How to know God's purpose for your life?

I'm writing a post for my blog this week on how to know God's purpose for your life.

We have examples from the Bible where God gave specific directions to Abraham and Moses, for example. Then here are those like Joseph and Esther whose purpose seemed to unfold rather than come through divine revelation.

I'm curious about how you have gone about discerning God's purpose for your life. Was it divine revelation or has it unfolded and become clear through your experiences?

For me it has unfolded through my experiences, where, as I look back I can see a pattern where God has been preparing me to be able to lead, counsel and coach others who are unsatisfied with their self, their relationships, or their work. This purpose is also being affirmed by others who God has put in my life.

What about you? How are you discerning God's purpose for your life?

It's not a mystery. Here is God's will for us all.

2 Corinthians 5:18-19 (KJV)
And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Matthew 10:7-8 (KJV)
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

For the longest time I've felt like my life was here, there and everywhere; in reality though, it has. Coming to Christ just over a year and a half ago, He is now starting to get my life on His track which is awesome. I've still faced and continue to face some confusing times where I really don't understand why or what the Lord wants with me or what I'm even doing in my current position at my job right now. I am however, starting to see the pieces of His miraculous puzzle coming together and it is so very encouraging. It's usually when we aren't looking for that type of change is when it becomes the most evident.

Back