How Then Shall We Live

How Then Shall We Live

Tonight it is my goal to stretch your minds, to challenge your theology. To open dialog for the truth of scripture. Tonights teaching is about the grace God has given us to live sinlessly. Some peoples idea is that in the new covenant age of grace God is all mercy, all love, and that the Old covenant God was law, wrath, and judgment. Well this is not the case. God is as holy as He has ever been and He still judges sin. God was just as loving in the old covenant as He is now, just a merciful then as now, and today as then He still wants us to live sinlessly, holy, perfected lives. The difference in the old and new covenant is not with God it is with us. The old covenant was weak through OUR flesh because we in ourselves cannot keep God's law, but now through grace God has given us the ability by the empowerment of His Holy Spirit that lives with us, to obey Him.

I was thinking of what to call this teaching. ''Freedom from sin'', ''sinless through grace'' ect... Then the phrase how then shall we live came into my mind, so I googled the phrase, and the only place that phrase is used in scripture is in Ezekiel 33:10-11. ''Read it''. So realizing that we are held accountable for our own sins the question become ''How Then shall We Live?''

HOW THEN SHALL WE LIVE?
Romans 6
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

HOW THEN SHALL WE LIVE?

Before we answer that lets define grace, because that will be vital to our discussion.
GRACE (God’s ability working in you and/or thru you to do what you could never do apart from Him). Many define grace to suggest it blinds God to His Word or your sins. How absurd, grace wasn’t given to make God more like us but rather to empower us to be more like Him. Thank God for HIS AMAZING GRACE.
We will wet back to that later.

So how should we live? sinlessly, perfect, and holy. The question now becomes can we live sinless ly? Well lets start with the Apostle Paul, and then move to us

CAN WE LIVE SINLESS LIVES?

Did Paul attain a level of sinlessness?
1 Corinthians 11
1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ

He would not have said to follow him as he follows Christ if he wasn't following Christ perfectly.
2nd Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
Paul tell us not to compare ourselves with each other, but to look at him as our example

Philippians 3
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
Paul tells us to make example of him and others, so more than just he attained a state of sinlessness.

He hadn't attained the resurrection of the just because he had yet to endure until the end, not because he wasn't sinless. I believe he had attained a level sinlessness
Matthew 24
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved

Mark 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Hebrews 3
6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, IF we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Here we see Paul stating that he had in effect attained.
2nd Timothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
Living sinlessly for 1 or 5 or 10 or 20 does not automatically give us eternal life remaining faith unto our death does. However living sinlessly is commandment from God to us. Furthermore God promises us that we are able to keep this command.

God promises us through His word that we can defeat sin, if we look closely at the word of God. There are many many promises that deal with that fact.

We are told that "in every temptation, God will make a way of escape that we will be able to bear it".

God said "sin shall not have dominion over you".

I literally can list twenty more...reckon yourself dead unto sin and alive unto God ''praise be to God who always causes us to triumph in Christ Jesus, lead me not into temptation but deliver me from evil'' and so forth.

I firmly believe we have mistakenly missed why he has saved us (to set us free) "You shall call His name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins" (now, in this life) to preserve us blameless unto the coming of the Lord. In the Bible, we are told "He that commits sin is the servant of sin, and the servant abides not in the house forever. But whom the Son sets free is free indeed."

We are told by Jesus Himself "Without me, you can do nothing." yet in the writings of Paul we are told "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.". Is this perhaps what Jesus meant when he expressed his deep concern that "when the Son of man returns, will he find faith on the earth?" Do we believe (have faith in) these promises of God for our lives?

Personally speaking, the sins that make up my personal "Achilles heel", not unlike yours, are not small ones that God turns a blind eye at. However He has promised us freedom from these vices. I have found as that His promises are meant for even the most wretched...and they work. This faith of who we are in Christ is what constitutes our shield spoken of in Ephesians 6, "wherewith we shall quench ALL the fiery darts of the wicked one".

I hope this explanation at least opens up the door for dialog. I fully understand the potential for controversy with this teaching. It goes against all that we have been taught, that we slowly change from the old man to the new by a lifelong, never ending process. I believe we can reach a point of sinlessness where we truly do partake of the divine nature of Christ, able to fully escape the corruption of this world. I contend that the only way the process can work as God intends is when we obey him and believe that "you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit if the spirit dwells in you.", and that ''it is not we that live, but Christ that lives in us''

I believe that if we are truly experiencing the new covenant, then we will have complete victory over sin. To be a full grown son, we must be made free. I believe Jesus has made us free, all we must do now is walk in our freedom. When people say that we are not to make sin a habit, but yet everyone sins, and will not be completely freed from sin until the resurrection. They do not truly believe (have faith in the fact) that the Son can make us free indeed.

