I don't know ?

I don't know ?

Hey guys.
Im kinda stuck.

When I pray it seems like It doesnt mean anything.
When I say something to God its like I don't mean it.
I can't get emotional with God.
When Everyone has gone out and Im home alone, I try and pray outloud and the first few words are loud, then I get a bad feeling or something and begin murmering / wispering my prayer.
I don't think my relationship with God is what it should be.
I am so self consious, shy & quiet that I think im never going to be able to speak freely.
I don't think my faith is as strong as it should be.

And I always hear & read about all these great experiences with God, things God has done for the person, How He's helped them, guided them, healed them ect...and I've got nothing.

Help, this is bad :crying_anim:

YHVH is All Powerful and Holy, but He is also our Father, Friend and the one we can turn to when everyone is against us. I have had moments when I would sit there trying to think of something to say and i would also get a wordly feeling and all that brought was anger and frustration. I would then get down on my face and just have a conversation with my one true friend and Savior, it may turn into a flood of tears for a few minutes, but then a fantastic peace and a close bond would fill my heart.
I guess what I am trying to say is just open up to Him all that you are going through even though He knows already, but He expects us to come to Him. My prayers are with you B2LY.

Hey guys.
Im kinda stuck.

When I pray it seems like It doesnt mean anything.
When I say something to God its like I don't mean it.
I can't get emotional with God.
When Everyone has gone out and Im home alone, I try and pray outloud and the first few words are loud, then I get a bad feeling or something and begin murmering / wispering my prayer.
I don't think my relationship with God is what it should be.
I am so self consious, shy & quiet that I think im never going to be able to speak freely.
I don't think my faith is as strong as it should be.

And I always hear & read about all these great experiences with God, things God has done for the person, How He's helped them, guided them, healed them ect...and I've got nothing.

Help, this is bad :crying_anim:

Dear Born2LoveYou,

May God be with you!

Persevere! Feelings are fleeting. They are nice and can really help us in our faith. However, when we persevere in spite of our feelings, we are showing True Love for our Lord. That is the ultimate gift you can give Him.

So persevere!

God bless you!

Amen CWM, we walk by faith and not by sight. I will not even entertain the notion of God not hearing my prayer- I walk it by faith. If I don't feel able or worthy that is ok because it is only in Him that I am worthy and able- trust Jesus!

And I always hear & read about all these great experiences with God, things God has done for the person, How He's helped them, guided them, healed them ect...

Most of the people I know that have had great experiences with God, only had those experiences through great pain and testing.
Talk to God as a friend and trust him as the faithful Father he is.

First Of all

you can not compare yourself to other people you are uniquely made. are you full of the Holy Ghost. We go through seasons of quiet times maybe this is a time you need to be still and know He is God. Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
You don't have to do anything but to worship and praise God. Look at King David he was the apple of God's eye why 2 reasons he worshiped God and He ran to God when he messed up. we are all give a measure of Faith Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Ephesians 4:7-12

7But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
some thing to think about

You sound like me sort of...

I think you might be afraid that while you're praying that someone will walk into the room while you pray, and think you look stupid doing it. I think you'll think that they'll mock you for it, or that maybe you're not doing it right.

:p

I think... that maybe instead of praying the traditional way... just talk to God instead.

Like you would any other person... just find yourself a quiet place... and just talk to God. My mom says He loves it when we talk to Him. It doesn't have to be a prayer.

Just talking to Him, not only makes Him more real to you but it'll make it loads easier to pray... at least it did for me. :p

I myself have to get into better praying habits... as well as thanking God all day every day for everything I have, and don't have.

Just... thanking Him.... and talking to Him..... I mean, He is a person. We should treat Him as such. He's not just a prayer object... and... I'm going off on a tangent. Heh... so yeah, anyway.

I hope you'll take my advice.

He is everywhere, and He knows your heart. There is no specific blueprint for how a prayer should be executed. As long as your heart is in the right place. XD

B2LY,
sometimes I just sit thinking about God.
I may be so upset or emotionally drained I just ask him to hold me in His arms and I close my eyes and imagine AND BELIEVE that he is~
Sometimes all I can say to Him is,
"I love you"

Back