I am fed up with YOU!! (Bible Lesson)

WordOFaith

Inactive
I am fed up with YOU!! (Bible Lesson)

I Am fed up with YOU
By WordOFaith

Glory to God!!! I am sure tired of "Dumb" people. You know the ones. The ones you tell over and over of what to do and not to do, but they still do the opposite anyway. This may be a co-worker, a spouse, anyone that you and I have to deal with and clean up after on a constant bases. I mean it's almost as if God has given these special people ministries just to test our love walk and Christ Likeness.

We try to be helpful, but they just keep making the same goofy mistakes over and over. How many times do you have to tell someone not to loose track of the toothpaste cap? It's not like a new cap will magically appear if you loose the first one, even worse..... They don't care it's even lost!!!

If I have said it once, I'll say it again. You can lead a horse to water, but the horses I know die of thirst. Go figure.

It is a fact of life that you and I as Christians are going to have to deal with those that have a life goal to make things not go so smooth. Even those we love (They seem to be the best at making things difficult.)

Should we always respond lovely and kind, or does God take the same opinion we have that make us Justified to let someone have it, and really tell them whats on our mind?
Cmon!!! God knows what is right and what is wrong. We have to stand up sometimes and just tell it like it is. Is it really our job to follow after those we work with and clean up the mistakes they made? They got the promotion and we did not. They SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!! Don't make our life harder.

I have done lots of studying of the Word since I became born again, You would think you know a few things, but boy, oh boy, the learning is not going to end.
What does God think about it?

A few days ago I let someone have it. They did something that they know I do not like. It's not like I have not told them over and over. They are a Christian also, and should walk in love towards me. I did say a few things but kept my mouth shut for the most part. I then went to God and asked him to forgive my outburst and told him that He knew that I was right and I needed help getting this person to see some things.

THE LORD SPOKE TO ME. (Not a voice you can hear, but the Holy Ghost inside. It was very clear and to the point.)

The Lord said. "Moses was right, and it cost him everything!!"

Num 20:10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?

WoW!!!

Talk about correction. If anyone had a reason to complain about someone it would have to be Moses. These backward, rebellious, faithless, stiff necked, people he had been with all this time, certainly deserved some of his wrath. They were the very reason Moses was not in the Land God promised them. I mean, Moses tells them to spy out the land of Canaan to see if it is filled with Milk and honey and they come back complaining about the giants that live there. They were suppose to take the land and decided that God was not big enough to give it to them. This is one of many instances where they cost Moses the promises.

Moses was God's High priest, He was the man. Moses stood up for these people and did lots of pleading with God on their behalf. What did he get in return?? Well, they were going to stone him a few times. They made a calf to worship. They did not do half of what he said. That was his reward.

If anyone was justified in getting upset, it would have to be Moses. God did not even approve of these peoples silly ways. So, one day Moses lost it and said his mind.

MUST WE GET THIS WATER OUT OF THIS ROCK FOR YOU? YOU HAVE NO FAITH, YOU HAVE NOT PAID ATTENTION AND I AM LEFT TO DO EVERYTHING, YOU REBELLIOUS PEOPLE YOU.

Moses very anger and attitude toward those people cost him the promise land and all that he had worked for. That one outburst he acted on and Hit that rock instead of speaking to it. That act of being FED UP.

Moses quick judgment of these people cost him to be judged by the same measure. His acting on anger in hitting that rock was rebellion on his part. The same thing he accused these people of. He lost everything.

Luk 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Moses was right, but being right is not justification to act on anger toward someone.

Eph 4:26
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

If your conversation with someone does not leave them in a better state than when you started then you messed up.

Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

This is very serious. Talking about others, judging others, putting your mouth on co-Workers can cost you the good things God has for you. It will stop your prayer life and allow the enemy to kill, steal and destroy from you. There is a Godly way to express yourself, seek God first before opening your mouth.

So, next time you really know that someone deserves a good "What for" (yelling at) think about what it could cost you. Think about what it cost Moses. Is it really worth the price?

