How To Be Confident In Christ?:

I believe in Christ... believe he's. God the whole nine...... its just some of his promises I don't. idk..like..its not like i dont believe ... I have a hard time believing in my heart... idk why.

One of reasons why I'm asking this bc ... I recently. had a dream about the Jesus coming back ( If you don't. believe. in the rapture...then pls don't. answer) ..... and I wasn't. taken up bc of lack of confidence.

And Id really like to make it the first time around rather than the second.So I'm desperately. wondering....how? How do you just trust in God and be completely. confident in Him?

Please help : /

No one has very much faith. From the time of Jesus, humankind went the way of science and technology, not faith. So, today, there's not a lot of faith in the world. So, don't be too hard on yourself. When Jesus says to his disciples, "Ye of little faith," he means exactly that. He's not implying they should turn on their faith and they simply don't; he's telling them that they can't do the miracles he does because they really don't have any faith.

In my religion, this is how we view salvation:

Salvation is the rebirth of our human spirit into the spirit of Christ. When we put our faith in Christ, realize our imperfections as a human being, and honestly desire that transformation, we die to what we were and are reborn into the single body of Christ by the graceful mercy of God. Thus we are saved from our sinful nature which separates us from God.

So, in my opinion, if you want to be in the rapture, or brought into heaven at the time of your death, you would have to be able to honestly say you agree with the above statement.

When it comes to moving mountains or healing the sick or raising the dead, I think a lot of that will take place when you enter paradise, but here in this life, it's going to be limited. I think if you really want more faith, you have to start out small, and build it up like a bodybuilder builds their muscles. I think it comes with repeated practice.

Pancakes, I have issues about salvation. If you look at several of my posts you will see a trend of me feeling as though I am not saved. In my humble opinion, I have come to the conclusion that no Christian should think they are saved. I know this may cause some controversy, but just as we cannot say if someone else is saved, we do not know for sure that others are saved. God is the one and only who knows those that are in the Book of Life. We do not, and that is not our job. Our job is to be Christians, to share the gospel (minister), and walk with Christ as much as possible. We can sit here and assume, trust me, there are many on this site where I feel they are saved, but even the deepest feeling does me no good because I am not God and I do not "know all things". Keep in mind that even the disciples doubted...and Jesus was RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. I hope this gives you some perspective. Much love, pancakes!

How to be confident in Christ? Judge yourself daily that you are 'in Christ'. You know the signs of a Christian. You know the laws that upset God. 2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

As for the rapture, you need to discern if it is unbelief, shaky faith in God or fear of failing God. Unbelief is a serious matter! Rev 21:8. It is perfectly normal to have a scary dream about the rapture. But let it impress upon you the importance of daily putting on Christ. Rom 13:11-14 And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

I struggle with salvation-I think we all do. The number one reason for this is we are still in the sinful flesh and it is our flesh nature we have to overcome.

What I have to do is go back and remember when I accepted salvation from Christ-and then I remember I trusted in Him at that moment to cover me for eternity-as He promised. Do I fully comprehend His gift-NOPE-but He has proven more reliable than my own self.

You also have to remember the old nature wants you to doubt-to distance yourself from the Lord-to go back to where you were before you accepted Christ. Here's the thing-if you are truly saved-you CAN'T go back. The presence of the Holy Spirit won't let you-and this is how we know we are saved. Does this mean you can't let yourself backslide or the Lord try you? NO.

The struggle is the proof. If there were no struggle-either you're dead-or not saved. Your flesh wants the worldly carnal-your spirit yearns to be closer to God.

The one that wins is the one you feed most. Are you feeding the flesh or the Spirit more?

Consume the Word: John 6:30-67

I understand what you all are saying, and what youre saying is true but if you're walking w/ God you *should* feel saved and be confident, if we fully trust God,(and that's my problem..kinda have trust issues) but its not ourselves we're trusting..it's God... and i know god is faithful b/c his word says so, I know that in my head i just have trouble believing it in my heart.....

How to be confident in Christ? Judge yourself daily that you are 'in Christ'. You know the signs of a Christian. You know the laws that upset God. 2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

As for the rapture, you need to discern if it is unbelief, shaky faith in God or fear of failing God. Unbelief is a serious matter! Rev 21:8. It is perfectly normal to have a scary dream about the rapture. But let it impress upon you the importance of daily putting on Christ. Rom 13:11-14 And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

No that dream was from God, he should me what would keep me behind.. it wasn't a regular dream..and in it what kept me back was fear and lack of confidence in Him . And if i had to pin point it, i think..its lack of confidence in God... my faith is shown by deeds.. but if i have to wait on the Lord I go stir crazy..i dont have that quiet confidence b/c I so many what if thoughts, not knowing if he's gonna do it or not...ya know... if I have to wait long. It'll make me think he's not doing it...so thats my problem :s

It doesnt really matter if you believe in the rapture or not, whats important, is that Jesus is coming back for us, and we need to be ready, regardless of the time and method. As far as being confident, well, lets put it this way-how do you get confident at work, doing what you do? By training. By learning. By doing. The best employees at any job, are the ones that spend a lot of time learning how to do their job better, are the ones that invest the time at their place of employment, to learn the trade, and how to do that better.

The same principle applies to Christians. Invest your time, in Christ. Spend more time, reading and studying His word, both alone, and with others, and discuss His word, training your mind to understand it, and your heart to accept it, and spend time with God in prayer-the more time the better. The more time and energy you invest in God, and learning about Him, the closer to Him you will become, and the more confident you will be in Him.

It doesnt really matter if you believe in the rapture or not, whats important, is that Jesus is coming back for us, and we need to be ready, regardless of the time and method. As far as being confident, well, lets put it this way-how do you get confident at work, doing what you do? By training. By learning. By doing. The best employees at any job, are the ones that spend a lot of time learning how to do their job better, are the ones that invest the time at their place of employment, to learn the trade, and how to do that better.

The same principle applies to Christians. Invest your time, in Christ. Spend more time, reading and studying His word, both alone, and with others, and discuss His word, training your mind to understand it, and your heart to accept it, and spend time with God in prayer-the more time the better. The more time and energy you invest in God, and learning about Him, the closer to Him you will become, and the more confident you will be in Him.

So right, so true.... i need to spend more time and read and what not..thank you so much : ))))

You can be confident in Christ, because if you are not you are essentially calling him a liar, because in the bible it specially shows how much love He has for us and always will.

Trusting that the bible is true when it says God is love means that you have the utmost confidence in Lord Jesus Christ!

1 John 4:7-10 (NKJV)
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Romans 5:8
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Ephesians 2:4-5
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Zephania 3:17
17 The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

Back