We are given the promise of freedom from sin how do we begin to walk in that freedom? By knowing Christ and who we are in Him and to Him.
2nd Peter 1
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

EXCUSES FOR SIN
''We are saved by grace, not by works''
''We live under grace not under the law''
''Where sin abounds grace does much more abound''
''There is no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus''
''Even Paul could not do the thing that he would, yet did the things he did not want to do''
"If you say you have no sin you make God a liar''
''All who believe will be saved''
''I am a sinner saved by grace''

None of these statements (except the last one) in themselves are incorrect, they are indeed biblical. But when twisted by Satan to justify sin, they become very dangerous.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God through Jesus Christ.
9 Not of works that any man should boast.

This is not saying christians should or can commit sin. What this scripture is saying is that we cannot be saved by our own good works that we do outside of our faith in Christ. Faith in Jesus is what saves us. Romans 3:20-23 explains it best.
Romans 3:20-23
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now is the righteousness of God without the law manifest, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.
23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Simply stated, none of us are good enough within our own selves to qualify for Heaven, therefore Jesus had to fulfill the law and become our bridge back to God.
As Galatians 2:21 says if we were able to be saved without Jesus' sacrifice then his death is in vain and also in Galatians 3:24 the law was a schoolmaster to show us our sinfulness and bring us to Christ.
Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness came by the law the Christ is dead in vain.
Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

So being saved by grace not works does not justify nor excuse sin. It simply states the fact that no amount of good works we do can change the fact that we have all sinned and are in need of redemption. Although our good works cannot save us, our evil works can condemn us, and as James states in his epistle we will not be justified through our faith without good works.
James 2:24 You see then how by works a man is justified and not by faith alone.

''We live under grace, not by the law''
Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.
People use this scripture to claim we can continue in sin because we live in the age of grace. However what this verse is saying is just the opposite. Because of God's grace He has delivered us from our sin that we are no longer bound by it and free to live sinlessly. Grace did not replace the law it has through the Holy Spirit enables us to keep the Law ( I will give More explanation on this in a minute.)

''Where sin abound, grace much more abounds''
Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Once again Satan has twisted a seemingly benign scripture and created a cancer. What this scripture is saying is from Adam to Jesus sin abounded, but the law of Moses made the sin manifest. Now that Jesus has lived, died, and rose again grace does abound, sin has been defeated. You can find the context of this scripture in the previous verses.
Romans 5:12-19
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed to all men for all have sinned.
13 ( For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offense, so also is the free gift. For if through the offense of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded to many.
16 And not that is was by one that sinned, so is the free gift: for the judgment was by one man's condemnation, but the free gift is by many offenses unto justification.
17 For by one man's offense death reigned by one; much more they which received abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Christ Jesus ).
18 Therefore as by one offense came by one judgment came upon all men condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men to justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now after this in context verse 20 states.
Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Jesus came so we can made righteous, and the righteous do not sin. There is no way this could be misconstrued. God's grace empowers us to overcome sin, not allow it.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no more condemnation to the that are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.
Hyper Grace teachers teach this means once you get saved you cannot be condemned for anything you do. Yet they leave out the condition of this promise. The condition is walking in the Spirit and not the flesh. Those that walk in the Spirit will not sin therefore they indeed will not be condemned. We can see just how perverse that teaching is when you read the entire passage Romans 8:1-8 in context,
Romans 8:1-8
1 There is therefore now no more condemnation to the that are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made us free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through our flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be Spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law God nor can it be.
8 So they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

The whole purpose of this passage is to explain that we must not continue to be led by our own flesh, lust, and desire. But that we have to let the Spirit of God lead us into the freedom from sin that He sent His Son to give us. Yet there are those that would use 1/2 of one scripture to say just the opposite. If that is not inspired by Satan, then nothing is.

''Even Paul could not do the thing that he would, yet did the things he did not want to do''
Romans 7:19-21
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil that i would not, that I do.
20 Now if i do that I would not, it is no more I that do it but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that when I would do good evil is present with me.

