How to tell the Gospel in 1-3 sentences

Here is an example:
Hell is real. Jesus died so you wouldn't have to go there. Repent and put your faith in Jesus.

Is that the entirety of the Gospel, or are there any points that I missed?

Here is an example:
Hell is real. Jesus died so you wouldn't have to go there. Repent and put your faith in Jesus.

Why they are hell bound...
Why did He need to die...
Proclamation of Jesus. ..

Reactions: Juk
Here is an example:

That is certainly short and sweet Juk. I would like to give to you a provenway of explaining salvation to a lost person.

Feel free to copy and print this if you like it and you can even put it on a card to keep in your wallent to use when ever the door of opportunity opens.

#1.
Ask the simple unchalleging question.......
"In YOUR opinion, whatdoes it take for a person to go to heaven?"

(Ueselly you will hear these kinds of answeres.....I am a good person, I have never harmed anyone, faith, sincereity).

#2.
Now comes what I call a transition statement: Say......"I would like to share with you how the Bible answers the question if that is alright with you."

Then hold up your hand and say.......There is a word the Bible uses and it is just 5 letters-
(Spell out the word FAITH on your fingers).

#3.
Then explain what each word in FAITH means by holding up one finger at a time.

"F" is for FORGIVENESS.
We cannot have eternal life in heaven without God's FORGIVNESS.
Ephesians 1:7 tells us that.....
"In Christ we have redemption through His blood, the FORGIVNESS of sins".

"A" is for AVAILABLE.
Forgiveness is AVAILABLE for all.
John 3:16 tells us that.......

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begottn Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

"I" is for IMPOSSIBLE.
It is IMPOSSIBLE for God to allow any sin into heaven.
Again the Bible says in Romans 3:23 ..........
"ALL have sinned and come short of the approval of God".

Question......So then, how can a sinful person which we all are enter heaven where a perfect sinless God lives?

"T" is for TURN.
TURN means to change direction or to REPENT.
The Bible again tells us in Luke 13:3 that...........
"Unless you repent you will likewise perish".

"H" then stands for HEAVEN.

#4.
Now the invitation...........
Ask the person...................

Understanding what we have shared with you, would you now like to receive this FOREGIVENESS of by trusting Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour?

This is only about a 5 minute presentation and when it is done several times it becomes like water rolling off of a ducks back.

Last edited:
That is certainly short and sweet Juk. I would like to give to you a provenway of explaining salvation to a lost person.

Feel free to copy and print this if you like it and you can even put it on a card to keep in your wallent to use when ever the door of opportunity opens.

#1.

(Ueselly you will hear these kinds of answeres.....I am a good person, I have never harmed anyone, faith, sincereity).

#2.
Now comes what I call a transition statement: Say......"I would like to share with you how the Bible answers the question if that is alright with you."

Then hold up your hand and say.......There is a word the Bible uses and it is just 5 letters-

#3.

"F" is for FORGIVENESS.

"A" is for AVAILABLE.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begottn Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

"I" is for IMPOSSIBLE.

Question......So then, how can a sinful person which we all are enter heaven where a perfect sinless God lives?

"T" is for TURN.

#4.

Understanding what we have shared with you, would you now like to receive this FOREGIVENESS of by trusting Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour?

This is only about a 5 minute presentation and when it is done several times it becomes like water rolling off of a ducks back.
I sometimes use this survey when in large chat rooms:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8X23X7H

It is based on Ray Comfort's strategy.

I wanted to know how to tell the Gospel in a very short and straightforward way because I can write it on the board in my classrooms when I go back to school, or in an online chat room. I have personally witnessed to people before. Feel free to share that survey on your social media accounts to reach unbelievers.

#1.

#2.

#3.

"F" is for FORGIVENESS.

"A" is for AVAILABLE.

"I" is for IMPOSSIBLE.

"T" is for TURN.

#4.

What a great suggestion. I should try it.

Let me see I'd I can do it with one sentence... Everybody in the whole entire world world that has ever existed has sinned and the price of sin is death and Jesus Christ lord and savior has paid that debt by shedding his own blood for those people who are willing to repent and believe God bless amen. [emoji28]

Here is an example:

Why not let the gospel themselves say what the gospel is? For example:

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

John 17:3, "and this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent."

Then go on to explain what it means to know Him and why you would want to know Him.

The gospel is the greatest love story ever told. It tells us that we can receive the gift of being the children and the bride of the greatest and most wonderful being in the universe...that we can be one with Him. Everyone one wants love(no matter who they are), why try to scare them into heaven? No one who with selfish motives will enter heaven any way, and self preservation is a selfish motive.

Let me see I'd I can do it with one sentence... Everybody in the whole entire world world that has ever existed has sinned and the price of sin is death and Jesus Christ lord and savior has paid that debt by shedding his own blood for those people who are willing to repent and believe God bless amen. [emoji28]

Good also. My only observation is that there is no Scripture involved and believe me, that is the thing that does the deed.

It helps the presenter to be able to say....."here is what the Bible says about salvation". That takes the personal opinion problem out of the equation.

Here is an example:

I think i have to say that telling someone how much Jesus loves them and that He died so that He can spend eternity with them, and thinks that they are to die for, really hits home. Like has been said...most people are looking for love, and if you can show and tell them how much God loves them..they will be much more responsive. People are tired of being scared and i think that Jesus is not glorified when scare tactics are used. It really also paints in a person that picture of God in heaven waiting to zap them for making a mistake.....which is really against His Character.

Blessings

I think i have to say that telling someone how much Jesus loves them and that He died so that He can spend eternity with them, and thinks that they are to die for, really hits home. Like has been said...most people are looking for love, and if you can show and tell them how much God loves them..they will be much more responsive. People are tired of being scared and i think that Jesus is not glorified when scare tactics are used. It really also paints in a person that picture of God in heaven waiting to zap them for making a mistake.....which is really against His Character.

Blessings
How about this then?

Hell is real. Jesus Christ loved you so much that He chose to die so you wouldn't have to go there. Please, repent and put your faith in Jesus.

How about this then?

Hell is real. Jesus Christ loved you so much that He chose to die so you wouldn't have to go there. Please, repent and put your faith in Jesus.
How about did you know that Jesus loved you so much that He chose to die in your place. Hell is very real so would you consider accepting this free gift, by placing your faith in Jesus.

Blessings!

How about did you know that Jesus loved you so much that He chose to die in your place. Hell is very real so would you consider accepting this free gift, by placing your faith in Jesus.

Blessings!
And repenting of your sins. Also very important.

Back