• take refuge in God

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • fight the enemy within

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Characteristics of Sin. - Beware, it is living and active and very powerful :*
A.*Sin enslaves and dominates :*
*[[Rom 7:14]] KJV* For we know that the law is spiritual: but* I am carnal* (fleshly) sold under sin.(slave to sin)
*[[Rom 7:20]] KJV* Now if I do that I would not, it is *no more I* that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.----- the reason to forgive enemies, it's the sin in them which which makes them to hurt us, while they themselves have nothing to do with us.
B. *Sin deceives and kills:*
*[[Rom 7:11]] KJV* For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
C. * The wretched condition of man because of sin:*
*[[Rom 7:18]] KJV* For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
*Deliverance in Jesus:*
*[[Rom 7:25]] KJV* I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the *mind* I myself serve the law of God; but with the *flesh* the law of sin.
*[[Rom 8:1]] KJV* There is therefore *now no condemnation* to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not *after* the flesh, but after the Spirit.

*Let us always remember our present condition*:
# we are dead to the world and the present worldly system.
# we are alive in a new condition - *in Christ* though physically available, yet eternally we are in heaven seated with Christ on His throne in His Glory.
# Two things are in us- the flesh and The Spirit. In the flesh, dwells sin and makes us to sin. This sin is called khataw or Hamartia meaning offence or guilt or missing the mark - all are in this condition says rom 3:23. Committing this kind of sin is no surprise, only it *has* to be confessed to be forgiven. 1jn1: 6 -9. These sins are washed by His *Blood*
# In our spirit we have to follow the law of God - meaning in our active mind we have to reject sinful thoughts, like judging others, hating or hurting our enemies. Enemies are agents of God given the express task of testing and troubling us till the time we realize our dependence on God, and run to Him and stay in His Refuge. Once we have done it, the enemy looses his job and is fired to hell. Till the time, we don't realize this, he is well paid, well fed and employed. Sometimes in our utter foolishness, we make the enemy well established and rich. He builds a seige around us and sometimes settles down in the promised land, denying us our rightful inheritance - the promised land.
Finally after wandering for almost 40 years in the desert, we get fed up and look up to God and under our Joshua we start to war against our enemies on the other side of Jordan.
Till we make up our mind, to wear the armour (eph 6) and make war in the spiritual realm, we lead a defeated life. It is like the salt which has lost his saltiness (the flavour of Christ ) and in trodden under the feet of our enemies.
When we decide and follow the Law of God and practically love and pray and bless our enemies, we start to *enjoy* the victory already won by *our Lord
God wants offspring *like* Him. Thus we have to behave *abnormally*, not in *Accordance* with the world.
This second kind of sin is against the Law of God, which we commit in the spirit, which has no forgiveness- it is called *Transgression* para- baino or para- archomai. Para means near and baino means to walk, and archomai means to cross. Walking or crossing near the limit set by God is transgression. This is wilful disobedience of The express command of The Master. If a servant does everything, except His allotted *task*, he is useless to The Master and hence no rewards and kept in *outer darkness* in the *New order* of things.
May God help us to understand Him and His Word.
-- Amen.

There are two, opposite, wrong ways to react when one is confronted with sin in his own litf:

The first wrong way is to deny its presence or minimizing its importance. Either by rationalizing and saying that one is not really at fault or that it is not really that bug a deal.

All sin separates the sinner from the Lord.

The second wrong way to react is to believe one is unworthy of forgiveness.

Worthiness is not the issue. The Lord shed blood for my unworthiness.

Through the Lord's sacrifice and the Spirit's leading each of us can regain fellowship with the Lord, and with other believers.

No matter how many times I may fail, the Lord remains steadfast and works to redeem me.

This does not give us license to continue in sin, but humbles us before His Love.

As a Christian we need to admit our wrongdoing to God and say sorry for those if we did offend them. And to cleanse us with a clean slate. God is the God of all chances bear in mind.

If I sinned by being angry about the actions of others, may I pray for their repentance more than call for their judgement.
I may pray for them to turn from wickedness and pray that I may be led to paths of ighteousness my own self.

Back