How would you feel when you have no one else to talk to, and the only person you’ve got doesn’t want to have a conversation that’s on your mind?

This has just happened to me recently with a person that I’ve had several topics deemed controversial for him. I was talking about something personal and he replied that he doesn’t want to talk about it. I then tried to change the subject only for him to say that he doesn’t want to talk about that either, because he deems it’s too inappropriate and uncomfortable and claims he doesn’t want to have that conversation with me. The point is, I can’t help the fact that I have controversial things on my mind all the time. Some of you might say that I could’ve just had a conversation with someone else, but the problem is there was no one else for me to talk to. Everyone else either ignores me or makes a problem out of me as an individual. So much of that makes me feel like there’s something wrong with me.

Please I really don’t want any arguments or unwanted advice. I just want prayer and support.

I can talk to God
About anything
I can talk to God
For He is listening
I can talk to God when I'm happy
I can talk to God when I'm sad
I can talk to God about anything..even the things that make me MAD!

Prayers for you at this time.

My feeling when this happens is I write it out, or maybe make some art to express my feelings about whatever controversy is going in. Poetry can be a way of doing that. (the above is not an original poem/song, but came to mind when I read your post) . Not everyone wants to listen to me, and sure people can ignore me but then I just sing anyway. I don't really let that bother me but I sometimes have long one sided monologues with God cos I have lots of things to talk about and He just listens and doesn't interrupt me.
The other person doesn't have to say anything a lot of the time, as I don't always ask or expect them to think about the same things I think about. Personal matters often people keep private because they are uncomfortable and upsetting and many people are taught they should never cry or get angry or experience emotions.

I think thats why many people get told to see counsellors or psychiatrists. I feel that many want to talk about things that are important to them but often get shut down or silenced. If something bad has happened to you, you need to tell someone you can trust..some horrible things and secrets we are not meant to carry alone.

Take it to God and ask Him to send you someone that you can talk about these things with, someone,who, will help you to understand and be able to guide you through your difficult times and laugh with you through the good times. I am praying for you.

When we come across sensitive issues that need talking through with young children/teen we get told to give them an 0800 number for lifeline, or whats up? So they can call it anytime for free when they need someone to talk to who can guide them or just listen.

I have not called any myself when I was young but I do remember one time calling 111 for help, for 'spiritual emergency' though there's now a number 555 if you don't want ambulance, police, or fire brigade. There's also victim support that can help.

You'd only go to the CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) if you wanted advice on tricky issues to deal with living. But if you talking about personal issues and there's no one else God may provide you with someone. It might not be the person you expect...it could be a neighbour, a classmate, or even a cat!

This modern day phenomenon, maybe it's a Western thing, of everyone having paid personal therapists can be ...expensive. I remember going to one after many years the doctor saying I had to see one, when I finally got enough courage to go and see one they cost so much money and I was intimidated and by that time I was a Christian so I thought I can talk to God about this stuff and don't need to be paying and wasting someone else's time. I think people have therapists because couples don't talk to each other or have stopped talking and listening and kids can't talk to parents about things because they will get a beating. Employees can't talk to staff because they will get fired, and bosses don't have the time to listen.

A lot of people would ring up talkback radio and talk, you don't have to give your own name, and the radio host will listen because they invite people to ring in otherwise they have no body else to talk to and dead air on the radio lol. And some shows talk about controversial things and personal things as long as that person isn't being horrible and swearing they can express themselves, and maybe have a rant and get things off their chest. Then someone else might call in and say they feel the same way but weren't brave enough to talk about it, but now they are. So there's something in it.

I know many people that live by themselves keep the radio on all the time, just for company and hearing other voices.

Back