I feel ridiculous for asking this question

God is love- stick with love !:)

Farout Dude!;) God IS love, man! Be-in or cut-out. Jesus is a happening Dude. He's primo, out-a-sight, nifty, and groovy.:) Jesus is like boss, rightous, he has a positive energy about Him, He will blow your mind, man! Can you dig it? Jesus is bad, he is copasetic, He is a funky dude that is hep! Right-on, right-on! :DThis chick is a Jesus Freak!:jesus-sign: Tune-in, re-up and don't sweat it!

60's Slang

I was singing at the toilet at work today, I was singing about Love
" Love covers all sins, cast away fear, does not seek its own etc" as 1Cor 13 puts it, then I ended with a prase "God is Love" then one of my colleque came in and ask " Hey man, you singing" and I said " Yah, I am singing about Love" and He asked " Are you in Love?" and I responded and Said "Yep, I am In Love with JESUS" :):Dand He said "ok", and I left him there

Truly, I am in Love guys:D:D

Wow- awesme thought

Coram Deo which means "before the face of God", that is to say, we live out our entire lives before the face of God...

All I cay say is wow.. and how true! We do live out our entire lives before the face of God.. and man! I just think of it.. if I and so many would just think of those two words before doing all things that are wrong.. ( ya know those sin things).. and stop and think about it.. take a moment and think about the last thing that maybe just was not quite right.. if you had taken the moment to say Coram Deo... you would have a quite a quick reminder that God was right there.. hmmm now with this thought.. does it make any of you say.. ummm.. don't think I would have done it.. hmmmm..

Faithwoman:)

My question is-HOW DO I DO IT! How do I love God! I want to so bad, more than anything! But I don't understand why the Bible tells us to just love God more than anything else, just like that. Like I can turn love on and off. I don't even know HOW to love God. I know how to love my mom. I see her every day. She gives the best hugs. She is tangible. She's my MOM. I don't, as much as I'd love to, know how to love God. I am at a loss right now. I accepted Him, yes. But this love did not come automatically to me.

Somebody, please explain this to me. And tell me how you came to love the Lord, because I sure can use some answers here. Thanks =]

If we desire to love God with our whole heart, soul, mind and strength (our whole being), then we will do the The Word God gave us to do according to the Church Epistles, which are specifically written to every born-again Christian.

In His Love,
Agape :)

Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' (Mathew 25:34-36)

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' (Mathew 25:40)

From what I gather, a good way of showing love to God is showing love to those in need. Good luck.

Wow, thank you all for your answers!!!!

I guess it does come down to faith. I mean I would love any person if they saved my life, why wouldn't I love Jesus for saving my life?

I'm going to be reading the Bible like crazy.

Thanks everyone.

PS-AmericanAngel you're not an idiot!!:rolleyes:

Always remember this principle:

Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this
is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I was singing at the toilet at work today, I was singing about Love
" Love covers all sins, cast away fear, does not seek its own etc" as 1Cor 13 puts it, then I ended with a prase "God is Love" then one of my colleque came in and ask " Hey man, you singing" and I said " Yah, I am singing about Love" and He asked " Are you in Love?" and I responded and Said "Yep, I am In Love with JESUS" :):Dand He said "ok", and I left him there

Truly, I am in Love guys:D:D

I do that, too!:eek:

One time I came out and this guy waiting was looking at me like he was afraid of me. Like only a loonie would do that. I grinned.

God hears us no matter where we sing out praises to Him. I think the part of the guy that was afraid of me was the evil part - it trembles away from His glory.:D

I do it all the time and just about everywhere I go- it is just to hard to contain the love of God in my heart. After all He did say we were peculiar people!!!

I do it all the time and just about everywhere I go- it is just to hard to contain the love of God in my heart. After all He did say we were peculiar people!!!

I'm *twitch* not that *twitch-jerk* peculiar *twitch-twitch*.

Now where's *twitch* this mosh pit?