This has to be one of the most misunderstood scriptures in all the Bible. The common belief is that Paul could not refrain himself from sin, therefore neither can we. The fact is it is through our own flesh that we cannot refrain from sin, but all of us through the Spirit of Christ that dwells in us can. Paul himself declared this in the following passages. (I will give this explanation when showing what we are saved from)

''If you say you have no sin you make God a liar.
1st John 1:10 If we say we have not sinned, we make God a liar, and his word is not in us.
This says that is we say we have not sinned (past tense) then we make God a liar. Not that we are continuing to sin or must sin in the future
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
To use 1st John 1:10 to excuse sin, as many do is absurd especially with the scriptures that surround it.
1st John 1:6 If we say we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not know the truth.
1st John 2:4 He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

In 1st John 1:10 ''sinned'' is past tense it is not condoning future sins. If we claim to be Christians yet continue in unrepentant sin then we are liars; God's words tell as much.

''All who believe shall be saved''
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believe in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
Even Satan believes in Jesus, is he saved?
James 2:19 Thou believeth there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
James also declares that our faith is useless unless we produce fruit.
James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

When we confess Christ, with a truly repentant heart we are indeed saved. But that is not the end of our walk, it is the beginning.
Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure until the end shall be saved.
Only those that continue in the faith until they die or Jesus returns that will be saved, not everyone that claims they believe in Jesus.
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

This is not even a biblical statement. We do not continue to be sinners after salvation. We were sinners until we were saved by grace. After salvation, we become new creatures, we become the righteousness of God.
2nd Corinthians 2:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold all things become new.
2nd Corinthians 2:21 For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

Once we get saved we are no longer sinners, we may not be perfect immediately, sanctification is a process, but if you are still a sinner, you are not saved.

So what are we saved from? Well ultimately we are saved from Hell, but here and now we have been saved from self (or our flesh), and sin as Paul shows us when explaining how with in His own flesh He could not even serve God but that God had delivered Him from His flesh.
Romans 7:24-25
24 O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with my mind I serve the law of God; but with my flesh the law of sin.

Paul could not in his flesh keep God's law.
Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Yet he goes on in the very next chapter to explain, that we cannot continue to allow our flesh to led us but through the Spirit we can keep God's law.
Romans 8:3-4
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through our flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

We cannot in our flesh keep God's law, but Jesus has delivered us from our flesh that we might walk in the Spirit enabling us to fulfill God's holy law.

James says we are tempted by our own lust, but Jesus has saved us from our flesh
James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Galtians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lust.

He has also saved us from sin. Paul write that those who sin are servant of sin, not of Christ.
Romans 6
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 know you not ,that whom you yield yourselves servant to obey, his servant you are whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or obedience unto righteousness?

So if we sin then we are not free but still bound, but Jesus came to free us.
John 8
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Romans 6: 22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life
Whoever sins is a servant of sin, but Jesus came to free us, and if we are truly free indeed then we would live no longer in sin.
Galtians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
If this was true and we are dead to self and sin, and it is Christ who live in us then we would indeed live a sin free life.

Scripture that tells us to live sinless lives
Matthew 5:48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Rom 6:20-22
20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.
21 What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death.
22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life

2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Ephesians 4:17-32
17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind,
18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart;
19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But you have not so learned Christ,
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
Do Not Grieve the Spirit
25 Therefore, putting away lying, “ Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor, for we are members of one another.
26 “Be angry, and do not sin” do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
27 nor give place to the devil.
28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need.
29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Ephesians 5:8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light

1st Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from every form of evil.

1st John 2
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1st John 3
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Scriptures that say we are able to live sinlessly

Romans 8
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit

1st Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil

Jude 24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless, Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy

Scripture for walking in the Spirit
Romans 6:1-4
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?
3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Galatians 5:16
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

1st John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Scriptures that tell us to be humble while pursuing perfection
Phil 3
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.

