Hurting and in depression

I'm not one that tells people his feelings usually, but it feels like I will get nowhere if I don't.

I asked God to talk to me, to speak to me. I asked to be able to hear Him. I still couldn't. I constantly ask Him everyday, but I still don't.

I find it hard to follow the Bible, to love at all times, and to learn to stay quiet. And to be righteous in speech, and in action. I know that the heart determines the speech. So my heart must still be evil, then. I ask God to change me, to guide me, but it feel like it is not working. I don't see any results.

I don't hear the Holy Spirit. I can't follow the Bible like I should be able to.

I could not associate myself with other things, even if I wanted to. I cannot have fun anymore. I don't enjoy anything, at least not anything that "normal" kids enjoy. On thing that I find that I enjoy are when I see that the Bible hits a topic on the T, meaning that it describes it perfectly. I know that the Bible is perfect, but I mean passages like

2 Timothy 3:2-5 KJV
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, [3] Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, [4] Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; [5] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

That passage describes my generation literally perfectly. But I can't enjoy video games, or holidays, or mostly anything else. It's sad.

I "tried" God, but it does not seem to work, at least for me. I know that the Christian God is real, and that He is all that He says He is, because of the accuracy of the Bible and the accounts of multiple people telling the same exact thing when it comes total their experience with God. So I know that I cannot give up, because hell is waiting for me if I do. Just the thought of completely rejecting Jesus scares me.

So, to conclude, I have been put in a depression, because it seems like I cannot hear God, that I cannot understand Scripture, and I cannot enjoy my life.

Sorry for making a long post. I tried to keep my thoughts between me and God, but I just had to share. Thaks.

Last edited:
Juk my brother and friend, the first words that I need to tell you is...don't lose heart.

I will write more in a little while. I am preparing it now.

Reactions: Juk
Nehemiah 8:10b
Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Joy is a choice---an act of the will. Choose joy and choose to not allow anyone or anything to rob you of it.

Habakkuk 3:18
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

Last edited:
I'm not one that tells people his feelings usually, but it feels like I will get nowhere if I don't.

I asked God to talk to me, to speak to me. I asked to be able to hear Him. I still couldn't. I constantly ask Him everyday, but I still don't.

I find it hard to follow the Bible, to love at all times, and to learn to stay quiet. And to be righteous in speech, and in action. I know that the heart determines the speech. So my heart must still be evil, then. I ask God to change me, to guide me, but it feel like it is not working. I don't see any results.

I don't hear the Holy Spirit. I can't follow the Bible like I should be able to.

I could not associate myself with other things, even if I wanted to. I cannot have fun anymore. I don't enjoy anything, at least not anything that "normal" kids enjoy. On thing that I find that I enjoy are when I see that the Bible hits a topic on the T, meaning that it describes it perfectly. I know that the Bible is perfect, but I mean passages like

2 Timothy 3:2-5 KJV
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, [3] Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, [4] Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; [5] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

That passage describes my generation literally perfectly. But I can't enjoy video games, or holidays, or mostly anything else. It's sad.

I "tried" God, but it does not seem to work, at least for me. I know that the Christian God is real, and that He is all that He says He is, because of the accuracy of the Bible and the accounts of multiple people telling the same exact thing when it comes total their experience with God. So I know that I cannot give up, because hell is waiting for me if I do. Just the thought of completely rejecting Jesus scares me.

So, to conclude, I have been put in a depression, because it seems like I cannot hear God, that I cannot understand Scripture, and I cannot enjoy my life.

Sorry for making a long post. I tried to keep my thoughts between me and God, but I just had to share. Thaks.
Do you remember what I wrote to you in the last 2 posts on your "Prayer" thread? If not please re-read it and meditate on the verses that I mentioned.

