How to know you have eternal life.

The speed limit is a legal thingy - you have to drive less than the limit - thus externally forced.
Legal thingy. That's how I understand it.
I actually had a smile when I read the post.
God's best place is within us - not outside in the form of a bunch of texts(legal thingies).
Haha nice way of putting it. I like it![emoji1]

The speed limit is a legal thingy - you have to drive less than the limit - thus externally forced.
God's best place is within us - not outside in the form of a bunch of texts(legal thingies).
I might even dare to say that was a little bit of inspiration there!

I think christians get to hung up on thingies and need to come back to the basics which is His written word of God...
Thing1 & Thing 2

Ok, let's be honest here: what does 1John 2:3-6 mean then? It is written in plain language for anyone to see. It plainly tells us how we can know that we know God. .

Ok lets be honest and notice that 1st John 1, is not written to the "Little Children", whereas the 2nd chapter begins with a greeting to the believers.
So, is that honest enough?
Did you never notice this?
You do realize that often when the Apostles are writing letters, they will talk to the Church and also preach to the lost.
For example.....Look at the book of Romans.........and you'll find Paul explaining the effect of Salvation to the church, in that he is describing Grace and how this is by faith and its a gift.....So, all of that in the first 7 chapters, is for the edification and education of the believer regarding their Salvation.
Then, in chapter 9, he starts talking about "if we confess with our mouth and believe in our heart'...
So, HERE we see he has switched gears and is now preaching, and he is not preaching to the saved, as they dont need to be told how to be saved.
So, in the first 7 Chapters of Romans, Paul is talking to the Believer, and then he switches to Preacher Paul.
So, in John, you have to rightly divide when you realize that in some places he is talking to the "little Children" about their walk, and in other places he is preaching to the unsaved about "confessing their sins".

But yes, honestly, Jesus IS Eternal life, and if you have him, you have Eternal life.
Fact.

Back