I cried out- a repost

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

I cried out- a repost

Psalm 77
Psa 77:1 <To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of Asaph.> I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.
Psa 77:2 In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.
Psa 77:3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.
Psa 77:4 Thou holdest mine eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.

God had moved on David's behalf many times but now everything seemed so hopeless, why? David was now dwelling on his troubles and refused to be comforted. Oh poor me- nobody loves me, who will help me?

Psa 77:5 I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.
Psa 77:6 I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.
Psa 77:7 Will the Lord cast off for ever? and will he be favourable no more?
Psa 77:8 Is his mercy clean gone for ever? doth
his promise fail for evermore?
Psa 77:9 Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah.

In the midst of his pity party Davis began to recall how faithful His God was , his focus and attitude began to change.

Psa 77:10 And I said, This is my infirmity: butIwillremember the years of the right hand of the most High.
Psa 77:11 I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.
Psa 77:12 I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.
You have never failed me Lord, You are awesome in power and Your love always surrounds me- David has brought his focus back were it belongs. His faith is no stronger in God than it is in his circumstances and his whole countenance and outlook has been transformed.

Psa 77:13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?
Psa 77:14 Thou
art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people.
Psa 77:15 Thou hast with
thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.

All his thoughts are now centered firmly on God now. Thy way is in the sanctuary, the place were my sin is covered, the place were worship in made, the place where we can meet having the barriers between us brought down. Thou art a God that does wonders- You have by Your strength redeemed your people-
As you can see David's who situation is now completely different and he is ina place of great faith and expectancy and God' s hand is sure to move .
SELAH-

Back