How to comfort friend?

How to comfort friend?

Hi! I am hoping someone can give me some scriptural references I can share with my friend to comfort her. She has just told me today that her husband has not come home for 4 days. The poor girl is sick with worry. She even reported him missing to the police and they have just told her that he is staying at his sisters house and says he is moving to a new job interstate. He has not spoken to her yet. She is so confused and had no idea this was about to happen. She does not know how to tell her 7 year old daughter.

GirlfromOz;
There are SO many that speak of God's faithfulness and man's failure to serve God and man with a right heart. Please tell her that we are praying for her and share many scriptures on how trusting in God will bring about the best possible outcome; no matter what!!! God will not abandon her and leave her without provision.

Phillipians 4:6-13
6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
10But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity. 11Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Prayer
Father Your word in Hebrews 13:4 say "Let marriage be held in honor (esteemed worthy, precious, of great price, and especially dear) in all things. And thus let the marriage bed be undefiled (kept undishonored);" and also You said in Malachi 2:15 "let no one deal treacherously with the wife of his youth" also in Mathew the Lord said "Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate". I declare according to the grace You have given me that the husband of this sister is coming home to his wife to love her and to build a family together in Your holy values O Father, I stand saying the devil won't defile this marriage also won't seperate them for there had been joined by the Mighty Living God. Therefore I thank my Lord and Saviour that by the Power of the Holy Ghost the husband is coming home and sort differences with his wife and build a trustworthy relationship where they talk and love each other full of the fear of the Lord and raising their kids this way, Thank you Lord for this wonderful victory, by the Name of Jesus I declare this all glory to God our Father.Amen

Hey my sister tell her that God is in control and everything is well in her marriage for the Lord has made it to be so.
Hebrews 13:5b
He [God] [b]Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor [c]give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [d][I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor [e]let [you] down ([f]relax My hold on you)! [[g]Assuredly not!](B)

Romans 8:28 " We are assured and know that [[j]God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose."

(I declare according to the grace You have given me that the husband of this sister is coming home to his wife to love her and to build a family together in Your holy values O Father, I stand saying the devil won't defile this marriage also won't seperate them for there had been joined by the Mighty Living God. Therefore I thank my Lord and Saviour that by the Power of the Holy Ghost the husband is coming home and sort differences with his wife and build a trustworthy relationship where they talk and love each other full of the fear of the Lord and raising their kids this way, Thank you Lord for this wonderful victory, by the Name of Jesus I declare this all glory to God our Father.Amen

Hey my sister tell her that God is in control and everything is well in her marriage for the Lord has made it to be so.)

Nathi - He came home!!! They have started counselling with the minister. God is sooooo good.

I had an issue just this past year with my husband. I had a group of believers praying for me. The message that came through a sermon "loud and clear" for me was:
"Wait on the Lord and stand your position." and I did just that, there was a moment I could have acted, but the action would have served no purpose. Today, 6 months later that situation is resolving. In todays society, of hurry up, it is hard to just "wait", but you must, "wait". Pray for patience and to be ready to receive his messages, it truly does happen. "Wait on the Lord and stand your position". Your position is of a good wife and mother, your position is to keep the house hold a God like household, your position is to continue to love your husband. And I glory that I can testify to you what my Lord can do. As I type now, I feel his love and glory surrounding me, I hope it will go these many miles to you as well. God Bless

(I declare according to the grace You have given me that the husband of this sister is coming home to his wife to love her and to build a family together in Your holy values O Father, I stand saying the devil won't defile this marriage also won't seperate them for there had been joined by the Mighty Living God. Therefore I thank my Lord and Saviour that by the Power of the Holy Ghost the husband is coming home and sort differences with his wife and build a trustworthy relationship where they talk and love each other full of the fear of the Lord and raising their kids this way, Thank you Lord for this wonderful victory, by the Name of Jesus I declare this all glory to God our Father.Amen

Hey my sister tell her that God is in control and everything is well in her marriage for the Lord has made it to be so.)

Nathi - He came home!!! They have started counselling with the minister. God is sooooo good.

Amen My Sister, He is so good, and marriage is sacred to Him if we entrust it to Him, He will make it good. All glory to Him.

Thankgiving Prayer

Father we thank You for hearing our prayers and we know it is not by might and by power but by the Holy Ghost all things happens, and nothing is too hard for Him. I thank You for everything Lord Almighty in Jesus Name. Amen

Let no man bring asunder, that which God hath brought together.

Have faith in God to say unto this mountain, be tho removed and be thou cast into the sea, and shall not doubt in his heart, but believeth that which he sayeth shall come to pass, it shall be so.

Count it all joy when ye fall unto diverse temptains, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye be found perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

God gives us promises He will never forsake with us. Thus, if we do our part to seek Him for help, God will answer according to His Word for us.

Stay strong, undaunted, believing in and standing on God and His Word. Satan cannot stand against God's Truth. God has given you alot to stand in strength with here for God and your marriage. Don't let Satan get you down or worried.

God Bless!!

2 COrinthians 12:7-10
The Thorn in the Flesh
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

to me those ar by far the moste comforting scriptures no matter how i am feeling. one night when i was feeling very down and depressed i opened my bible right to those verses and those words worked wonders on my soul. allways remember that no matter what your position in life is or how hard things are Jesus is ALLWAYS there and no matter how weak you may think you are just remember through Christ you can do any thing.

Back