How Have You Been Enjoying The Fact We Can "rate" Posts Now? :)

Stress eating is so easy to do, yesterday I had 2 pizzas, nachos, fries,and chicken ( it was skinless atleast lol) ....And a cupcake with a brownie.... and after Im done eating,Im like.......

What happened lol

And suprisingly I still have bird legs x D ... in otherwords im not plump...had to get that out there bc I know you all were thinking it lol x D
Yeah, I eat when I'm bored. But I'm trying to cut that out.

Exactly !

When non-believers become irritated and angry with the truth you give to them, they will plaster that big red "X" on the page not because you were wrong, but just because they did not like the truth you gave to them.

What exactly does "optimistic" mean??? Is that good bad or indifferent?

I'm okay with it. It's annoying when one person gives you over five "disagrees" on one topic. Most of my neutral and negative comments came from my Annihilationism thread and from a single user, which I don't like.

I also find that the non positive ratings seem to be more of an emotional thing as well. It's kind of pointless to put them all over posts from people holding the opposing position when the whole point of the thread is to discuss something Christians obviously disagree over.

They are not available on Tapatalk app. That's what I use most. I got my first thumbs down the other day. Excuse me, I'm felling verklempt.

Anti-scripture? :confused:

Right! If you look through the gospels Jesus tells us the pharisees were unspiritual because they sought the approval of men rather than the approval of God. I am even a little iffy about the like button but thinks thats ok if used to legitimately encourage people. I don't like the "war liking" that goes on in heated debate threads where people like the biggest insults against their opponents.

However I dont believe a dislike button has a legitimate place on a Christian forum. It's negative from the start. That's my opinion. I know there will be others.

A person who gets the least dislikes isn't necessarily the person most pleasing to God. Sometimes its right to suffer reproach with Jesus. Remember most of the opposition against Jesus, when He was on earth, was from religious people. I wonder how many "dislike" votes Jesus would have got. More than all of us probably. That is where we err.

Right! If you look through the gospels Jesus tells us the pharisees were unspiritual because they sought the approval of men rather than the approval of God. I am even a little iffy about the like button but thinks thats ok if used to legitimately encourage people. I don't like the "war liking" that goes on in heated debate threads where people like the biggest insults against their opponents.

However I dont believe a dislike button has a legitimate place on a Christian forum. It's negative from the start. That's my opinion. I know there will be others.

A person who gets the least dislikes isn't necessarily the person most pleasing to God. Sometimes its right to suffer reproach with Jesus. Remember most of the opposition against Jesus, when He was on earth, was from religious people. I wonder how many "dislike" votes Jesus would have got. More than all of us probably. That is where we err.
If the forum would allow us 2 bites of the cherry I might have just hit on 'agree' and 'disagree' :confused:
But then everyone would be as confused as I am;)
So, to be true to mine own self, I will be upfront about my confusion thoughts for all to see.

"Right! If you look through the gospels Jesus tells us the pharisees were unspiritual because they sought the approval of men rather than the approval of God." I Agree.

"I am even a little iffy about the like button but thinks thats ok if used to legitimately encourage people." I Agree

"I don't like the "war liking" that goes on in heated debate threads where people like the biggest insults against their opponents."
Me neether neither... I don't remember you being here in the bad old days I was referring to?

"However I dont believe a dislike button has a legitimate place on a Christian forum. It's negative from the start. That's my opinion. I know there will be others." :confused::confused: Do you mean there will be other opinions or do you mean there will be others who agree with you??

A person who gets the least dislikes isn't necessarily the person most pleasing to God. Sometimes its right to suffer reproach with Jesus. Remember most of the opposition against Jesus, when He was on earth, was from religious people. I can see this as true in a general sense, however I can't see that it should be applied to Christians either in face to face or forum interactions.

I wonder how many "dislike" votes Jesus would have got. More than all of us probably. That is where we err.
Non sequitur...............there...now I'm happy! I've wanted to use that phrase for so long (y):)
Jesus wasn't a Christian talking to Christians was He?? Calvin tossing a hand grenade in and ducking for cover.
How could I pack all that into a simple ratting rating button?
I think we can have much more fun and affective (sorry Banarenth) or effective impact by using the smörgåsbord of smilies we have at our disposal.(y)
I like the smilies because they challenge my literary genius.:rolleyes: Are they available on tapatalk?

If the forum would allow us 2 bites of the cherry I might have just hit on 'agree' and 'disagree' :confused:
But then everyone would be as confused as I am;)
So, to be true to mine own self, I will be upfront about my confusion thoughts for all to see.

"Right! If you look through the gospels Jesus tells us the pharisees were unspiritual because they sought the approval of men rather than the approval of God." I Agree.

"I am even a little iffy about the like button but thinks thats ok if used to legitimately encourage people." I Agree

"I don't like the "war liking" that goes on in heated debate threads where people like the biggest insults against their opponents."
Me neether neither... I don't remember you being here in the bad old days I was referring to?

"However I dont believe a dislike button has a legitimate place on a Christian forum. It's negative from the start. That's my opinion. I know there will be others." :confused::confused: Do you mean there will be other opinions or do you mean there will be others who agree with you??

A person who gets the least dislikes isn't necessarily the person most pleasing to God. Sometimes its right to suffer reproach with Jesus. Remember most of the opposition against Jesus, when He was on earth, was from religious people. I can see this as true in a general sense, however I can't see that it should be applied to Christians either in face to face or forum interactions.

I wonder how many "dislike" votes Jesus would have got. More than all of us probably. That is where we err.
Non sequitur...............there...now I'm happy! I've wanted to use that phrase for so long (y):)
Jesus wasn't a Christian talking to Christians was He?? Calvin tossing a hand grenade in and ducking for cover.
How could I pack all that into a simple ratting rating button?
I think we can have much more fun and affective (sorry Banarenth) or effective impact by using the smörgåsbord of smilies we have at our disposal.(y)
I like the smilies because they challenge my literary genius.:rolleyes: Are they available on tapatalk?

Smilies are available on tapatalk albeit a little clumsily.

To answer your questions above:

With forums there is no face to face interaction and its almost impossible to know the other person well. Even less if they are really a Christian or not (or simply holds to "Christian values") in many cases. It has been my experience that Christian forums are not immune to unhealthy religious behaviour.

Whilst it is true that technically there were no Christians until Jesus ascended, there was certainly religious behaviour before Jesus ascended. I believe the same unhealthy spirit of religion that existed then still exists today in the 21st century. Some of it looks Christian but sometimes appearances are deceptive. Some are even destructive and Jesus (or Paul?) used the term "wolf in sheeps clothing".

Smilies and rating buttons are distinct. One place I've seen down voting used a lot is in technology forums where people vote up good answers and down wrong answers. Some forums (notably www.discourse.org) use it for down voting as well and if the person gets a certain number of down votes they are automatically banned. It may work for technology forums that are trying to reduce spam (and even there I am doubtful). Its a very bad idea on Christian forums which have topics that attract a fair number of opinionated people and can attract revenge down voters as a matter of course.

I agree!....:D

I'm okay with it. It's annoying when one person gives you over five "disagrees" on one topic. Most of my neutral and negative comments came from my Annihilationism thread and from a single user, which I don't like.

I also find that the non positive ratings seem to be more of an emotional thing as well. It's kind of pointless to put them all over posts from people holding the opposing position when the whole point of the thread is to discuss something Christians obviously disagree over.
But you love them right?...:)

Back