He chose me

I love God so much because He chose me knowing all the things I would do. With all of the horrible things that I have done in my life He still chose me as one of His own and loves me and wants a relationship with me and has forgiven me for my transgressions. Love truly does cover a multitude of sins. I was thinking about how God must have felt when I got off track (was backslidden) and went days without communicating with Him. Pretty much, no flat out ignored Him. He told me it was sort of like when I show my kids love and attention and kiss them and talk to them all the time, What if they pretended I was not there, refusing to even make eye contact. Then He asked how I would feel. I answered horrible and was moved to tears. I felt terrible for ignoring Him, because He loves me so much. I can understand His love better now that I am a daddy. He is our Daddy and He loves us dearly.

Saturday night, I was reading the Bible. One of the gospels, don't remember which. One of the verses I specifically remember reading was, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Sunday morning, on my way "home" (I didn't actually go home, you'll see) I was listening to a song on my CD. One of the song's major focuses was "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul with all your mind, and with all your strength."

For SOME reason, I can't even tell you why, I out of the blue decided to go to a church I've never been to, instead of going home right away. I NEVER go to places I've never been by myself, and this wasn't even something I'd been contemplating. It just was random, and I went. I got there, turns out I was just in time! (I had let the sun wake me up, and that occurred at 9:30. The service was at 10:30)

The sermon paper they handed me, on the back was "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul with all your mind, and with all your strength". Then, I realized the entire sermon was about loving God.

I was blown away!!!

Obviously, God's trying to tell me something.

My question is-HOW DO I DO IT! How do I love God! I want to so bad, more than anything! But I don't understand why the Bible tells us to just love God more than anything else, just like that. Like I can turn love on and off. I don't even know HOW to love God. I know how to love my mom. I see her every day. She gives the best hugs. She is tangible. She's my MOM. I don't, as much as I'd love to, know how to love God. I am at a loss right now. I accepted Him, yes. But this love did not come automatically to me.

Somebody, please explain this to me. And tell me how you came to love the Lord, because I sure can use some answers here.

Thanks =]

Your experience has happened to me as well and solidifies the thought that GOD is REAL... When these things happened its called God-incidence...:)

Only the Holy Spirit can actually do all that is needed, for you to Love ABBA more than anyone or anything else...:D IT may be microwave quick, or Crockpot slow but it will happened...:D

ASK and you will recieve:D You just have to have a willing, surrendered heart...

I don't know how i started loving God... I guess at first i said YES to him and as I began to trust and get to know Him, and became evident of the blessings He was giving me, I fell in love.. and now i can easily say i love God with all my heart!! He fills me in a way I didnt know possible =) which is an awesome feeling! Sometimes when im driving home from work, I have my Christian stuff on, and im praising and worshipping God as I drive.. I must look so funny to anyone else driving past, seeing a girl driving with one hand the raised to God singin her heart out!! Haha :p not that i practise unsafe driving techniques :D
and it brings me comfort to know he's with me even when hes being a bit silent, iknow hes there.

Sometimes when im driving home from work, I have my Christian stuff on, and im praising and worshipping God as I drive.. I must look so funny to anyone else driving past, seeing a girl driving with one hand the raised to God singin her heart out!! Haha :p not that i practise unsafe driving techniques :D
and it brings me comfort to know he's with me even when hes being a bit silent, iknow hes there.

lol!! I do the same thing! The same EXACT thing and the people behind me are probably wondering what is going on. lolll

Hi, Cuke!
I think about the planned marriages that cultures believe in and practice. Most of the time, love has nothing to do with it. But, as the two of them get to know eachother and learn to trust, they sometimes "fall in love." I think that is how it is for me. I had to get to know Heavenly Father better before I could fall in love with Him. You can not be expected to love Him with all your heart if you don't know Him good enough yet.

The more you learn about Him and get to know Him, the easier it will be to say, "Wow, I really do love you!" Just give yourself time and study Him. Bonnie

Yea when you're not really walking you feel like "Why should I worship him?" "Why do I love him again?" Because you're not all that sure who he is or if he is.

But it's so obvious, natural, and true once he shows you why.

Brilliant advice! :D
Wow, God is working in your life right now. Keep reading the Bible, praying and having fellowship!
God will eventually walk you through tough times in your life and this will really strengthen your faith and make you realise you can count on him!
Love and God bless:)

Back