How to do your job

I just want this to be a light hearted thread..

Do you ever get told by people who don't actually do your job, how to do your job? It's maddening.

Example..say you are a new mother you will get advice from everyone how to look after your children, which is so easy for other people to say, but not actually do!
Or say you are a cleaner and you are scrubbing floors, and you'll have someone come along, and tell you you missed a spot, when they themselves aren't going to be getting down on their hands and knees and scrubbing with you!

I wonder if thats how some people treat God, when they complain about stuff to Him (like Job?) and so God comes down out of a whirlwind and says so...do you want my job? You try running the entire Universe!

It happens all the time with my husband! 😅
Also, people definitely treat God like this sometimes, perhaps when they are mad. But that's foolish...

Its ok to be mad at God as He can handle it. It's better to be mad at Him than to ignore Him completely.

Amen, Lanolin;

Years ago I would get angry with God and not speak to Him. (Seriously, Bob?) But when I calmed down the problem was still there, two weeks later.

Today when I present my arguments to God keeping in mind He is God and keeping in mind to revere Him. Now instead of withdrawing, there is a closeness because I love God so much.

haha the prayer room...I try not to bother God too much with my silly problems but sometimes I think He likes hearing about them because they are much easier to solve than the bigger problems!

God, why must e=mc squared?

I have learned...you can make plans but then it all gets overruled by the Principal or whoever is boss...so sometimes I just don't bother. If you want me to do the bare minimum so you can be the boss and do everything then thats what it will come down to.

It's not like they pay you that much anyway so why do more work than you have to? Especially since nobody gives a pay rise to anybody...the only time that happens is when the union goes on strike, and that happens when nobody can afford the cost of living anymore. hmm.

I do sometimes wonder where the 'protestant work ethic' came from. Does this mean catholics are lazy? Since I'm neither protestant nor catholic I suppose it doesn't apply.

PAY EQUITY hooray after four long years of negotiation. teacher aides in my country now have pay equity which means they can now afford the cost of living!!!!!

And my library budget has been approved. As support staff this is a landmark day. We don't have to beg!

Do you ever get told by people who don't actually do your job, how to do your job? It's maddening.
It depends on experience. There can be shortcuts to doing things, for example at asda, someone who works there does not have not to just carry one trolley to the trolley area, but a few over time. precision happens better over experience and time. I am more acute and precise over time. I develop what i call shortcuts.

Back