How many of you guys read the Bible everyday?

I use to spend an hour a day before work reading His word at a coffee shop. It's really great for so many reasons, I should get back into it.

Some of the benefits for me was, starting out at the beginning of the day reading the word would allow whatever I read to be on my mind all day. It was amazing how whatever I read I could apply it to everything I was doing.

Another benefit was reading in public I was surprised how many people would randomly start talking to me because of it. So it was a great way to spread seeds. Even if the person that started talking to me was already a Christian, maybe people in line were not but they had a chance to hear a little about the gospel while waiting in line for their coffees.

Reactions: Juk
Still getting a "hang on" around the usage on the site as tapatalk refused me signing up.. so forgive me for contributing this late... owkay to the discussions, after reading the bible cover to cover just like a novel i realized The more i read the more i saw the extent we christians are derailling as a people especially in Africa. It has discouraged me from rereading cos the knowledge and understanding im getting annoys people when shared... so in a way im scared of getting more knowledge. Some of the areas that wowed me in the bible will be shared in future conversations for clarity and different view points and opinions...

Staff Edit

Please do not use offensive language or swear words.
Read the forum rules before posting.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/forum-rules.29546/

Last edited by a moderator:
Also forgot to add... it brings tears to my eyes seeing people spending time with God to know Him better..I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

I use to spend an hour a day before work reading His word at a coffee shop. It's really great for so many reasons, I should get back into it.

Some of the benefits for me was, starting out at the beginning of the day reading the word would allow whatever I read to be on my mind all day. It was amazing how whatever I read I could apply it to everything I was doing.

Another benefit was reading in public I was surprised how many people would randomly start talking to me because of it. So it was a great way to spread seeds. Even if the person that started talking to me was already a Christian, maybe people in line were not but they had a chance to hear a little about the gospel while waiting in line for their coffees.
I like to read the Bible around 7:00 each day and for around 15 minutes. I am on a reading plan.

I started out being on a reading plan at the beginning of this year but by the first week, I was off. haha The reason I went off is because God had me reading something else, I have been "addicted" to Romans for several weeks and can't get enough of it! I love that book!

To answer the OP, yes, I read the Bible 2x a day, in the morning and at night, it is what I look forward to doing. I also keep a prayer journal, this helps me to remember all that God has done for me, little to big things.

Reactions: Juk
I started out being on a reading plan at the beginning of this year but by the first week, I was off. haha The reason I went off is because God had me reading something else, I have been "addicted" to Romans for several weeks and can't get enough of it! I love that book!

To answer the OP, yes, I read the Bible 2x a day, in the morning and at night, it is what I look forward to doing. I also keep a prayer journal, this helps me to remember all that God has done for me, little to big things.
That's a very good habit to get into.
Well done! (y)

I might start keeping a prayer journal.

Back