Hurting and in depression

Ohhh I see what you mean. Video games have never made me stumble in any of those ways, after I accepted Christ.

Juk the one thing I would say about this would be........does the word of God tell us to stay away from evil or things contrary to His word ? Believe me when I say there is no good in playing games with evil charactors and such. It would be a foolish thing to do. Evil as in demons and witches and such other evil characters.

It's not that I can't understand the Bible, it's that I have a hard time trying to live it out

Juk, we all have difficulty walking the Bible out. But that is why it is important to rely on the Lord to help you. As you read your Bible and spend time with God...then He will teach you how to rely on Him. I fall down sometimes and so do you, but if you get right back up and get in the Word, repenting and accepting God's washing you or cleansing you of all unrighteousness..then forget that sin and keep moving forward.

And yes i do know that you are trying to be loving just as God desires you to be, but you have to remember that to do something just like God asks you to...you have to have His equipment. Which is the Holy Spirit. So every time you find yourself getting irritable with someone, or irritated because they are touching you 5 times in every class....make the decision to by faith forgive them. All you have to say is I forgive them Father. Even if you have to say it 50-1000 times in one day. Eventually your brain will stop holding onto or reacting to the irritation. This is part of walking in love by faith. Because your body and mind want to be irritated, but your spirit wants you to be free from the frustration or the irritation. The Spirit wants to do the things that God desires for you to do...to walk in His ways....but they have to be done by relying on Him (the Holy Spirit) to help you.

Have you read and tried to memorize 1 Corinthians 13:4-7? If not give it a try. Then try to everyday in lots of different situations say those verses to see how you are doing. If you learn to apply the Word of God to your everyday life, it will make walking it more difficult. Plus it gives the Holy Spirit things to work with. That is why the Word in Romans 12:2 says to renew your mind....and in Joshua 1:8 says to not allow the book of the law (the Bible for us) to depart out of your mouth. And proverbs 4:20-22 says to not allow them out of your site, and to keep them within your heart....for they are life to all who find them and health to all of their flesh. Vs. 23 says to guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it and vs. 24 says to keep your mouth from perverse talk or words that do not line up with the Word of God..and stay away from corrupt speech. Vs. 25 says to look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you vs. 26 mark out a straight path for your feet; and let all thy ways be established. Vs. 27 turn not to the right or to the left : remove thy foot from evil.

Your on the right path...just don't give up on God. And yes find something that you enjoy doing that glorifies God. There are a lot of successful people in this world, who have taken their passion dedicated it to God and God has taught them how to use it for His glory. I just watched a fishing video, where all of the top successful fishermen gave glory to God and testified that without His help they could not be successful. If you can watch the movie...facing the giants....it will teach you what i am talking about. Any ideas how to make videos for youtube that glorify God?

If God did not want you to have joy....He would not have had it written...the joy of the Lord is my strength.

Hope this helps...
Blessings!

Juk, we all have difficulty walking the Bible out. But that is why it is important to rely on the Lord to help you. As you read your Bible and spend time with God...then He will teach you how to rely on Him. I fall down sometimes and so do you, but if you get right back up and get in the Word, repenting and accepting God's washing you or cleansing you of all unrighteousness..then forget that sin and keep moving forward.

And yes i do know that you are trying to be loving just as God desires you to be, but you have to remember that to do something just like God asks you to...you have to have His equipment. Which is the Holy Spirit. So every time you find yourself getting irritable with someone, or irritated because they are touching you 5 times in every class....make the decision to by faith forgive them. All you have to say is I forgive them Father. Even if you have to say it 50-1000 times in one day. Eventually your brain will stop holding onto or reacting to the irritation. This is part of walking in love by faith. Because your body and mind want to be irritated, but your spirit wants you to be free from the frustration or the irritation. The Spirit wants to do the things that God desires for you to do...to walk in His ways....but they have to be done by relying on Him (the Holy Spirit) to help you.

Have you read and tried to memorize 1 Corinthians 13:4-7? If not give it a try. Then try to everyday in lots of different situations say those verses to see how you are doing. If you learn to apply the Word of God to your everyday life, it will make walking it more difficult. Plus it gives the Holy Spirit things to work with. That is why the Word in Romans 12:2 says to renew your mind....and in Joshua 1:8 says to not allow the book of the law (the Bible for us) to depart out of your mouth. And proverbs 4:20-22 says to not allow them out of your site, and to keep them within your heart....for they are life to all who find them and health to all of their flesh. Vs. 23 says to guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it and vs. 24 says to keep your mouth from perverse talk or words that do not line up with the Word of God..and stay away from corrupt speech. Vs. 25 says to look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you vs. 26 mark out a straight path for your feet; and let all thy ways be established. Vs. 27 turn not to the right or to the left : remove thy foot from evil.

Your on the right path...just don't give up on God. And yes find something that you enjoy doing that glorifies God. There are a lot of successful people in this world, who have taken their passion dedicated it to God and God has taught them how to use it for His glory. I just watched a fishing video, where all of the top successful fishermen gave glory to God and testified that without His help they could not be successful. If you can watch the movie...facing the giants....it will teach you what i am talking about. Any ideas how to make videos for youtube that glorify God?

If God did not want you to have joy....He would not have had it written...the joy of the Lord is my strength.

Hope this helps...
Blessings!
Thak you for all of your advice.

Hello Juk.
I was told long time ago, "unless you can experience an entire psychic change there is very little hope of recovery."
At first, I was not sure what that meant, so I looked up the word psychic/psyche. I then realized that I had next to nothing in my mind that supported recovery. My entire belief system, morals, ethics, philosophies, dreams, wants, and needs were geared to support everything but recovery. A complete 180 degree shift was required.

At first, my best bet was to question all my thoughts. "Does my current thoughts support my old false-way, or my new true-way?" Quite often I had to do the opposite of my first thoughts (my old patterns and cycles). My biggest lesson was to let go of my will to let God's will guide me.

I had to be willing to go to any lengths to change myself. This does not necessarily mean I had to go to any lengths. In most cases, if I was truly willing, the so called lengths suddenly shortened.:)

Sometimes I think that if I changed 180 degrees overnight I might have died from shock, or thought I had a brain and heart transplant.:LOL:

The old ways have to be replaced by God's way. There is no alternative if you want salvation, truth, faith, peace, serenity and love.

A Child Care Center?

No its a teen church program, that helps you to know how to put your faith and the Bible together in your life right now at your age. I thought it may help you if you had things geared at your age group.

Reactions: Juk
Back