As I mentioned there, our life as Christians really is all about faith Juk. There is a very good reason why God has said in His word that without faith it is impossible to please Him and that the just shall live by faith. Faith is our activator if brings things to life for us. When the bible talks about being saved it is not just talking about avoiding hell and going to heaven. It is talking about complete salvation...body, mind, soul and spirit! It means we are saved from all things evil and corrupt....this includes the carnal/worldly way of thinking, acting and feeling! Eternal life/everlasting life that is described in the bible does not meaning just living forever(that is a very small part), It means knowing God! "and this is eternal life, that they might know the e the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent" John 17:3(KJV). Please always remember that verse! I sought God on the topic of eternal life and He showed this to me clearly with other verses to back it up. He also showed me in his Word what it means to know Him.

Juk, I feel I need to share with you that I feel a connection to you because the struggles in your walk have been and still are(in some cases) my own. God has be good to me in teaching me many things about them. AND living by faith in Him and his Word(which are one) has been the number one thing! He is showing me that you can cry and beg Him for a very long time(I have done so for years) and you still won't get what you want from Him! Why?????? Because doing this does not show faith! He moves in response to our faith...this is clearly taught throughout the bible. All of this can be a long and hard lesson to learn but it is the way it works. He is also teaching me that keeping His commandments/word is an integral part of faith. It is like the partnership of husband and wife, the two come together to bring forth life..."...faith without works is dead"James 2:26.

Do you remember what I wrote to you in the last 2 posts on your "Prayer" thread? If not please re-read it and meditate on the verses that I mentioned.

As I mentioned there, our life as Christians really is all about faith Juk. There is a very good reason why God has said in His word that without faith it is impossible to please Him and that the just shall live by faith. Faith is our activator if brings things to life for us. When the bible talks about being saved it is not just talking about avoiding hell and going to heaven. It is talking about complete salvation...body, mind, soul and spirit! It means we are saved from all things evil and corrupt....this includes the carnal/worldly way of thinking, acting and feeling! Eternal life/everlasting life that is described in the bible does not meaning just living forever(that is a very small part), It means knowing God! "and this is eternal life, that they might know the e the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent" John 17:3(KJV). Please always remember that verse! I sought God on the topic of eternal life and He showed this to me clearly with other verses to back it up. He also showed me in his Word what it means to know Him.

Juk, I feel I need to share with you that I feel a connection to you because the struggles in your walk have been and still are(in some cases) my own. God has be good to me in teaching me many things about them. AND living by faith in Him and his Word(which are one) has been the number one thing! He is showing me that you can cry and beg Him for a very long time(I have done so for years) and you still won't get what you want from Him! Why?????? Because doing this does not show faith! He moves in response to our faith...this is clearly taught throughout the bible. All of this can be a long and hard lesson to learn but it is the way it works. He is also teaching me that keeping His commandments/word is an integral part of faith. It is like the partnership of husband and wife, the two come together to bring forth life..."...faith without works is dead"James 2:26.
Thank you for telling me that begging for God does not show faith and that it will not work! That lifted some weight off my shoulders. So, how do I show faith? I'm guessing that this is by reading the Bible and trying to live it out. I once asked God, that if what I am going through is a test, that He will help me pass.

Thank you for telling me that begging for God does not show faith and that it will not work! That lifted some weight off my shoulders. So, how do I show faith? I'm guessing that this is by reading the Bible and trying to live it out. I once asked God, that if what I am going through is a test, that He will help me pass.
Study, meditate and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal His word to you so you understand it. Then when you do understand, then do what it says! Stand on the Word as if your life depended on it...because it does!

"...I say to you ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you"Luke 11:9. "...You will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord." Jeremiah 29:13-14. "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him" John 14:21.

As I mentioned to you before it is not a matter of "trying harder" but a matter of faith...we are not saved(in any way) by works. "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Philippians 2:12-13. So you see it is God that does the work in you but you have your part in it as well.

Juk... What you suffer from is what we all suffer from. Our sinfulness fights against the spirit of God everyday, but guess what? God is stronger than our sin.

What you are experiencing is the flesh, law, and sin. What you need is the spirit, faith, and grace. Look to yourself and your actions and you will fail everytime. Look to God and what he has done through Jesus and you will realize he has won it for you.

