How to Grow Your Faith Exceedingly

2Thessalonians 1:3 NKJV:We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other.
Here Paul tells us that our faith can and should grow exceedingly. Observe that faith and love grow TOGETHER. This is because walking in love is the works or CORRESPONDING ACTION OF FAITH.
How will this take place?

FAITH COMES BY HEARING THE WORD
. Romans 10:17 NKJV: So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

FAITH GROWS BY WATCHING AND PRAYING WITH THANKSGIVING
. Romans 4:17-21 NIV:As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were. (18) Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." (19) Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead. (20) Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, (21) being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

FAITH IS ESTABLISHED BY MANIFESTING THE ANSWER TO PRAYER
. When your faith PRODUCES the answer to prayer, it becomes ESTABLISHED and so becomes a stepping-stone to a higher level of faith. Hebrews 10:35-36 KJV: Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. (36) For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Your faith does not "Produce" the answer to prayer. Your faith waits on God to produce the answer to prayer. Your faith seeks His face. Your faith believes God that HE will be faithful, resists the urge to be impatient and "grumble", and takes action as God directs - on His time and in His way. Faith holds fast to the gospel of truth and the promises of God against the constant buffeting of the sinful nature, the world, and Satan....

The idea that you can grow your faith by watching/experiencing signs, wonders, and miracles is wrong. Faith does not actually grow by seeing signs, wonders, and miracles. The so called "faith" produced through signs, wonders, and miracles is actually more like an addiction to drugs than the true "Perseverance and long suffering of the saints".. You get into the trap of longing for the "High" produced.. Running from Experience to experience - and so you seek out more and more signs, wonders, and miracles... Bigger and better... and when the signs, wonders, and miracles are lacking - you LOSE hope... You feel dejected, empty, alone - just like running out of drugs... and you will do ANYTHING for more...

This is very dangerous ground... You quickly come to the point where you will believe anything and everything for a sign/wonder/miracle... That's why Jesus said "An evil and adulterous generation seeks a sign" ... Look at Deuteronomy 13:1-5 ... The Miracle does not authorize the Message.... The Message authorizes the Miracle - that's why they were an "Evil and adulterous generation" - they were willing to believe anything - ANY message - if it came with a sufficiently impressive sign.... That's not faith.

Thanks

James 1: 22-25 (NASB)
22 But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; 24 for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. 25 But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.

Hearing, which is mental (meditative) as well as physical, is the start. Hearing promotes Faith. Doing the word produces blessed results.

2Thessalonians 1:3 NKJV:We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other.
Here Paul tells us that our faith can and should grow exceedingly. Observe that faith and love grow TOGETHER. This is because walking in love is the works or CORRESPONDING ACTION OF FAITH.
How will this take place?

FAITH COMES BY HEARING THE WORD
. Romans 10:17 NKJV: So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

FAITH GROWS BY WATCHING AND PRAYING WITH THANKSGIVING
. Romans 4:17-21 NIV:As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were. (18) Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." (19) Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead. (20) Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, (21) being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

FAITH IS ESTABLISHED BY MANIFESTING THE ANSWER TO PRAYER
. When your faith PRODUCES the answer to prayer, it becomes ESTABLISHED and so becomes a stepping-stone to a higher level of faith. Hebrews 10:35-36 KJV: Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. (36) For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Good Word brother! Let me just point out something I see here. Faith comes by hearing the Word which is where Abraham received his faith from. He heard God tell him to look to the stars and then told him, "so shall your seed be". Now Abraham had a vision to look to, and then God changed his name to mean, "the father of many nations" Now we have a man of God who is seeing his seed already by vision, and he is saying what God said "I am the father of many nations". Abraham really believed he was the father of many nations even when he was not according to the flesh!! Abraham was fully persuaded that the only person who could cause his faith to work was God.

being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

Notice who does the work of faith. Only God! Faith works by love, and God alone is love, and only God can do the works of faith, not us!

Mar 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
Mar 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Mar 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Faith does not believe it is going to receive something someday, it believes it already has it today!
What things you desire when you pray, believe that you already have it, and you shall have them.

The faith part is not you are going to get it, but that you already have it.

Hi, can someone please help me here. I just discovered that this post of mine appears twice. Apparently, I may have done something wrong. Am afraid I have contravened the forum rules. Please, If the moderator is seeing this, kindly help delete one of this posts - preferably the one with fewer posts. Thank you.

Your faith does not "Produce" the answer to prayer. Your faith waits on God to produce the answer to prayer. Your faith seeks His face. Your faith believes God that HE will be faithful, resists the urge to be impatient and "grumble", and takes action as God directs - on His time and in His way. Faith holds fast to the gospel of truth and the promises of God against the constant buffeting of the sinful nature, the world, and Satan....

The idea that you can grow your faith by watching/experiencing signs, wonders, and miracles is wrong. Faith does not actually grow by seeing signs, wonders, and miracles. The so called "faith" produced through signs, wonders, and miracles is actually more like an addiction to drugs than the true "Perseverance and long suffering of the saints".. You get into the trap of longing for the "High" produced.. Running from Experience to experience - and so you seek out more and more signs, wonders, and miracles... Bigger and better... and when the signs, wonders, and miracles are lacking - you LOSE hope... You feel dejected, empty, alone - just like running out of drugs... and you will do ANYTHING for more...

This is very dangerous ground... You quickly come to the point where you will believe anything and everything for a sign/wonder/miracle... That's why Jesus said "An evil and adulterous generation seeks a sign" ... Look at Deuteronomy 13:1-5 ... The Miracle does not authorize the Message.... The Message authorizes the Miracle - that's why they were an "Evil and adulterous generation" - they were willing to believe anything - ANY message - if it came with a sufficiently impressive sign.... That's not faith.

Thanks
Dear John,
Thanks for the inciteful contribution. However, kindly note that our faith does not grow by experiencing signs, wonders and miracles. I did not say so. It grows by watchfully waiting on the word (of promise) with thanksgiving. Miracles don't give faith. If it were so, the Israelites in the wilderness wouldn't have had any problems with God, especially after the plagues and the red sea wonders. Two things grow faith - believing in the INTEGRITY of God's word and His ABILITY to bring it to pass; for though it tarry, it will surely come to pass and shall not delay (Hab 2.3).
However as a child of God growing in faith, when you seeing the manifestation of the thing you are believing God for, it strengthens (motivates, encourages, grounds you) YOUR (not others, but your) faith.
Thank you.

Hi, can someone please help me here. I just discovered that this post of mine appears twice. Apparently, I may have done something wrong. Am afraid I have contravened the forum rules. Please, If the moderator is seeing this, kindly help delete one of this posts - preferably the one with fewer posts. Thank you.
Hi Chris,
We have deleted the duplicated thread.
This thread will remain open.

Blessings,
Fish_of_Faith

Back