I can't figure this out

I can't figure this out

I looked on line and I had no luck. One of my roomates is unsure how to do this. And ther other is just a plain.. well selfish. He told me I should know this and if I don't I shouldnt own a computer and he knows how to fix it and he is not going to help because he doesnt want to. He has a massive ego, and I really have NO idea why. Anyways back to the problem.

I reformated my computer and I can access the internet. However I cant access the workgroup to get my stuff I put on my nice roomates shared folder. I set up a small network and it still wont go in. I even turned off my firewall and that doesn't help either.

- I go to my networks
- Then click on view workgroup computers and I see my shared folder. Not my roomates to retrieve my files.

When I click on view workgroup computers. It says this: Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently aviable.

At the moment I am on my laptop. And I can access the network/shared folders fine.

I am so glad. Networking can either be really simply or drive you crazy. In my case it is a short drive.:p

Yea I dislike diagnosing internet related problems. Well, sometimes. I'm in a Networking class in Gr. 12 but we dont' learn anything. We sit around and listen to techno XD

Back