I find it funny...

I find it funny...

You're statement is kind of vague... So my comment will be also... The church I attend is a Bible based church... And I'm VERY happy that our Pastor doesn't ask us to chain ourselves to a tree or to support Green Peace... I don't want a Pastor with an agenda... I prefer that he has his nose in the Bible and his eyes fixed on Jesus Christ... I will say that we are in touch with our community by way of our food pantry, which has been and still is blessed, to help feed those in need... If I want to know what's going on in the world I tune into Fox news... May the love and joy of our Lord Jesus Christ rest firmly on all my brothers and sisters that are here!!!

"It's their world I'm just passing thru"

I don't know actually, we (the Church) are tempted with the same things, we all go through the same things, we ask the same questions, we feel the daily stress/pressures of the world. If anything I believe the 'Church' has a insight that the world does not have.

But I really don't know where you are going with this because you did not offer an example. So I'm just using generalizing this

Hmm .... That's a pretty general statement and could be translated in so many different ways .

Why do you think the church is out of touch ? Who is the church ?

We are the church ... the people of God .

We do not conform to the things of this world because what the world thinks is not the way we think . This world will pass away but we the church will be victorious.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

maybe

the common beliefs of the church (not all churches) today are extremely skewed. i find it quite sad that people today see Christianity as a license to sin. I'm (as are many) blessed to see through these lies that most churches put out these days. lots of the churches these days have severe flaws in their core, doctrinal preaching/beliefs and are responsible for allowing sinners of their to go to hell. my church's pastor is resigning from his position to help many churches that are suffering from this today. i do find it comforting that there are churches out there that see this. satan has wormed his way into the church and the church's doctrines, skewing them. pray that you and your church are not of this view point. look into the key points of your church's doctrines to make sure that it's biblical.

Sadly the church tends to look to much like the world in many instances. But I think that God is working on His church also and the true church is rising up to the challenge.

What should the bride of Christ look like?

Should it look like a bride, pure and holy or should it look like the world, a filthy prostitute who is filled with every kind of evil?

Sadly the church tends to look to much like the world in many instances. But I think that God is working on His church also and the true church is rising up to the challenge.

I agree much of the church is more like the world than it used to be. But I think you're righ, He is calling them to come back to Him. And this sleeping giant will soon awaken!

Back