I don't care as long as it get me Closer to God

I don't care as long as it get me Closer to God

Jeremiah 20

The Word of God to Pashhur

{1 Now Pashhur the son of Immer, the priest who was also chief governor in the house of the LORD, heard that Jeremiah prophesied these things. 2 Then Pashhur struckJeremiah the prophet, and put him in the stocks that were in the high gate of Benjamin, which was by the house of the LORD.
3 And it happened on the next day that Pashhur brought Jeremiah out of the stocks. Then Jeremiah said to him, “The LORD has not called your name Pashhur, but Magor-Missabib.[a] 4 For thus says the LORD: ‘Behold, I will make you a terror to yourself and to all your friends; and they shall fall by the sword of their enemies, and your eyes shall see it. I will give all Judah into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall carry them captive to Babylon and slay them with the sword}

STUDYING THE VERSES ABOVE{especial vs 2,3,4}

Firstly Studying Jeremiah 19, you will see that Prophet Jeremiah prophesied things which were hard pill to swallow, this cause Pashur to struck Jeremiah{vs 1 & 2}. The thing that caught my attention was the green bolded part in vs 2.

Firstly the bible tell us that the tribe of Benjamin and Judah almost occupied the same land, Benjamin dwelled in Judah{Joshua 18 : 11, Now the lot of the tribe of the children of Benjamin came up according to their families, and the territory of their lot came out between the children of Judah and the children of Joseph}, This is intresting since if you study prophecies of Jacob about his sons{Gen 49} and Moses about tribes of Israel{Deut 33}, especially studying about Judah and Benjamin..... My emphacies is on Benjamin....

Benjamin is/was the Last born of Jacob and Rachel, Rachel died when She bore him

{Genesis 35:16 -19 {They the journed from bethel And when there was but a little distance to go to Ephrath, Rachel labored in childbirth, and she had hard labor. 17 Now it came to pass, when she was in hard labor, that the midwife said to her, “Do not fear; you will have this son also.†18 And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni;[c] but his father called him Benjamin. 19 So Rachel died and was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem).}

Benjamin according to NKJV, translators they say it means Son of The Right Hand, Moses said this about Benjamin.

Deut 33: 12 Of Benjamin he said:

“
The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by Him,
Who shelters him all the day long;
And he shall dwell between His shoulders.
â€

So looking at all these scriptures, I am reminded that Jesus Christ after all He did for us{purging my sins}, He ascended to heaven now sit at the Right Hand of God {Heb 1:3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself[a] purged our[b] sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,}
Then the bible says again {Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,}

And I believe that we are God childrens, when saved through Christ Jesus, and believe we the sons and daughters of the Right hand Benjaminites in spiritual sense, cause we sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus(Eph 2:6), who is at the right hand of God. As Deut 33:12 states we shall dwell safety in the LORD and dwell between his shoulders............

Now what the Enemy devil, dont realize is that every time he try to struck us, with every sorrow we go through in our life, is that in those sorrow we get closer to God{Jer 20 vs 2}, where we get comfort and strenght because God is our Refuge and Strength, when we come from that we become a terror to him, through Christ who Rebukes and Destroy every work of evil Jer 20 vs 3-4 {And it happened on the next day that Pashhur brought Jeremiah out of the stocks. Then Jeremiah said to him, “The LORD has not called your name Pashhur, but Magor-Missabib.[a] 4 For thus says the LORD: ‘Behold, I will make you a terror to yourself and to all your friends;}

So my Fellow saints, what ever he(devil) may try to bring, he may struck you..But I tell you, he is a fool by those sorrow we get closer to God, by his act he put us near to the LORD house, may I tell you

{Psalm 84:10
For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness
}

If the sorrows will get me closer to Him, I'll endure, be a doorkeeper in thy house, because its better than to do wickedness, If I suffer because of Him, I endure because I get closer to Him, I know Him more, To be His presence Is all I desire..devil is a fool, what ever he may bring I will call upon my LORD name, I will seek Him...I shall be a terror to a devil through Christ Jesus......Brethen, whatever you Going through, you are at the high gate of Benjamin near God house, why cry? How can you cry when you in the presence of God, where there is fullness of Joy, you in the fullness of Peace, you in LOVE which cast away fear.......NO MATTER what he brings It will bring us near to our God grace.........In time of trouble pray and fellowship with God, Worship God, Praise God..Give thanksgiving to Him, because He is great,the devil wont even understand...Sickness sing more, money problem Praise More, Problem in Work Worship More....What a joy to be in the Presence of God.......I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST, THANK YOU FATHER GOD FOR THIS WONDERFUL GIFT OF SALVATION..You are YHWH Jireh because You provided me the greatest Gift Ever SALVATION...I LOVE YOU very MUCH...Nothing will keep us away from You

Amen

NB Sorry for the long post Guys:D

Ngiyabonga Nathi:D, thank you for the post. I read your profile, it says you're from South Africa hence the Zulu words for "Thank You". I'm also from Mzansi. :amen:

I was listening to the radio and they were playing a song that went like this- "if that's what it takes to praise You, Jesus bring the rain"- rain or shine ,good or bad- praise God always- or as Job put it "tho He slay me yet I will trust Him"- thanks for the word Nathi :D

Back