How to Pray with Authority (Part 1)

I did a study on “Praying with Authority” with Charles Stanley. I would like to share with you all what I’ve written down. We can all learn and grow together in the Lord.

1 Kings 18:37
“Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that you are the Lord God, and that you have turned their hearts back again.”

Unfortunately, we have a lot of Christians that complain more than claim what God has promised to do.
We come to God weak and timid instead of coming the way the Scriptures says to do. We are to come boldly and fearless before God to make a petition and walking out of the prayer place expecting God to demonstrate and to hear and to answer our prayer.

Hebrews 4:10
“Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of Grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

Meaning, on the basis of:
· Who Jesus Christ is
· What He’s done
· Where He is; seated at the Father’s right hand
· Who He is, our intercessor, our mediator before God

So, on the basis of this, let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of Grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

We have the privilege and the right to come before the throne of God with a sense of authority before Him because we have been given that authority because of our position in Jesus Christ.
We are to come and pray and to pray with Authority and to believe and expect God to do what He wants to do and willing to do in the life of His children.

2 Chronicles 20:3
“Jehoshaphat was afraid, so he decided to ask the Lord what to do. He announced that no one in Judah should eat during this special time of prayer to God.”

Read, 2 Chronicles 20:5-12 for an example of praying with authority.

God wants us to come to him with a sense of authority.

Matthew 28:18-19
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All power in heaven and on earth is given to me. So go and make followers of all people in the world. Baptize them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”

Acts 1:8
“But you shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you; and you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all of Judea, in Samaria, and in every part of the world.”

When God gives us a commission to do something, He always equips us to do it.

In Acts 1:8, the word power means the divine supernatural ability to fulfill the obligation that I have given you as servants and witnesses for me.

We know that our relationship with Him, and our communication with Him is through prayer. We read the word of God and He speaks to us. We talk to Him and He speaks to us and we listen to Him.

There is nothing, nowhere, anywhere, in secret or in plain view, no problem, no bad and no good; that is out of the reach of prayer. Nothing in existence…

The “Authority” is the right, the privilege, the accessibility, the freedom we have to go to God in prayer. The authority is based on our humiliation, and humility, and absolute and total dependence on God. This is essential in praying with authority.

If Christians don’t understand that we have authority with God, what’s going to happen is Satan is going to wipe you out in your prayer life. He is going to defeat you. He will say things like, “you are not a child of God,” “you don’t have the power or authority.”

We all must understand that we are in mortal combat with the devil.

Ephesians 6:12
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

The most powerful tool that we have right now is prayer. Since we all know this to be true; where do you think he’s going to make his attacks?
Not while we are at work, at school, shopping, etc. The devil will attack us while we are on our faces before God.

There is no way we can rebuke the devil if we have no authority with God.

Ephesians 6:18
“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.”
Satan comes boldly to destroy us. Therefore, we are to come boldly before God to combat Satan. The only reason Satan has any power at all in our lives is because we consent to believe what he says and give in to him.

Unfortunately, today, Satan has a lot of Christians deaf (unable to hear from God), eyes closed (unable to see what God wants to bring them into), mouth shut because he doesn’t want them praying. If the devil can keep us from praying, we are weak and exposed to the demonic elements.

If the people of God would fall on their faces in humiliation and desperation before God. Everything in heaven begins to move in response to our prayers.

Part 2 next

Godbe4me:bow::bow::bow:

Awesome post!

I think if we could comprehend the true power of prayer, we would spend the entire day on our knees.

Jesus, spent most of His time in prayer, sometimes He preached the whole day, then prayed the whole night and then preached again the next day.

He valued the intimate relationship with His Father, we should do the same!

Back