I am getting baptised. Will this change anything for me?

I have been everything else but christian during my life. But eventually christ found a way in to my life, and a few years back I decided to follow him.
Where I live we baptise most people as infants, and I also was baptised an infant. I have been going to a church that practices "adult", faith-based baptisms, and have decided I want to get baptised there.
Now to my question.... is my getting baptised likely to change anything between me and jesus? I am not expecting change, but I am beginning to wonder.... will I be any more His after the baptism?

What are your thoughts/ experiences on this subject?

Welcome to cfs kattenihatten

As we ask of all new memers,
Please look over the Following and Familiarize yourself with them, this will help you to have a safe and joyful time here in the forum.

Again this is just forum procedure and nothing else.

1. Forum Policies and Procedures
2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.

If you have any questions or issues with the forum, please feel free to contact a moderator or helper and we will do what we can to help.

Again Welcome to cfs
Blessings
FCJ

I have been everything else but christian during my life. But eventually christ found a way in to my life, and a few years back I decided to follow him.
Where I live we baptise most people as infants, and I also was baptised an infant. I have been going to a church that practices "adult", faith-based baptisms, and have decided I want to get baptised there.
Now to my question.... is my getting baptised likely to change anything between me and jesus? I am not expecting change, but I am beginning to wonder.... will I be any more His after the baptism?

Greetings again,
To answer your question, that would be up to you whether anything including you changes.

If you are just going through the motions because it seems like the right thing to do. Then about all that will happen is you will get wet.

When I got baptized and this was some time after I surrendered unto Christ and got born again, well I came up praising God in the Spirit was radically changed.

I felt so much more free and alive and everything was more real but I went Expecting to be changed.

Blessings
FCJ

Thank you for your answer. ....And you are right, it is up to me. But dare I hope he will touch my life again? I have been so blessed, and it almost feels presumptuous of me to ask for more.

It is not some magical procedure which would give you some super power! You should expect change though. May not be drastic. Through baptism, you are making a proclamation to the world on your faith. You are openly confessing that Jesus cleansed you from your sins and raised you up as a new creation. This outward declaration should give you confidence in your faith. Like Jim said, it all depends on you! Baptism is a step in the right direction. It is a hope that you would continue in the same path by taking more right steps.

It is obedience to Jesus. Knowing that you have done as He requested is a good feeling inside and a clear conscience to God. You should seek also for Jesus to baptize you. He is the one, the only one to baptize with/in the Holy Spirit. You go down into the water a symbolic death of the old man and emerge a new creation in Christ Jesus! I thank God for you!

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

The day I was water baptized was a wonderful day. My brother and I were baptized together. I was 33 and my brother was about 30. Thank God you turned to the true and living God! May He bless you with abundant revelations as you seek His face in prayers and study in the Bible.

Bbbp_0-360x640.jpg

Back