How Is Your Faith Doing?

I feel my faith sliding of late. There is an ever increasing desire to take matters into my own hands. I can feel it is wrong and disrespectful to God.

I guess the question we need to ask is, 'are we giving faith to God'? As reborn Christians we have all the faith we will ever need in God's existence but are we being active in it for our daily needs? Do we say to God, 'I leave this or that in your hands, whatever your will is?' Or do we say, 'I will take care of money, healing, fixing house, helping poor and if God decides to help out, great'. I guess after many years it is inevitable that we develop apathy like this. We see our own effort fixing problems.

Its actually quite sad. We need to acknowledge God in all our ways. We need to give Him faith and make Him feel a part of our lives even if to our eyes He does nothing, as the truth is, He is involved behind the scenes in everything we do.

We can know the definition of faith and have all the faith in the world in God, but yet we can overlook the importance of ''living / walking'' by faith. 2 Cor 5:7 For we live by faith, not by sight.

I feel my faith sliding of late. There is an ever increasing desire to take matters into my own hands. I can feel it is wrong and disrespectful to God.

I guess the question we need to ask is, 'are we giving faith to God'? As reborn Christians we have all the faith we will ever need in God's existence but are we being active in it for our daily needs? Do we say to God, 'I leave this or that in your hands, whatever your will is?' Or do we say, 'I will take care of money, healing, fixing house, helping poor and if God decides to help out, great'. I guess after many years it is inevitable that we develop apathy like this. We see our own effort fixing problems.

Its actually quite sad. We need to acknowledge God in all our ways. We need to give Him faith and make Him feel a part of our lives even if to our eyes He does nothing, as the truth is, He is involved behind the scenes in everything we do.

We can know the definition of faith and have all the faith in the world in God, but yet we can overlook the importance of ''living / walking'' by faith. 2 Cor 5:7 For we live by faith, not by sight.

May the thought of Philippians 4:9 gp with you my brother............
"Those things which ye have both learned and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you".

Back