1st Corinthians 9
26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

1st Corinthians 10:12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

1st Corinthians 15:31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily

All thing are possible with God
Matthew 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Ephesians 3:20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

So back to the question How does God accomplish this in us? By showing us exactly who Christ is, and who we are. So when you ask yourself who is Christ and who we are you will probably come up with many answers. Christ is King of Kings, Lord of Lord, our Savior, the only true and righteous Judge, the almighty God these are all true. We are the redeemed, the Church, His body, a royal priesthood ect..., and these are all true, but the revelation that will truly change your life if you are able to fully comprhend the ramifications of this truth, is the 'Bridal Paradigm''. When we see Christ as our beloved Bridegroom, and we as His cherished Bride perfect in His sight, we will undoubtedly rid ourselves of all sin, and rededicate our lives to loving, and serving our Groom. When we come to the realization of the undying, unending, unexplainable love Christ has for us, we will love Him and others like we did not know was possible.
Ephesians 3
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

The Bible says in in 2nd corinthians 6:14 to not be unequally yoked. Do you think Jesus is returning of an unequally yoke Bride? No, and He is not sitting in Heaven waiting for you to get your act straight before He returns. If you are not equally yokled to Christ when He returns you will not be apart of His Bride.
''Glory, is accomplishing what God has put us here on Earth to do" What God has created us to do or become is an equally yoked Bride for Christ, and to be equally yoked with Christ we must become perfected, and sinless in every way.
Ephesians 5
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Even though it is Christ that works through us, and we can do nothing in ourselves it is still us who must allow Him to work in us therefore partnering with Christ cleansing ourselves from all unrighteousness
1st Corinthians 15
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

2nd Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Galtians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lust.

Philippians 2
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

1st John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

See even though it is Christ that works in us, but it is we who must remain stedfast, crucify our flesh, making manifest our Savior, working out our own salvation, purifying ourselves, cleansing ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God, making ourselves ready for our Bridegroom King.

Jesus is returning for a perfected, equally yoked Bride. Will we make ourselves ready?
Revelation 19
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

I believe we are in the last of the last day, and it is now more than ever imparitive that we cleanse ourselves from all unrighteousness and begin to live as we were meant to live, and be who we were meant to be.

It is time the true believers stand up and be counted, it is time the Bride of Christ take her place, and begin to walk in the power and authority we were always meant to walk in

The church as a whole is lost, and the time is drawing near, now is the time for my remnant to remain strong cry out to them, GOD TELLS US TO, cry out to them, be my mouth, be my voice tell them that my wrath is coming, and that it is coming upon them. They may not hear you but cry out the louder, they may hate you but cry out the louder, they may even imprison or want to kill you but cry out the louder, your reward will be great.

We can only do this effectively if we ourselves are reflecting the light of Christ through our own lives. Speaking the truth in love with Boldness. Which we will accomplish when we stop seeing ourselves as sinners saved by grace, and start seeing ourselves as royalty, the Bride of the King, betrothed to the God that created all that is. When we make ourselves ready for Christ's return arraying ourselves with righteousness of the saints.

THIS IS HOW WE SHOULD LIVE

This was my first lesson, of a 3 part series. ''The Bridal Paradigm'' was the 2nd lesson in that series (which i have already posted in here earlier) and was taught to soften the blow of this hard hitting lesson, and to help us understand how living a sinless life is possible.

Hey Ezek33,

thank you for sharing your vision of how we should live .

Since the kindness of God leads us to repentance . and it is His love that prompts us to do what is good . i find the above approach lacking the spirit that leads one to such a state of maturity . demands and performance speak to the flesh that is motivated by fear . but trust growing in a relationship where we know we are loved speaks to the New person who was born again by the Holy Spirit of God .

God has a tendency to pick people that mess up .. a lot .. you know ..

by saying "the real Christians should stand up and be counted" you are judging people before the appointed time . as the scripture says wait until the Lord comes because 1) it is by Him that servant stands and 2) when the Lord comes each of us will receive their praise from God .

Since God is able to keep us from falling as Jude says . i would suggest to trust Him to do what He does best and not be so concerned with cleaning the outside of the cup but the inside of the cup . meaning our hearts . because as was mentioned earlier on another thread today "God does not look on the outer appearance but looks on the heart" and as Jesus said . by cleaning the inside of the cup .. the outside would be made clean also . because Love covers over a multitude of wrongs .

So in conclusion i like what you're saying but from experience i don't see how a tree of that root will produce that kind of fruit .

-Michael

Thank you for your response Michael, now if you could read the 2nd lesson of the series (The Bridal Paradigm) and see if you a still keep the same opinion about what the first lesson was trying to convey?

If you choose not to, I understand sometimes long posts are hard to read.

God Bless.

