I Am the Most Humble Person You'll Ever Meet

THE ISSUE
The word "pride" and "proud" are mentioned a total of nearly 100 times in the Bible. For the sake of not making this post too long I will tell you what I know of it. Pride makes you feel that others are out to get you, that you can't be critiqued or corrected by others (not to be mistaken with a fool), feeling that you need to be heard first and loudest, mean jokes, arrogant looks, not considering others, speaking down to people, feeling inferior but never letting it be seen, hurt first, never let them do 'that' again, self-preservation, etc., etc. Pride is a natural part of our nature but for some it is the monster that speaks for you.

THE REMEDY
Jesus had more of a reason to be proud than any person who has ever lived. He had it all in Heaven and is literally God! He gave it all up for us and I believe we can all agree that we got the better part of that offer. I didn't create myself and really have nothing to be proud of. I don't want to make posts like this because 'what if they judge me'. It is not easy to be humbled or everyone would be doing it. It isn't easy to be a Christian or there would be no one in Hell. The one who assesses himself often assesses wrong but what I am hearing in the feedback that I am getting is that I have got some issues that need to be addressed and this is a good place to do it.

Thank you to each and every one of you who have said a prayer for me. If we do not know the struggles our brothers and sisters are facing then we never know how to pray for them. Feel free to PM me anytime and I will be glad to offer you any assistance I can or just pray for you. We may be strangers on this forum but we will be well acquainted in Heaven very soon. To those who do not battle the sin of pride I am proud of you. ;)

Romans 12:16 (NASB) "Be of the same mind toward one another;
do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation."

Last edited:
We can learn a lot from Christ's example. I certainly have no place to be filled with pride as several in my life can attest some of which have said loudly and some very silently. God knows how to humble us and how to lift us up when it is good.

I thank God always for his abundant mercy, kindness and love. I thank God also for his righteous judgment. For in God we have great hope, strength and the courage to struggle through the difficult times even those times that god carries us.

cp

I once hated being human I thought I had to be “ an it girl” so people could say how cool I was lol.

People also shame us and that’s a form of pride if we believe it. Who are we to judge others views about us?
Let them have their views I say and carry on in Jesus even they are sinners too. It’s just that they good at hiding it like you say Sam...

I once hated being human I thought I had to be “ an it girl” so people could say how cool I was lol.

People also shame us and that’s a form of pride if we believe it. Who are we to judge others views about us?
Let them have their views I say and carry on in Jesus even they are sinners too. It’s just that they good at hiding it like you say Sam...
The meaner they are the more they are trying to conceal. God can and will break down barriers because He sees right through the façade.

THE ISSUE
The word "pride" and "proud" are mentioned a total of nearly 100 times in the Bible. For the sake of not making this post too long I will tell you what I know of it. Pride makes you feel that others are out to get you, that you can't be critiqued or corrected by others (not to be mistaken with a fool), feeling that you need to be heard first and loudest, mean jokes, arrogant looks, not considering others, speaking down to people, feeling inferior but never letting it be seen, hurt first, never let them do 'that' again, self-preservation, etc., etc. Pride is a natural part of our nature but for some it is the monster that speaks for you.

THE REMEDY
Jesus had more of a reason to be proud than any person who has ever lived. He had it all in Heaven and is literally God! He gave it all up for us and I believe we can all agree that we got the better part of that offer. I didn't create myself and really have nothing to be proud of. I don't want to make posts like this because 'what if they judge me'. It is not easy to be humbled or everyone would be doing it. It isn't easy to be a Christian or there would be no one in Hell. The one who assesses himself often assesses wrong but what I am hearing in the feedback that I am getting is that I have got some issues that need to be addressed and this is a good place to do it.

Thank you to each and every one of you who have said a prayer for me. If we do not know the struggles our brothers and sisters are facing then we never know how to pray for them. Feel free to PM me anytime and I will be glad to offer you any assistance I can or just pray for you. We may be strangers on this forum but we will be well acquainted in Heaven very soon. To those who do not battle the sin of pride I am proud of you. ;)

Romans 12:16 (NASB) "Be of the same mind toward one another;
do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation."

My dear brother in Christ. Although we may not know one another on this forum personally, we are united in like mindedness through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Take time to read Ephesians 4. You will come away with a re-newed way to Live with......
humility, gentleness, patience, bearing with one another in love. There is one body and one Spirit, one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all.”

My dear brother in Christ. Although we may not know one another on this forum personally, we are united in like mindedness through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Take time to read Ephesians 4. You will come away with a re-newed way to Live with......
humility, gentleness, patience, bearing with one another in love. There is one body and one Spirit, one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all.”
Thank you, dear brother. I will go back and read that with a different mind and open to applying it's words.

Back