God bless everyone. Peace.

WordOFaith

Moses very anger and attitude toward those people cost him the promise land and all that he had worked for. That one outburst he acted on and Hit that rock instead of speaking to it. That act of being FED UP.

Moses quick judgment of these people cost him to be judged by the same measure. His acting on anger in hitting that rock was rebellion on his part. The same thing he accused these people of. He lost everything.​

Here's my 1 cent on this.

Moses didn't lose everything. Just the passage to Canaan. Remember the time when Moses came, carrying with him the 10 commandments? You know what he did?

And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount

Moses was so angry and so fed up that he threw the 10 Commandments and broke them. Imagine that. The 2 tablets of stone, shattered. And we know how important those 2 stones are.

Sometimes, outbursts like that are understandable. But I agree w/ most of your post WordoFaith. No worries about that.

But there is another special reason why God was disappointed w/ Moses for hitting the rock. That rock was no ordinary rock, that rock was very, very special...

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1 Cor 10:4

Glory to God!!!

1 Cor 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Thank you so much John_Jervis!!! I thought I did a bunch of typing for nothing.

Your absolutely right. Moses did throw those 10 commandments down, but it was more of a righteous anger. It was a different attitude and type of anger than at the rock scene. It was that anger that caused him to step over the line and do something that cost him what he had worked so hard for.

I also have to agree with you about that rock. I was going to explain the rock a little more and felt my post was getting long enough. I do not want to leave the wrong impression, and after reading your post I feel I may have done that.

There is a difference between letting anger and being fed up with someone slam a door and storm out of a room as opposed taking a gun and shooting them. That Rock was important. So important that God wanted Moses to gather everyone around and watch him speak to the Rock. God was going to show a great spiritual lessen here, and Moses allowed his anger to completely mess that all up.

Thank you Brother for you Post and great insight!!!

Be Blessed.

Hmm...I actually saw a much different lesson in the rock being struck. I don't know as the rock itself had any important, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Moses had used that staff for many, many years and for all of the miracles. It really called attention to it and to him. I always imagined that the people began thinking that the power was in the staff or in Moses. And God wanted it to be know that HE was in control, not some magical force in a staff.

More than that, I think God had a much greater miracle planned. And by not speaking to the rock, Moses struck it. If God was going to speak through the rock, then the lesson has been made much more difficult. AND, he once again called attention to the staff and to Moses, and away from the miracle God had planned.

Perhaps the rock was more important than I suppose, but it's really God's power to use all of creation to praise Him that I see.

Thank you

Well, I wanted to keep the Lesson simple. Anger.........Acted on.... Unchecked because your fed up with those God has in your life can equal grief on your part.

Moses at that moment was taking the place of God. Must We fetch your water. People today have this attitude. "IF IT WASN'T FOR ME, YOUR BILLS WOULD NEVER GET PAID. I DO EVERYTHING FOR YOU."

Notice God is not getting any glory for providing the money for the bills, or any glory for sustaining the person needing help. Things people have sown and given will not be multiplied or blessed because of this

(It was all me that saved the day attitude, not God, or God making a way for me to help provide.)

God asked Moses to gather all the elders around and watch the principle of Speaking to something and have it obey you. Jesus taught this also about speaking to a mountain, then one time to a tree. He also spoke to a storm.
This was a very important Lessen on How God operates by speaking to things and we should also operate the same way. This goes way beyond the Point God gave me about being upset with those He has placed in your life.

Thank you for the insight!!!! It is really cool how you or I can teach something and the Holy Ghost expands it way past what was actually said. The Holy Ghost can expand it Past the knowledge he gave the teacher.

Banarenth, You and John_Jervis have shown me things I was not even thinking of while typing this. For this I am blessed.

Thank once again and be Blessed.

Thanks for that John ...

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1 Cor 10:4

I am now finding so many things from the Old that point to the new and was looking for a Bible that Highlighted in red all the things in the Old Testament that point to Christ in the New . I find that so encouraging and so important . Awesome !!!!

Moses was like a type of Christ

Back