I know exactly what you are feeling Juk, and I know it sucks. But God is faithful and he will bring you out. Also, God doesn't need to make himself audible to you. Just have faith and stop worrying about what you experience in this life, because God is in control and he works all things for our good.

Also, even if you feel that you are not understanding or getting anything out of reading your bible right now, please know that the time you put in is not wasted. You will understand later, the Holy Spirit will bring verses back to you causing you to remember what you read and will explain them to you. I can testify of this from experience because He has done this very thing for me many times. So take heart, here are some more verses for you: "Therefore do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but the things that are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.

Mykuhl Awesome Post !!
Now that is waht it is all about. May God Bless you within some way off the hook for taking the time to write this to Juk. ; )
Blessings
Jim

Mr Juk my Friend and Brother,
If you are going through a test I have but one thing to tell you...........
IT IS AN OPEN BOOK TEST.......... So get in the word of God and pass this test for all the answers are in there.
Blessings

@Juk

Juk you want to start exercising your faith?
Then start speaking what it says in His word. The written word of God says
His sheep here His voice...........you are His sheep so STOP this I cant hear His voice and start saying what He says in His word. Brother in time this will turn it all around.

Another thing, I wish I lived closer to you because I would bug you 24/7 \365 to have some fun. I would give you no rest until you started having some fun. Juk this is not pleasing to God to think you can not have fun. He created you to have fun bro.

This is a huge problem in your life. You refuse to enjoy your self and as long as you live like this you will see very little growth in the Lord. Not kidding Juk for this would be a deception from the devil to keep you all up tight and bound up more then a dirty mop soaked in super glue and then rolled in flour.

Lighten up Juk God is loven you and He would enjoy having some fun with you.
God Bless My Fun Friend and Brother
jim

Juk, life is an open book test....that God desires for you to pass, and He has given you the book. The Bible was just as much a labor of love, as Jesus dying on the cross. A lot of people were put to death and tortured and what not just so that you could have a copy in your possession.

Walking by faith is putting one foot in front of the other and walking out the things that God asks us to do. Like if we get angry at someone, or frustrated...the first thing that we should do is to repent for our anger and then forgive the person who upset us. It is not always easy, but as you make the decision to repent and then forgive, then you are taking a step in God's ways and He will help you to do the rest. But we have to choose to take the first step in acting on God's Word.

Do you know the passage of scripture in Matthew 7:1? It is judge not lest you be judged. Vs. 2 says "for in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Do you know how this applies in your own life?

You used 2 Timothy as your verse to show that the Bible is true. Why focus on only that one passage? Do you think that you are better than those whom that you point out their faults? God loves us all the same, but somewhere you have jumped onto the condemning others to hell bandwagon. I see it in all of the posts that you write. When we point out other peoples faults....we are not going to make ourselves look any better to ourselves or God.

God loves you sooooo very much! He sent His Son to die for you and cover you with His Blood so that every time the Father looks at you, He only sees the Righteousness of Jesus, not our sins. But by focusing all of your attention on the bad things that people do, you are training your brain to only think about and meditate on the bad stuff...God has told us in Philippians 4:8 to think about the good stuff. That is what Romans 12:2 says.....Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is (for your life)- His good, pleasing perfect will. The reason why God tells us to renew our minds with the Word, is because He knows how the brain works...it has to be taught to remember things. And we have to choose to teach it the good things....otherwise, as we focus on the bad things...that is what we end up doing. Does this make sense to you? If not i will explain it another way.

No matter what you see or feel or experience...you have to train yourself to love people like God does. Jesus died for every person on the face of this earth. So if God loves them enough to send His Son to die for them...don't you think that you could at least try to love a few? We All were sinners, before we accepted Christ as Lord and Savior. Not one person was different, except Jesus (who is supposed to be our example, the one that we choose to imitate) So just because we have accepted Jesus as our Lord, does not mean we have the right to condemn others to hell. It means that we should love them, and desire to see them in heaven.

