How to let go and let God?

Blessed,
If you are having trouble giving your worries to God, you may also be witholding other things from God as well.

It might be helpful to evaluate how much of yourself you are giving back in addition to your worries and concerns.

For example, are you giving some of your time to God each day? In prayer, study of His Word?
Before you eat a meal you worked hard for and prepared, are you giving that thanks and Praise to God for his Grace?
When something works out just the best way you could have ever imagined, does God get the thanks?

As we learn to give God the pleasantries in our lives, it becomes easier to give Him our hardships as well.
I don't know if this was helpful to you at all, but if it was, may all thanks and praise be to God for it being so. :)

This post made me think. No, I have not been giving time to God each day. I mean I pray, sometimes it's a very short prayer to help me and my family, but not enough probably. I don't don't study his word every day. I forget to say Grace. I do thank God when things work out.

So if I'm going to give it to God, I need to do my part. Thank you for reminding me. I've been here one day and already I have been reminded of something very important. Bless you for this.

Cheri

after reading this it really got me to thinking about my life and the problems i am currently having. it made me realize that while i do the things i need to do such as filling out applications and droping off resumes i can not actually make the people call me back and i need to just let it go and let God handle that part for me. its just so amazing that i can be away from here for so long and when i come back i find the exact thing i need to see thank you all so much for the great advice.

Ginger I agree, by spending more time with Him allows our hearts to open up more to be able to receive what he is saying.

To be honest, I'm literally going through that stage now. Not completely there, but I'm getting better and i'm able to understanding the difference between him and the devil.

What does it mean to 'let go and let God'? I have asked people to explain this to me before as they would understand it to be but they seemed to be annoyed by me asking or something. I dont seem to have the same understanding of it. How do you do it when its not a case of being able to physically pick it up and hand it to him in person?:confused: I have prayed but I dont think its as simple as 'just stop worrying about it'. To what extent is it still ok to pray about things if im supposed to have 'let go' of them? Should I not even be thinking about it?
I believe it is all part of being conformed to the image of Christ. We Christians desire to live for Christ and be like Him, but, life shows we cannot.
I do not believe this is something that can be explained but experienced.
As we run the race and become tired from trying so hard we eventually get worn down, we fall, get back up and continue. Some days we stop and look back and say, wow, as we reflect on our lives we see He was always there along side us, and we still go on. Eventually, praise God, we realize we, in our strength, cannot live the Christian life. This is when we give it to Jesus, we let go because we realize we cannot do it, we let Christ because He is the only one who can.

Understand my point?

God Bless.

Walking in my own strength I could never do this but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
My inner man (spirit) is perfect and made in the image of God, it is righteous and holy. My mind must be renewed daily according to the Word of God and this must be done step by step, area by area.
If we walk in the Spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh but indeed be reflections of our Lord and King Jesus Christ.
Dive deep into the Word of God my friend with the Holy Spirit as your Guide and He will reveal His power in and through you.

Walking in my own strength I could never do this but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
My inner man (spirit) is perfect and made in the image of God, it is righteous and holy. My mind must be renewed daily according to the Word of God and this must be done step by step, area by area.
If we walk in the Spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh but indeed be reflections of our Lord and King Jesus Christ.
Dive deep into the Word of God my friend with the Holy Spirit as your Guide and He will reveal His power in and through you.
Amen!

First, Communicate with God:

• To Him - Via prayer
  • From Him - Via His Word
In prayer, remember the most recited but least understood line:

THY WILL BE DONE (Matthew 6:10).

When you yeild to God's will, you will rest (let go of your will) knowing that God's will will not only prevail, it will be in your best interest.

Good Day and God Bless

The best way to let go and let God is to focus on what you can do, and have confidence that God is there doing what He thinks is best (and I assume that He does know what is best ;) ). God gave us a free will for a reason: to use it. The more we learn to choose, the easier it is to "let God."

Back