Since God is able to keep us from falling as Jude says . i would suggest to trust Him to do what He does best and not be so concerned with cleaning the outside of the cup but the inside of the cup . meaning our hearts . because as was mentioned earlier on another thread today "God does not look on the outer appearance but looks on the heart" and as Jesus said . by cleaning the inside of the cup .. the outside would be made clean also . because Love covers over a multitude of wrongs .
By the way I agree 100% with your statement here. Maybe you have missed what I was saying. Like I said maybe reading ''The Bridal Paradigm'' will help understand where I am coming from.

Ezek .... First , I really do appreciate your time , work and effort that went into this thread but can I make a suggestion that instead of putting it all in one post that you break it up in to several cause there is so much food for thought that I do not know where to begin or answer . I am saying that it is really good but too much at least for me to digest all at once .

Maybe others will differ in their opinion but that is just mine so take it with a grain of salt.

I wil try however to answer but have to read it several times first.

I'm starting to see it but the core principles kinda seem to be the issue again . i look forward to the third installment in the series . it is possible i misunderstand what you meant to say .

Ezek .... First , I really do appreciate your time , work and effort that went into this thread but can I make a suggestion that instead of putting it all in one post that you break it up in to several cause there is so much food for thought that I do not know where to begin or answer . I am saying that it is really good but too much at least for me to digest all at once .

Maybe others will differ in their opinion but that is just mine so take it with a grain of salt.

I wil try however to answer but have to read it several times first.
I agree. With the amount of text above, It will surely turn some people off. I did manage to read quite a bit of It ( And It has helped a lot) but then It just sort of over-burdened me. (Maybe that's the wrong word...)

Small steady bites gets the food digested more easily than trying to chew down the entire steak.

In my opinion...

Paul tell us not to compare ourselves with each other, but to look at him as our example

Good example and I presume by him , you mean Him , Jesus Christ . We cannot look to others because others will ultimately fail us where as when we set our focus on Christ .... He never fails . He is the same yesterday , today and forever .

Living sinlessly for 1 or 5 or 10 or 20 does not automatically give us eternal life remaining faith unto our death does. However living sinlessly is commandment from God to us. Furthermore God promises us that we are able to keep this command.

Yes and by keeping this command , it is not a" ho hum " type of sinlessness .... It is a daily commitment and also when we do sin it is imperative that we confess that sin immediately and learn from it and move on in the grace and peace of God .

Yes and by keeping this command , it is not a" ho hum " type of sinlessness .... It is a daily commitment and also when we do sin it is imperative that we confess that sin immediately and learn from it and move on in the grace and peace of God .
Yes very good observation Dusty.

I hope this explanation at least opens up the door for dialog. I fully understand the potential for controversy with this teaching. It goes against all that we have been taught, that we slowly change from the old man to the new by a lifelong, never ending process. I believe we can reach a point of sinlessness where we truly do partake of the divine nature of Christ, able to fully escape the corruption of this world. I contend that the only way the process can work as God intends is when we obey him and believe that "you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit if the spirit dwells in you.", and that ''it is not we that live, but Christ that lives in us''

With this I will let others comment and come back again . Yes we have to put off the old man but we also have to be aware that our enemy is lurking about trying to catch us at our weakest point . But we also have to have discernment to know when that happens and not fall into his trap .

Definately obedience to the gospel and our freedom depends on our exercising the freedoms that God has given us through Jesus Christ .

We also need to die to the old self and put on new garments ... garments of righteousness and unless and untill we do that we will never be free in Christ. The more we walk in the Spirit and not in the flessh , the more , Christ becomes alive in us ..

Thanks for this study Ezek ... I will be back . Love it .

I wrote a big critique of both of your works . though that would probly be helpful .. it would probly be good to mention what i liked in the article .

The whole purpose of this passage is to explain that we must not continue to be led by our own flesh, lust, and desire. But that we have to let the Spirit of God lead us into the freedom from sin that He sent His Son to give us. Yet there are those that would use 1/2 of one scripture to say just the opposite. If that is not inspired by Satan, then nothing is.
I agree . Jesus came to free us and redeem us from the dominion of sin into His kingdom . I preach a very grace oriented theology because i know the end work of Grace a tree of life that can resist the darkness . Which is exactly what you're talking about in this piece . Grace toward each other, Grace toward ourselves, Grace from God . and Love all around .

Keep labouring in the word i hope what i say helps build you up and does not tear you down .

Agape brother.