Your condemnation has even gone so far as to judge your pastor and church. They are joyfully celebrating their Salvation and Savior and all you can say is that they are being charasmatic and in the flesh. But here you sit allowing yourself to be sad, and cannot figure out how to be joyful......hmmmmm maybe what they have is working and the devil got in your thoughts to discourage you so that you chose to not allow yourself to be joyfully celebrating your Savior. You even allowed the enemy to stop you from being baptized (which you were really excited about at one time), because you are standing in judgement of your church.

Stop allowing the devil to steal your joy, and peace that Jesus died to give you.

Love you little man!

Is it because you worried about your peers Juk? That they are lost? Start praying for them. It does help to have fellow believers if even one of someone your own age can be friends with you who is also a believer then you can spend time with them. Ask God to send someone to you you can have fun with. Dont be afraid to reach out, sometimes we need to make the first move.

Rest assured the holy spirit is working in you even when you cant hear Him sometimes he leaves us be for a while and we find that without him we do need Him.
If I were you Id want to jump in and get my sins completely washed away. I would feel yuck and down if I didnt have a bath for a week. I can tell you Its more fun being Gods child than it ever was being Satans. Come out of the darkness and walk in the light.

Juk, life is an open book test....that God desires for you to pass, and He has given you the book. The Bible was just as much a labor of love, as Jesus dying on the cross. A lot of people were put to death and tortured and what not just so that you could have a copy in your possession.

Walking by faith is putting one foot in front of the other and walking out the things that God asks us to do. Like if we get angry at someone, or frustrated...the first thing that we should do is to repent for our anger and then forgive the person who upset us. It is not always easy, but as you make the decision to repent and then forgive, then you are taking a step in God's ways and He will help you to do the rest. But we have to choose to take the first step in acting on God's Word.

Do you know the passage of scripture in Matthew 7:1? It is judge not lest you be judged. Vs. 2 says "for in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Do you know how this applies in your own life?

You used 2 Timothy as your verse to show that the Bible is true. Why focus on only that one passage? Do you think that you are better than those whom that you point out their faults? God loves us all the same, but somewhere you have jumped onto the condemning others to hell bandwagon. I see it in all of the posts that you write. When we point out other peoples faults....we are not going to make ourselves look any better to ourselves or God.

God loves you sooooo very much! He sent His Son to die for you and cover you with His Blood so that every time the Father looks at you, He only sees the Righteousness of Jesus, not our sins. But by focusing all of your attention on the bad things that people do, you are training your brain to only think about and meditate on the bad stuff...God has told us in Philippians 4:8 to think about the good stuff. That is what Romans 12:2 says.....Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is (for your life)- His good, pleasing perfect will. The reason why God tells us to renew our minds with the Word, is because He knows how the brain works...it has to be taught to remember things. And we have to choose to teach it the good things....otherwise, as we focus on the bad things...that is what we end up doing. Does this make sense to you? If not i will explain it another way.

No matter what you see or feel or experience...you have to train yourself to love people like God does. Jesus died for every person on the face of this earth. So if God loves them enough to send His Son to die for them...don't you think that you could at least try to love a few? We All were sinners, before we accepted Christ as Lord and Savior. Not one person was different, except Jesus (who is supposed to be our example, the one that we choose to imitate) So just because we have accepted Jesus as our Lord, does not mean we have the right to condemn others to hell. It means that we should love them, and desire to see them in heaven.

Your condemnation has even gone so far as to judge your pastor and church. They are joyfully celebrating their Salvation and Savior and all you can say is that they are being charasmatic and in the flesh. But here you sit allowing yourself to be sad, and cannot figure out how to be joyful......hmmmmm maybe what they have is working and the devil got in your thoughts to discourage you so that you chose to not allow yourself to be joyfully celebrating your Savior. You even allowed the enemy to stop you from being baptized (which you were really excited about at one time), because you are standing in judgement of your church.

Stop allowing the devil to steal your joy, and peace that Jesus died to give you.

