How to keep First Love?

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left the first love. Revelation 2:4

So after life hard lessons and prayers that one would really desired to be answered yes, but come up no. How do you keep your first love for all that Jesus Christ, did for us? I asked because my spirit is in deep sorrow, as I think of all the no(s), God has answered to prayers that I have so longed for; and see very little of any yea, as promised by God, II Corinthians 1:19-20.

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left the first love. Revelation 2:4

So after life hard lessons and prayers that one would really desired to be answered yes, but come up no. How do you keep your first love for all that Jesus Christ, did for us? I asked because my spirit is in deep sorrow, as I think of all the no(s), God has answered to prayers that I have so longed for; and see very little of any yea, as promised by God, II Corinthians 1:19-20.
Greetings,
What God has promised us He has already in His heart done. It is up to us through His word to develop our faith to the point we can stand against the pressures (persecution for the words sake) that the enemy the devil comes with.

God does not say no to what He has promised in His word. Any hold ups will most likely be on our end. Seek Him and find out where you missed something and then repent (turn and fix it) and watch what happens.

God's word proves true and just always and is backed by all the honor of His name.

However there are kingdom laws to be obeyed. These are His commands such as walking in love and forgiveness and remember the word if in His word. Example......if you do what is written.......God will make sure His word or promise is done for you.

We must strive to learn how to operate in his kingdom ( simply meaning living and doing what and how He has set forth for us to live)
His word is His will for man.

Now about the keeping your first love.
That's easy and yet hard. Lol let me. Explain. ....
Living and loving God is easy
Not doing things our way or praising God when we don't want to is hard.

How big is your want to ?
If it is big enough then you can make a quality choice to not allow anything to get in your way and seek God's heart and become more and more In Love with Him.

Once we a rive at this place then nothing can separate us from our first love which is simply loving God so much that Him and His word or way of doing things becomes the most high priority over all other things in your life.

The hard part is disciplining the flesh and not giving ear to the things the enemy tries to bring our way.

I struggled here for many years until I understood that I was the only one who could ever hold me back.
Blessings
FCJ

How does a person "love" the Lord his God?

John 14:21.. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

The word, "keepeth" means "to guard and protect". How does a person guard something? By keeping his eye upon it. From what does a person guard the Word of God" from? "The cares of this world", the "deceitfulness of riches", and the "lusts of other things" which "chokes" the word from producing in that person's life.

This is how a man keeps his first love, by keeping (guarding) the Word of God and having his heart constantly thinking on the things of God 24/7 around the clock.
Who is the man who walks in the Spirit? The man who has his heart set on the things of the Spirit. This causes that person to have peace and joy unspeakable and full of Glory!!!

Jesus tells us exactly how he would love this person in return for loving him.

".......I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. " (John 14:21)

Jesus loves us back by "manifesting" himself to us!!!!! The word "manifest" means , "to show openly, to reveal by causing one to be seen"

Greetings:
We use to have Jesus-clubs;just a lot of noise,nothing done for the poor.Now with mature folks,in Charismatic ceremonies
with lots of hugging,people have a light in the eyes.Reminds me of the commune of Acts.I bet Paul,after services would run
outside and jump in the lake,beats running up and down aisles.Where there's two or three feet deep my people gather.
bye

Make sure you are not asking for things which could draw you away from God. Things like money for an easier life, that woman you desire may be the ruin of you, a new boss at work may cost you your job, or the job you want may control your life and take you away from God. Draw closer to God and He will draw closer to you. James 4:8

Make sure you are not asking for things which could draw you away from God. Things like money for an easier life, that woman you desire may be the ruin of you, a new boss at work may cost you your job, or the job you want may control your life and take you away from God. Draw closer to God and He will draw closer to you. James 4:8
@Big Moose
I just had to throw in here a big time Amen. Now that is truth to live by. I know for God allowed me some things I really wanted even though I had a knowing inside that it was not wise.

Well the feeling was right. Lol
Blessings Brother Moose
FCJ

Back