-Michael

With this I will let others comment and come back again . Yes we have to put off the old man but we also have to be aware that our enemy is lurking about trying to catch us at our weakest point . But we also have to have discernment to know when that happens and not fall into his trap .

Definately obedience to the gospel and our freedom depends on our exercising the freedoms that God has given us through Jesus Christ .

We also need to die to the old self and put on new garments ... garments of righteousness and unless and untill we do that we will never be free in Christ. The more we walk in the Spirit and not in the flessh , the more , Christ becomes alive in us ..

Thanks for this study Ezek ... I will be back . Love it .
Yes Dusty this is exactly what i am saying. It is good to know people get it. :)

EXCUSES FOR SIN
''We live under grace not under the law''
''Where sin abounds grace does much more abound''
"If you say you have no sin you make God a liar''
''All who believe will be saved''

None of these statements (except the last one) in themselves are incorrect, they are indeed biblical. But when twisted by Satan to justify sin, they become very dangerous.

Yes , it is the twisted mind of satan that can upset the apple cart so to speak . But for God's grace we can be overcomers . We need to be warry of satan's attacks and his lurking in the shadows . He is not likely to show up in a red suit and pitch fork as portrayed cause if he did we would know but because he is sly like a fox we also need to have the discernment that comes from the Holy Spirit . In Ephesians 6 ... Paul aslo tells us of the amrmour of God which we are all familir with but not only that prayer is the key .

We are not struggling against flesh and blood Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
and satan is our accuser .....10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
"Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Christ.
For the accuser of our brothers,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down..... Rev 12:10...

Satan also has his tactics .... He instills doubt into people ... he also gives us persecution and sickness . Peer pressure , and tagets our effectiveness in our Christian witness .

But we need to like I said recognize his tactics and the depth of which he will try to attack .

And of course we do that with the belt of truth , the breastplate of righteousness , the shoes of the Gospel of peace, our Shield of faith , and our helmet of salvation and the most important one the sword of the Spirit .... Which is the Word of God ... the Bible ... The sword of the Spirit .

Prayer plus the Full armour of God can withstand the wiles of the devil .

INstead of continuing as salves to sin - and here is the KEY .... Romans 6:20-22.... God's redeemed are now slaves to God .

20When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

We are bought with a price . Jesus paid the penalty for our sins and gives us eernal life .

Your topic for this thread " How then shall we live " would be a daily walking with our Lord , following in His foot steps , and living our faith in Jesus Christ to the fullest , looking for the day when we shall see Him in all HIs Glory .. Hallelujah .

But we also need to do our part by staying under the Blood of Jesus , communing with Him in prayer and fellowship and by reading His Holy Word and following His example .

I believe we are in the last of the last day, and it is now more than ever imparitive that we cleanse ourselves from all unrighteousness and begin to live as we were meant to live, and be who we were meant to be.

It is time the true believers stand up and be counted, it is time the Bride of Christ take her place, and begin to walk in the power and authority we were always meant to walk in

The church as a whole is lost, and the time is drawing near, now is the time for my remnant to remain strong cry out to them, GOD TELLS US TO, cry out to them, be my mouth, be my voice tell them that my wrath is coming, and that it is coming upon them. They may not hear you but cry out the louder, they may hate you but cry out the louder, they may even imprison or want to kill you but cry out the louder, your reward will be great.

We can only do this effectively if we ourselves are reflecting the light of Christ through our own lives. Speaking the truth in love with Boldness. Which we will accomplish when we stop seeing ourselves as sinners saved by grace, and start seeing ourselves as royalty, the Bride of the King, betrothed to the God that created all that is. When we make ourselves ready for Christ's return arraying ourselves with righteousness of the saints.

THIS IS HOW WE SHOULD LIVE

Praise God ... Let the redeemed of the Lord say so . Excellent Study and some very poiniant explanations . Dead to sin and alive in Christ . Through Jesus and obedience to Him we have been made righteous .... a royal priesthood .

we are bought with a price . Jesus paid the penalty for our sins and gives us eternal life .

Your topic for this thread " how then shall we live " would be a daily walking with our lord , following in his foot steps , and living our faith in jesus christ to the fullest , looking for the day when we shall see him in all his glory .. Hallelujah .

But we also need to do our part by staying under the blood of jesus , communing with him in prayer and fellowship and by reading his holy word and following his example .
amen!!!!!

Back