I am new here

I am new here

hello everyone.. :) .. it is nice to meet some of my brothers and sisters.

My name is Jon. I am 28. engaged. work at wal mart. have an ex wife and a daughter who live in another state. I am a former atheist. reformed.

I am an aggressive and very opinioned debater. I love arguing semantics and theology; mostly because I have very strong opinions on the issues and do not like people who use semantics to usurp biblical authority. :) otherwise I am a somewhat amiable guy who is willing to do anything for you.

I have a very defined calling and position. I have not yet taken this position nor started seeking after it. This is mostly because what I have are biblical truths and a fire which burns.. yet no one with which to join me in building my organization. Until God leads me to the right people, with the same passion and call, I will just sit here and continue to burn... :) yes, my passion is unity... based on foundational theology and foundational morality.

let's see... I am a Leo born on the cusp of cancer... just kidding.. lol ..

I like american food.. give me meat and potatoes.

Jesus Christ is my Lord, my Savior, my God, my Fortress, my Shepherd, my King, my Friend, and the One driving force which keeps me alive with hope that somehow He will use me utterly and wholly.

Well, I finally get a chance to be the first to greet a new member! Welcome, slavetoChrist. I think you'll find some very opinionated debaters on this forum. I'm not one of them, though, I prefer a friendly discussion. Gotta keep the ol' blood pressure down, you know. :)

I hope you feel at home here, and I know you'll receive a warm and hearty welcome.

WELCOME
I see you have a sense of humor too~:)

Debating in a positive manner is fine.
We do have to remember to keep Christ's love in all discussions!

Blessings to you~

WoooWhooooo! Welcome!

party-smiley-038.gif

Welcome Carman fan... I am too!:p

I'm a opinionated Jesus Freak Housewife...

We have several ex-atheist and ex-satanist children of the Living God here...

In my heart the Father has placed a great Passion as well...

But life distracts me but He keeps it burning...

My last vision at Church while worshipping I saw Jesus his chest only and it was wounded and bloody then he drew me towards Himself until my chest pressed onto His... WOW ! I still can hardly breath when I think about it ...

I am also like you "an apprendice" in the Gifts He has given me... and learning and one day will be launched...

Isn't Steve Taylor the one who is prejudice, racist,

violent, attacking............?

No. He is often misunderstood. He uses sarcasm & irony to speak the truth. He doesn't sugar coat things that are wrong in the church. Examples of his songs are:

Meltdown at Madame Tussauds. It illustrates that good and bad will all eventually die. If you're not saved, it doesn't matter to God who you are, or what good you have done...you still "go down the same drain" as the murderer.

Baby Doe is about the Baby Doe Brady case.

Colour Code is about racism in the church, and how it's not needed.

My signature is from Jesus is for Losers. It comes forom two different pieces of scripture...
Matthew 10:39
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
and
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Although he does tend to offend the church, all of his songs have a place in scripture that will back his words as truth.

Jesus Is For Losers is a GREAT SONG!!!!! The video is beautiful, too.

No, Violet, Steve Taylor is a wonderful Christian artist. He co-wrote many of the Newsboys best songs, including Shine. And the first time I ever heard the song Meltdown (23 years ago...yikes!!), I said to myself: "That is the most creative thing I ever heard!"

I'm not a big fan of Steve Taylor. He has a few creative songs I've heard... but for the most part I prefer a much more straight forward message in music.

Back