How Salty are you?

How Salty are you?

Matthew 5:13"You are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his flavor, with which shall it be salted? it is thereafter good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."

We are the salt in this world. Salt gives flavor to things that are tasteless. There is a lot of negativity in the world, but we give it flavor when we let the goodness of the Lord show. We season what may be bland and make it taste good when the fruit of the Spirit is manifest.

Luke 14:34 "Therefore, salt is good; but if even salt has become tasteless, with what will it be seasoned?"

Mark 9:50"Salt is good; but if the salt becomes unsalty, with what will you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with one another."

How can we expect people to get thirsty for the things of the Spirit? Be salty. Salt created thirst. What we say and how we act can make them thirsty. If we don't provide the salt no one else can.

Salt is also a preservative. We are preserving this place as long as we are here. We are holding back the worst of the worse. It may look like things as going bad but nothing like when we are gone.

So be SALTY!

Mark 9:49
Everyone will be salted with fire.

Mark 9:50

"Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other."

The peace we keep with one another is what ignites the fire of God among us .

so it's like saying .. how hot are you? or do you like it hot? then make peace .

Not sure if this fits here, but . . .

It reminds me of when my mom was teaching me how to cook. She explained that fully seasoning the food BEFORE putting it in the fire always made it taste better because the fire would cook the seasoning through and through the food instead of just getting the seasoning stuck on the surface of the food.

Well, that's how we should be with God's Word. Our hearts should always be fully seasoned through and through with the salt of God's Word BEFORE we try serving it to others through preaching, lecturing, counseling, etc., therefore there should always be a thirst in our hearts for more of His Word, and we should never let His Word just get stuck on the surface of our hearts.

heart27.

Well, that's how we should be with God's Word. Our hearts should always be fully seasoned through and through with the salt of God's Word BEFORE we try serving it to others through preaching, lecturing, counseling, etc., therefore there should always be a thirst in our hearts for more of His Word, and we should never let His Word just get stuck on the surface of our hearts.

Amen!

I love that IHL .

In other words to be salty . We need to be followers of Jesus Christ and hunger and thirst after righteousness , and share the gospel with those around us .

6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Colossians 4:6

In other words to be salty . We need to be followers of Jesus Christ and hunger and thirst after righteousness , and share the gospel with those around us .

6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Colossians 4:6

That's it. That's the scripture I've been looking for. Thanks Dusty!:smiley270:

No problem .... so that can be applied to your work buddy .... season your conversation with salt .... Yay .... you go girl .

That's it. That's the scripture I've been looking for. Thanks Dusty!:smiley270:

letyourlightshine.gif

Father I pray that your people who are the salt of the earth will live for you in such a way that makes others thirsty for you Lord. And that they will pray for the rain of heaven to come down the quench their soul with your living water and give them abundant life! Those who are dry and need a touch from you, fill them once again.

[/COLOR][/SIZE[/media]

AMEN to that sister!!!!

Since Jesus said that we are salt of the world, we are the preservatives in a decaying order and as seasoners in a tasteless society, believers are to maintain their usefulness through walking with the Lord.

I want my life to be a testimony of how good our God is so others will be thirsty for Him. Only He can satisfy and quench our thirst.

Back