Love you little man!
Thank you for the advice. I do try to love others (believe it or not). That's why I have so many "friends" at school, because I am so nice to everyone. But recently, I have started to become a bit intolerant because my classmates are getting really annoying by touching me and saying "hi" to me five times every class. And I am also trying to learn how to be loving, but not submissive to others at the same time. I don't want to come off as weak.
And I do agree that I always seem to condemn others. I guess this is because I am a serious guy and I don't like it when people are having fun. I know, that sounds really bad.

Well you have two choices. Either you join the unsaved and live your life like them or you detest that and live your life according to God's commandments. Whether you hear or feel God is irrelevant. Whether you are happy or not is irrelevant. All that is relevant is whether you love what is sick and evil or hate it and cling to what is good.

Enjoy your life? You are not to be mindful of YOU enjoying YOUR life. We are here to serve God. If we love what is good, this will bring us joy.

The world is like a juicy looking apple with worms in it. On face value it looks fun. But behind the scenes people are covering up their emptiness, misery and darkness. There is a reason God wants NOTHING to do for all eternity with ''the world''.

As you grow as a Christian you will learn that scripture is God's provision for us. It is our food. It is God talking to us. It is God being literal with us. Just decide to follow Jesus Matt 16:24 and read and read and read scripture. All your hang ups will be dealt with.

@Juk

Juk you want to start exercising your faith?
Then start speaking what it says in His word. The written word of God says
His sheep here His voice...........you are His sheep so STOP this I cant hear His voice and start saying what He says in His word. Brother in time this will turn it all around.

Another thing, I wish I lived closer to you because I would bug you 24/7 \365 to have some fun. I would give you no rest until you started having some fun. Juk this is not pleasing to God to think you can not have fun. He created you to have fun bro.

This is a huge problem in your life. You refuse to enjoy your self and as long as you live like this you will see very little growth in the Lord. Not kidding Juk for this would be a deception from the devil to keep you all up tight and bound up more then a dirty mop soaked in super glue and then rolled in flour.

Lighten up Juk God is loven you and He would enjoy having some fun with you.
God Bless My Fun Friend and Brother
jim
I thought that God didn't want us to have fun. The Bible says to be sober, which means serious. Maybe I interpreted that the wrong way. But ever since I quit video games, I found that I cannot have fun. There was always this "magic" to video games that made them so awesome! But when I like a game, I want to be the best I can at it, so I learn all the technical aspects of the game. And when I learn those things, all the fun gets taken out. Now, whenever I try to play video games, there is some mage or wizard in it so I avoid the game. I only like those fantasy rpgs.

Also, even if you feel that you are not understanding or getting anything out of reading your bible right now, please know that the time you put in is not wasted. You will understand later, the Holy Spirit will bring verses back to you causing you to remember what you read and will explain them to you. I can testify of this from experience because He has done this very thing for me many times. So take heart, here are some more verses for you: "Therefore do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but the things that are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.
Thank you for all of your help.

I thought that God didn't want us to have fun. The Bible says to be sober, which means serious. Maybe I interpreted that the wrong way. But ever since I quit video games, I found that I cannot have fun. There was always this "magic" to video games that made them so awesome! But when I like a game, I want to be the best I can at it, so I learn all the technical aspects of the game. And when I learn those things, all the fun gets taken out. Now, whenever I try to play video games, there is some mage or wizard in it so I avoid the game. I only like those fantasy rpgs.

Playing a fantasy game with mages and wizards will not send you to hell or anywhere near it. What game you referring to? Our Christians senses do not tingle for trivial things. Our pedantic brains do.

Playing a fantasy game with mages and wizards will not send you to hell or anywhere near it. What game you referring to? Our Christians senses do not tingle for trivial things. Our pedantic brains do.
I'm referring to just about every single fantasy RPG.

Just discern better Juk. God put us in a world with the devil, demons and many evil people. It is not the end of the world if we play games that have evil in them. The issue is more a case of, do the games make you serve or idolize specific characters above God? Do they encourage you to be immoral? Do they keep you from church? Does playing them stumble anyone around you?

Back