I can't hear God well if at all... I'm questioning if I have his spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this have to do with the op?
I think it is very much have to do with the OP.
I would say Ms. Autumn Oddity can only say if otherwise.

1. I asked you how this fits?
Why because I have no clue what you were trying to say with it.

2. If any member ask you to explain something you really should simply explain your reasoning.

Yes but that post was to me and she used the wrong reply of yours in answering a question I asked you about another reply.
Ok now am confused.

Sorry autumn just want to encourage you to continue seeking the Kingdom of God and everything will be added unto you. And that means opening your Bible up and reading it. If you need help just ask.

Reactions: aha
1. I asked you how this fits?
Why because I have no clue what you were trying to say with it.
Sorry for that reply, yes, it is not an appropriate reply coming from a wrong perspective.

Correct perspective: clarification question can be from the OP (1), Moderator (3) or for any Observer or reader (4)
Wrong perspective: clarification question can only come from the OP (1)

4 parties involve:
  1. AO: the OP
  2. AHA: me,
  3. Moderator
  4. Observer or any reader of this post
2. If any member ask you to explain something you really should simply explain your reasoning.

Reading back, I think line #2 is the same or similar with line#1, thus, I think I answered line#2 thus, in a way answered line#1
(1) What does this have to do with the op?
(2) How are you using this with the op?

Yes but that post was to me and she used the wrong reply of yours in answering a question I asked you about another reply.
As I see it: it is clear tp me:

A = My post
B = FCJ clarification question to my post A
C = Lanolin explanation (which quoted B) answering B itself on its question to A
D = My post mentioning C that I agree with the explanation.

:)

Ok now am confused.

Sorry autumn just want to encourage you to continue seeking the Kingdom of God and everything will be added unto you. And that means opening your Bible up and reading it. If you need help just ask.

sorry as well AO, am a newbie Christian as well, and encouraging others in a way, helps me as well:

ie: my suggestion is also addressed to me as: ie: to keep on reading the Bible...

Although, I for now, read only New Testament and OT Psalms and Proverbs.... and only refer to OT from time to time when it was mentioned in the NT.....

I google and many respected Pastor/Preacher suggested it as well: read or familiarize with New Testament first...

As I see it: it is clear tp me:

A = My post
B = FCJ clarification question to my post A
C = Lanolin explanation (which quoted B) answering B itself on its question to A
D = My post mentioning C that I agree with the explanation.

:)

Actually you totally ignored what I asked you and which post.

I asked you how the following goes with the op...I asked how you were using it and you still have not explained. ..

Just an added thought:

Our Lord, Jesus himself when tested: quoted “it is written”… that is: Jesus himself use what he read on the written Word of God: as it is written…

That is the 1st temptation…

and it will be worthwhile to note that the enemy got back to Jesus with “for it is written” as well (2nd Temptation)... and Jesus made a correct interpretation "it is also written"

and on the 3rd temptation : Jesus does quoted again “For it is written"

Matthew 4:1-11 New International Version (NIV)Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness
4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”
7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Again how do you see the above as helping some one to HEAR?

Autumn its ok to ask for clarification.
Aha same for you.

Asking questions is not wrong. GOd wants us to ask Him and check. For confirmation, and we can always go to the Bible to confirm what He says. Cos its written down.

I have a friend who is hearing impaired right. Actually I might be a bit myself, I had a hearing test and apparently I cannot hear certain frequencies. If a noise is too loud, I dont hear it. But funny I can hear when things are quiet.

My hesring imparied friend reads a lot of books, and when he watchs tv he puts the subtitles and captions in. This is so he can hear what is being said. The reason why I find books helpful, is what is spoken is written down, so i can read it silently even without anyone physically saying a word. And this is why God has spoken to the prophets and He got them to write it down. This is why we have the Bible, the oracles of God written to us in scripture, which is now translated into every language in the whole world.

