How we know we are chilrden of God

Jeffin

Webmaster
Staff member
Helper
How we know we are chilrden of God

HOW WE KNOW WE ARE CHILDREN OF GOD.

1. OBEY: 1 John 2:3
1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

And this is how we my discern ( daily by experience) that we aer coming to know him - to perceive, recognize, understand and become better aquainted with him; if we keep (bear in the mind, observe, practice) his teaching (percepts, commandments).

2. WALK : 1 John 2:6
1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Who ever says he abides in Him ought ( as a personal debt) to walk and conduct himself in the same way in which He walked and condecuted Himself.

3.PRIORITY : 1 John 2:15
1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Do not love or cherish the world or the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him.

RELATIONSHIP (Conformity) 1 John 2:29
1 John 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

If you know,(percieve and are sure), that He (Christ) is absolutely righteous, (conforming to the Fathers will in purpose, thought and action), you may also know ( be sure) that everyone who does righteously ( and therefore in like manner conformed t the divine will), is born , (begotten) of Him ( Christ)

God's Spirit will guide us in all these areas-
Rom 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost
His still small voice speaking His way and truth into our hearts leading us and drawing us to the place we -
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
This is the place were we as Christains can follow all God's commands and be obediant in every aspect of our lives- anything else would fall under this category-
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Truly when we walk in complete submission to and perfect harmony with God's prescious Holy Spirit the we will
OBEY
WALK
ETC
I am in perfect agreement with everything Jeff listed but only wanted to make the point- YOU CANNOT DO IT IN YOUR STRENGTH- we must abide in the vine- then the life of the vine flows thru us causing us to grow and produce fruit. The vine supplies everything we need and we have the priviledge of being fruitbearers-I guess I have said all that to say I have seen to many of my brethren struggle thru their christianity trying to make themselves obediant but not with God's power- trying to live the christain life in your own ability will produce at the very least a frustrated burnt out life and at the very worst a dead judgemental pharasitical outlook- I have been in churches were striving in the flesh was the norm - this almost completely cuts of the moving of the Holy Spirit - If I am way of target with my contribution here please forgive me but having been in that type of situation
before it is something very close to my heart.
Thanks for bearing with me- Larry

Sylvanus I find you to be a gracious and kind brother- thanks- Larry

Back