How valuable are we to God?

When we go through hardships we wonder this. Nothing except the actual need being met can comfort us. But is this true?

There is scriptural truth and impeccable logic that we can hold onto to see us through hardships. Truth as tangible as the need being met.

Scripture:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

God showed us that in His eyes we are worthy of the greatest love He is capable of.

Matt 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Jesus is using an extreme example to make an extreme point. It actually sounds a bit sarcastic. If you add a ''Hello....'' at the start you will see what I mean.

John 9:31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

This is a very important verse to understand. It is God telling us that if we are after His heart, He hears our prayer. Not ''He does not'' hear our prayer. Not ''if we repeat scripture over and over with much fasting he may hear our prayer'.' So we can fully conclude that whatever prayers seem unanswered have certainly not gone un-heard.

Psalm 125:1 Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever. Matt 10:39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

David is telling us to put our full trust in the Lord. Jesus qualifies this.

Impeccable Logic:

Non-Christian: Look at the creation you are and your surroundings. All the people in your life. Your family. The kids you went to school with. The shop keeper. Your gym partner. The year you were born and the technology that you are surrounded with that no generation prior had access to. All of this is not co-incidental. This is all evidence of a higher power putting you where He wants you. He has a plan for your life. All the evidence points there. As much as we think we are in control of it, we are not. We can only defy Him where He has placed us. He would not do this all if we had no value to Him.

Christian: If God no longer needs us He will take us to heaven. God prefers to use us vs take us. As heaven is heaven and earth is earth. IE Earth sux. Heaven is awesome. God needs us where things are bad for as long as is possible.

We can and must have absolute trust in God undertaking for our needs. We must learn to trust His timing and will. We must grasp that we are valuable to Him.

Edit 1: underlined 'grasp' that we are valuable to Him.
Edit 2: re-underlined 'grasp' that we are valuable to Him.
Edit 3: re-re-underlined 'grasp'.

Last edited:
We can and must have absolute trust in God undertaking for our needs. We must learn to trust His timing and will. We must grasp that we are valuable to Him.
I agree. It is when we have a lack of knowledge of the Word that we feel insecure. There are many scriptures in the Word which tell how much the Father pays attention to us. It says that even a hair on our heads are numbered.

The hardships are often our own fault because of disobedience to the Word or lack of knowledge of Biblical principles and we try and blame the Lord. We can overcome hardships by repentance and making the adjustments according to the Word. This is where the Holy Spirit can lead us.

The important thing is to realize that the Father does not put hardships on us. We live in a broken world ruled by the prince of darkness. The father's love and grace keeps us while we run around in hardships like little lost sheep. His Word will always guide us to overcome hardships.

Even during hardships we are not "little lost sheep".

Since the beginning, every prophet God has sent forth has been killed, even His Son. We know there are still Paul's in this world; Paul before he was saved, of course.

Like dumb lambs being lead before the sheared... God shaves off the outer bulk, cleaning us from the inside out. Each layer we allow Him to shave away is replaced by Him and not self. Amen

When we go through hardships we wonder this. Nothing except the actual need being met can comfort us.

When I look back at some of the 'hardships' in my life, I am amazed at the ways the Lord has met my needs in ways _other_ than what I thought would be good, or what I desired. Meeting a need is often different from providing the thing that we think we need.

I knew this truth as I raised my sons. I tried hard to meet their needs, while not always letting them decide how those needs were met.

It is the same for us being His children.

My need when I was laid-off was not for the new job I prayed for. It was for me to look concentrate on my family and my community.

If I were to only accept the exact thing I thought I needed, I would still be looking.

My need when I got ill was not a miracle cure. It was for me to learn about placing myself in His Hands. If He had simply and miraculously healed my body, I would never have learned the perseverance to go through the process, and I would not have even known about the community of people with related experiences that has been part of my life these past few years.

In His good time, my financial needs were brought to manageable, even comfortable conditions. And, while I do credit Him with my recovery, it was not through an obvious miracle, but through trusting Him to empower and guide my surgeon.

It is when we learn to recognize that the Lord HAS fulfilled our need according to His plan rather than ours that we see much of His steadfast love expressed in ways we could never have foreseen, resulting in growth we never would have had if we got the remedy asked for, when we asked for it, rather than the things He knew we need in the time of His choice.

Even during hardships we are not "little lost sheep".
You are right. We are not little lost sheep, but sometimes we ACT LIKE little lost sheep in hardships.
Let me maybe expand a little on what I meant.

When we fail to grab hold of the Word, draw near to the Lord, and grow in hardships we tend to stay in hardships much longer than we need to. Acting like a lost sheep is following the pattern of the world during hardships while walking in sonship is following the Word and the Holy Spirit during hardships. A person acting like a sheep feels God is far off and tends to move away from God during times of trial while a person walking in sonship has a confidence that the Spirit is always nearby and there to give guidance.

If we were not entangling ourselves with this life's affairs, we would not be in the worldly hardships. Hence, forsaking all, pick up our cross and follow Him. Amen

Those folks that are serving a far away God has never excepted Jesus into their heart. For HE is in me and I am in Him and we go unto the Father. Amen

You are right. We are not little lost sheep, but sometimes we ACT LIKE little lost sheep in hardships.
Let me maybe expand a little on what I meant.

When we fail to grab hold of the Word, draw near to the Lord, and grow in hardships we tend to stay in hardships much longer than we need to. Acting like a lost sheep is following the pattern of the world during hardships while walking in sonship is following the Word and the Holy Spirit during hardships. A person acting like a sheep feels God is far off and tends to move away from God during times of trial while a person walking in sonship has a confidence that the Spirit is always nearby and there to give guidance.
Ha! I feel this definitely described me... I need to get grounded in God.

Ha! I feel this definitely described me... I need to get grounded in God.
We have all been there and we are all still learning to be rooted and grounded in God :rolleyes:.

The Father's love will keep you and draw you into His presence when you spend time in His WORD. This is how I grew out of my hardship last year and learned to trust in Him. You will find His peace comes over you, as you learn to trust in Him. Even though the hardship might not have changed a bit, you will feel victorious and know you are coming out of it stronger..

God's love is for every single human being He has created,
BUT,
He will in no ways compromise His justice purity holiness and truth to allow evil to come into His presence.
Satan was better than most of us, perfect, yet evil in his heart and
him and a third of the Angels were cast out of Heaven.
God destroyed ALL mankind except Noah and his family in the flood because of Man's violence.

It says, I am the vine you are the branch abide in me..and.. he prunes the branches...and
he cuts off and throws in the fire the fruitless branches.

do not take God for granted.

Back