remember the message and the reverent excitement long after.

God sends a message. Sometimes the Lord lays on a person's heart the need to get alone with Him. When this happens to me, God is usually saying He's ready to give me Sunday's sermon. It is unwise to ignore such urgings or even to delay until a more "convenient" time?I have made the mistake of putting off listening only to discover that when I finally did slow down, the message was harder to receive outside of the Father's perfect timing.

God makes His presence known through His Word. I meditated for a month on a recent sermon's Bible passage. Every day I wanted to go back to the same verses because God kept giving me new truths and insights. I knew I was in His presence because His Word was speaking specifically to my heart.

God is real and present in this world. He wants to share Himself with us so we can draw contentment, courage, and joy from His presence. We must be willing to slow down and listen to what He's saying.

1Ki 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
1Ki 19:12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

can i just add God generally does not talk through people,hence radio,television,or through other people.the worlds god does this,so don,t mix up truth from lies.you might get paid for listening to lies and become famous etc.but for myself i would rather listen to truth and go home.:D

Just my own experience Mike but He often speaks to me through other people. They may be sharing what God is doing for them and I will get a witness in my spirit. He may talk to me and reveal things through my circumstances and many other ways. One thing He will not do though is contradict His Word- the scriptures are His truth and anything that does not line up with them is not from Him.

I follow Christ Mike- that is my walk. You follow Him the way you are led that is your walk. I am at this time in my life quite comfortable is saying that He speaks to me and as one of His sheep I know His voice.

no problem m8.i,m really scepticle of most things.i get a lot of signs etc.i don,t need proof of Jesus,or God,or the holy spirit,but i must be very sure of who is talking to me.

can i just add God generally does not talk through people,hence radio,television,or through other people.the worlds god does this,so don,t mix up truth from lies.you might get paid for listening to lies and become famous etc.but for myself i would rather listen to truth and go home.:D

In "Gods Word" He spoke through people to His Children many times Michael...:)

I was saved by a radio ministry God choose...

One should be familiar with "His Word":) however to know if someone is saying false things...:)

One thing I find myself praying almost daily-
God deliver me from preconceived ideas, notions and religious tradtions and show me who You really are.

One thing I find myself praying almost daily-
God deliver me from preconceived ideas, notions and religious tradtions and show me who You really are.

Good point indeed.
God has no limits. He can reveal Himself to me at any time, any day, and in any way He chooses.
And I hope no one takes this the wrong way, (you don‘t know the whole story), but I believe God spoke to me through a toilet once. That was about 10 years ago and what was said has continued to happen right up to today. I didn’t recognize it at the time, but I will never forget that day. :D

How God Reveals His Presence – Psalm 16:7-9

If you have never experienced the presence of God, you may wonder how He reveals Himself to believers. The Lord has many different ways of reaching out to His children, so the following is certainly not a complete list. But if you desire to know that the Father is always near, He will choose the best way to connect with you.

God speaks. I have never heard the Lord's audible voice, but I have experienced Him speaking clearly and forcefully to my heart. His "voice" is so unmistakable that those who hear Him remember the message and the reverent excitement long after.

God sends a message. Sometimes the Lord lays on a person's heart the need to get alone with Him. When this happens to me, God is usually saying He's ready to give me Sunday's sermon. It is unwise to ignore such urgings or even to delay until a more "convenient" time?I have made the mistake of putting off listening only to discover that when I finally did slow down, the message was harder to receive outside of the Father's perfect timing.

God makes His presence known through His Word. I meditated for a month on a recent sermon's Bible passage. Every day I wanted to go back to the same verses because God kept giving me new truths and insights. I knew I was in His presence because His Word was speaking specifically to my heart.

God is real and present in this world. He wants to share Himself with us so we can draw contentment, courage, and joy from His presence. We must be willing to slow down and listen to what He's saying.
I am concerned that I don't know his voice as well as I need too. Recently, I have been more and more concerned about my salvation. In recent dreams I get the distinct feeling that I am in trouble. I have reached out to my church to see if there are any personal bibles studies I can attend during the mornings but I have not found what I was looking for yet. There is a study at noon on Thursday but I will have my 5 year old son at that point and they don't offer daycare during this time frame of that day.

I just want someone to challenge me to read and then fellowship with me about what we have read as a form of getting rooted into the word. I left my name and number and a short message on availability and what i was looking for with the church but nothing has turned up yet.

Half the time when I pray for answers I am not sure if I get an answer or not
.:confused:

Kriss you are on the right track.Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. Spend time in prayer, fellowship and His Word and these things will become clear to you. I am praying that God open up a door for you as far as a study group.
I guess one thing that has helped me would be to decide to trust God and His ability instead of worrying about a lack on my end. He is able, He si willing and He is faithful. If we focus more on the answer (Jesus) than the problem (self) we will grow in grace as our faith blooms.
Many blessings in Jesus wonderful Name, Larry.

Personally… I don’t think anyone, other than Jesus, could teach perfectly. The Apostles were not perfect.
I just don’t see how anyone could think they taught everything perfectly, (without error).

I think the Scripture in Gal is pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back