Humbleness or Pride

Jeffin

Webmaster
Staff member
Helper
Humbleness or Pride

Hi all,

Here's something I want to share on humbleness.

The Bible teaches us to be humble in Col 3:12 - "Put on therefore, as the elect of God (all who are saved through Jesus Christ) Holy and Beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering". Our humbleness of mind allows the Holy Spirit to work through us. Jesus Christ himself (as man) did not seek his on will, but the will of the Father, God. Even when He was on the cross, He asked God to forgive those who hurt him. :?
"Verily I say to you, except ye be converted and become like little children, ye shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Whosoever therfore shall be humble himself as this little child, the same is the greatest in the Kingdon of Heaven. Matt 18:2-4
Humility in our life is an outward display of an inward concept that we develop as we realize God can do all things, and we can accomplish absolutely nothing on our own. In my opinion it is not wholy wealth that can prevent a rich man from entering the Kingdom of God, but the nature of self-reliance (a form of pride). As long as we live in flesh, our fleshly thoughts will cause us to make improper decisions and often we fail to succeed in our efforts. God's ways are higher than ours, and His thoughts are greater than our thoughts. Let us keep away from pride and allow God to work his magnificient plan through us.

-Jeff 8)
"Humble yourself in the site of the Lord, and He shall lift you up" - James 4:10

Back