I dont know if you experienced this, going to say a loud concert and you just cannot hear anything. With God its more..the more quiet it is, the better you can hear Him. So...turn the tv off, turn the radio off, go somewhere where theres nobody babbling on and there are no distractions. Open your Bible up and read. This is how you can hear from God.

Actually you totally ignored what I asked you and which post.

I asked you how the following goes with the op...I asked how you were using it and you still have not explained. ..

Again how do you see the above as helping some one to HEAR?
FCJ sorry for jumping in but I can see what aha is saying and just trying to explain it to you. He did explain but you kind of didnt get it am just acting as an interpreter. Sometimes we arent always able to explain ourselves because we dont have the words. Its like having vocabulary. The more words we know, the better we are able to explain ourselves.

Its like speaking a language, if we only know two words in chinese, for example, how can we talk to others in chinese or properly hear them? The same with the Bible. If we only know a few verses, how can we effectively talk with God? HE wants us to read more of his word so we can understand Him better and hear from Him!

FCJ sorry for jumping in but I can see what aha is saying and just trying to explain it to you. He did explain but you kind of didnt get it am just acting as an interpreter.
Talking about using God's word against the enemy helps us to hear how?
I simply asked how he was using these scriptures. Another words how he views them.
The both of you have replied with everything but those scriptures.

Talking about using God's word against the enemy helps us to hear how?
I simply asked how he was using these scriptures. Another words how he views them.
The both of you have replied with everything but those scriptures.
? You dont get it.
JEsus read the Bible. We must read the Bible too. That is how we can hear from God.
Aha was just giving evidence that Jesus read the Bible because he was always quoting from it. And he said "it is written' so there can be no doubt what God is saying. If you are not hearing correctly, God has it written down for you so you can memorise it. So when other people say stuff, you can always check is it in the Bible? if its not, then you don thave to listen to it.

How are you hearing from me? Because I am WRITING what I think down in this post. I am actually not saying anything out loud.

You dont get it.
JEsus read the Bible. We must read the Bible too
Jesus spoke of God's Word.
Jesus spoke from the old testament scrolls.
Jesus spoke under the old covenant and added things which were to come.

Aha was just giving evidence that Jesus read the Bible because he was always quoting from it. And he said "it is written' so there can be no doubt what God is saying.
Thank you for your thoughts

Now please let aha speak for himself concerning the scriptures he posted and his view or thoughts when he posted them.

Thank You

Satan was a bit deaf. Think back to when the serpent was in the garden trying to tempt eve. he kept asking her 'Did God say?' Well if Eve just repeated what she had heard, but if she had said 'it is written' and God had wrote it down for her, then the serpent couldnt argue with that and would have left her alone.

As an example. The thing is scripture is scripture you cannot break it. What God says is written down in scripture.

Aha was just giving evidence that Jesus read the Bible because he was always quoting from it.
Actually those scriptures were written to be examples on how we are to combat the devil's trickery.

They were recorded so we could grasp that we must use God's Word against the enemy.
Blessings

Jesus spoke of God's Word.
Jesus spoke from the old testament scrolls.
Jesus spoke under the old covenant and added things which were to come.

Thank you for your thoughts

Now please let aha speak for himself concerning the scriptures he posted and his view or thoughts when he posted them.

Thank You
Ok sorry you can always PM him to clarify I was just posting for everyones edification,

Actually those scriptures were written to be examples on how we are to combat the devil's trickery.

They were recorded so we could grasp that we must use God's Word against the enemy.
Blessings
That is just your one view FCJ it is not how everyone sees it. We want to encourage autumn in this thread not argue about scripture.

Satan was a bit deaf. Think back to when the serpent was in the garden trying to tempt eve. he kept asking her 'Did God say?' Well if Eve just repeated what she had heard, but if she had said 'it is written' and God had wrote it down for her, then the serpent couldnt argue with that and would have left her alone.

No ! satan was not deaf lanolin. he was twisting what God had said and playing head games with eve. Silver tongue head games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back