I Got a Feeling

How do 'our feelings' save us? Isn't that adding to Christ's redemptive work for us? How many or what kind of feelings must we add to know we are saved?

Yes, crossnote, that is correct in adding to Christ's redemptive work for us. My feelings are profound and an indicator of our redemption. It's my feeling of the long, hard road of struggling with God and myself.

Bob, I'm still not clear. How do our feelings add to the redemptive work of Christ?

Hey, crossnote;

I'll try to make it clearer. When I think of Jesus' redemptive work and propitiation it reminds of me of the darkness prior in my life and the inability to claim righteousness.

My personal devastations, convictions, chastisement fill me because my sin. These bring about the feeling within my heart. It's heavy and very personal between God and me.

However, by Jesus' redemptive work produces an uplift and release because I know I'm forgiven, reassured and saved. This produces a feeling of thanksgiving, gratefulness, relief and as I press on for Christ, a joy.

I'm a strong believer that I may not physically see Christ but I can feel Him.

These are the feelings that are mine in my walk. They're real.

Does this help, crossnote?

Hey, crossnote;

I'll try to make it clearer. When I think of Jesus' redemptive work and propitiation it reminds of me of the darkness prior in my life and the inability to claim righteousness.

My personal devastations, convictions, chastisement fill me because my sin. These bring about the feeling within my heart. It's heavy and very personal between God and me.

However, by Jesus' redemptive work produces an uplift and release because I know I'm forgiven, reassured and saved. This produces a feeling of thanksgiving, gratefulness, relief and as I press on for Christ, a joy.

I never thought of it like that.

Hey, crossnote;

I understand this, but what you seemed to describe is a product of Christ's redemption (the feelings), yet I don't see the feelings contributing to Christ's redemption.

Hello crossnote;

Please elaborate? I'm interested in knowing your thoughts.

God bless you and thank
you, brother.
'''''
  1. Are we saved by our 'feeling saved' or by the Blood Sacrifice?
  2. Are our feelings an indicator of our redemption?
  3. Are they a good gauge for our level of righteousness?
  4. What if we just don't 'feel' Christian today?
Bob I guess it is my turn to explain.

I chose 'Blood Sacrifice because ...

Hebrews 9:22 (KJV) And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. (of sin)

On #2 & #3, I chose 'no' because...

Jeremiah 17:9 (KJV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

For #4, I was making the point that our feelings are secondary to the facts revealed in God's Word.
Our walk takes God's Word and holds to it despite our feelings, reason, observation, intuition etc.

Yes, crossnote
I woke up thinking about feelings. I would like your take on the following:

I understand this, but what you seemed to describe is a product of Christ's redemption (the feelings), yet I don't see the feelings contributing to Christ's redemption.

Yes, crossnote, and I feel you and I arrived at an understanding, which takes us back to the original discussion, the author wanted to get our take on the following 4 questions in our fellowship.

I also wanted to fellowship with you and initiated my request earlier for you to elaborate and understand your thoughts. Thanks, crossnote - Bob
1. Blood Sacrifice
2. No
3. No
4. 2 Corinthians 5:7 (KJV) (For we walk by faith, not by sight... (or feelings)

Yes, crossnote

Yes, crossnote, and I feel you and I arrived at an understanding, which takes us back to the original discussion, the author wanted to get our take on the following 4 questions in our fellowship.

I also wanted to fellowship with you and initiated my request earlier for you to elaborate and understand your thoughts. Thanks, crossnote - Bob
yes, see #26

'''''

Bob I guess it is my turn to explain.

I chose 'Blood Sacrifice because ...

Hebrews 9:22 (KJV) And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. (of sin)

On #2 & #3, I chose 'no' because...

Jeremiah 17:9 (KJV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

For #4, I was making the point that our feelings are secondary to the facts revealed in God's Word.
Our walk takes God's Word and holds to it despite our feelings, reason, observation, intuition etc.

Hey crossnote;

Thank you for sharing, especially #4. When my walk takes on God's Word, it is by faith and not by feelings, emotions, gut,

We both present this topic in two ways, but I feel both are beneficial for learning and growing in our fellowship.

Hello Sam;

This was a good topic and after reading the different posts do you have any further thoughts regarding your 4 questions?

God bless you and your family.

Hello Sam;

This was a good topic and after reading the different posts do you have any further thoughts regarding your 4 questions?

God bless you and your family.
I appreciate your input, Bob and crossnote. I appreciate both of your postings. I think it is necessary to distinguish what is true that evokes a feeling in our spirit and what is emotion that evokes a response. One is based on truth and one is based on instinct and the two can get crossed if we aren't cautious.

I appreciate your input, Bob and crossnote. I appreciate both of your postings. I think it is necessary to distinguish what is true that evokes a feeling in our spirit and what is emotion that evokes a response. One is based on truth and one is based on instinct and the two can get crossed if we aren't cautious.

Well said, Sam. Lets see what else you wrote out there. lol!

BšŸ˜ŽB!

You say you are not an emotionally driven Christian. You might find that helpful, we all have those stages of feelings in life. Depression, Sadness, High anxiety, happiness, grief, anger, hatred. All of these emotions are all valid and one can not just say we do not experience them because as human beings you do.

These are all fleshly emotions and they are a factor of our life on this planet.
Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Personally believe it is best to react on truth, and the truth is we are to have faith in God and to Love him first, and then we can love others having forgiveness, mercy, kindness, gentleness, joy, peace towards others, but do not know how this all works for other individuals.

Can you explains more about what are some of the emotions and feelings you have trouble with?

For me all it is only possible to work with what am given at any time sometimes there is down time, some time there is up time where going about my day and just do what is done hoping and trusting in God and the Lord Jesus Christ having peace, joy, and thankfulness in my heart and towards others as the day goes on. (while not paying much mind to the world itself) (Still however not perfect and do suffer from the emotional toll that comes and goes as said before the temporary emotions)
This.

And just to add, I find the emptiness unbearable at times.
sitting with this ā€œfeelingā€ I just tend to watch it and give it to God.
itā€™s a feeling, not an emotion, and the belief is there that says this life is bad right now. I have to keep reminding myself that thatā€™s how this life is underneath all the glitzy surface, a result of the fall.

What do you mean by the emptiness, Via?

You saying that reminds me of a movie called Neverending story, and in that story there was darkness eating the fantasy universe. The people referenced it as the Nothing.

You are right when you mention about this world and the result of it is because of God and his decision to give us free will. We all have the individual choice to make a mess of our lives, and live in darkness until you realize that there is just a void in our heart that needs to be filled, and it has seem to be in my own life that God, and His Son Jesus Christ was the only one to only ever fill this void that once was so strong.

Those times of wandering if this is all really worth it going forward and trusting God does come to mind sometimes and however believe that at the end of life it will be worth chasing after God and trusting Him, and His Son Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.

This morning, waking up and reminding myself of God and his truth, saved me from the emotions of being angry, and frustrated. For me Via, have problems with anger, being rebellious, depression, and high anxiety.

1. By the Blood!
2. No.
3. No.
4. Then you are a human being!

Back