I got baptised by the holy spirit

I've always wondered about getting Baptized. My dad has been wanting me to do it for a long time now. I just don't understand why it is done. I still don't understand it in the Book of Matthew when Jesus got baptized by John; why wasn't it the other way around?

I just can't get baptized until I fully know and understand why it's needed.
Hey! I'm taking a New Testament class adn we went over this. And I thought about you :)

There are 5 possible reasons why Jesus was baptized. We can only guess on this aand I'm sure there's more possible reasons than 5 of them :)
i. He identified Himself with the sins of His people
ii. Jesus validated John’s ministry publicly
iii. Jesus marked the official beginning of His public ministry
iv. Jesus aligned Himself with the tenderhearted masses who were also baptized, rather than the hardheartedness of the Pharisees and Sadducees who refused to be baptized.
v. Jesus illustrated His death, burial and resurrection since water baptism symbolizes a person’s dying to his old life and rising to a new life in Christ.

Hey! I'm taking a New Testament class adn we went over this. And I thought about you :)

There are 5 possible reasons why Jesus was baptized. We can only guess on this aand I'm sure there's more possible reasons than 5 of them :)
i. He identified Himself with the sins of His people
ii. Jesus validated John’s ministry publicly
iii. Jesus marked the official beginning of His public ministry
iv. Jesus aligned Himself with the tenderhearted masses who were also baptized, rather than the hardheartedness of the Pharisees and Sadducees who refused to be baptized.
v. Jesus illustrated His death, burial and resurrection since water baptism symbolizes a person’s dying to his old life and rising to a new life in Christ.
Awww thanks! This makes sense even though it's just a guess. My next question is when is the right time to get baptized? I'm still very young in reading about the His Word.

My next question is when is the right time to get baptized? I'm still very young in reading about the His Word.
In the Bible, people were baptized as soon as they believed. The "right time" is as soon as you feel confident that this is what God wants you to do.

blessings,

Lynn

Awww thanks! This makes sense even though it's just a guess. My next question is when is the right time to get baptized? I'm still very young in reading about the His Word.

No matter how long we have known the Lord we are always learning from His Word, so you don't need to wait until you reach a certain point.

When you turn away from sin and receive the Lord Jesus into your life, He changes your heart and you are saved. And water baptism is just symbolic of what you did. Just as He died, was buried and rose again from the grave, we go down into the water, as if we are dying to our old life and we rise up being a new person because of what Jesus did for us. Thats what he meant when he said we must be born again, now we are a new creature in Christ.

I've always wondered about getting Baptized. My dad has been wanting me to do it for a long time now. I just don't understand why it is done. I still don't understand it in the Book of Matthew when Jesus got baptized by John; why wasn't it the other way around?

I just can't get baptized until I fully know and understand why it's needed.

Hi, Cristine! Your question about baptism is a very common one, so take comfort in the fact that you are not alone. What I have been taught concerning this is that baptism is symbolic. It represents your death to self, and your new life in Christ. It is not a necessity to salvation, but it is a witness to others of your salvation. The reason Christ was baptised was as an example for us of what we should do. It must have been a very humbling experience for John the Baptist to have Jesus ask him to baptize Him! John knew, more than anyone else there, who Jesus is and that this was God asking him to baptize Him! Amazing.

Hi, Chili! I am not of a denomination that teaches about spirit baptism, and though I have heard of being "slain" in the spirit, (as in past tense of "slay"), I have not heard of "slained". Is this the same thing or something different?

a priest baptised me. He placed his hand on me....Hes hand became hot

i was normal when he baptised me then after a few minutes, my chest part was really hot

I then drank lots of cold water and took the electric fan towards me...

the heat was still there lol ......it was on heat for a few hours.

it was a cool experience. I then prayed right after :)

i didnt believe it when i see people getting baptised on the tv

but now i believe!!! :D

There is only ONE baptism for the Body of Christ and it isn't water or a feeling, but an identification and sealing BY the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ that happens immediately when you believe the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

I was baptised in the Holy Spirit aug 31 1998.
I was in my house and not another human present.I was praying to be forgiven of my sins as I had in days preceding this.I had fasted the day before.I remember at the very moment that forgave my (litteral)brother of his depts ,I was overwhelmed by the Spirit.I was coverd in huge goose bumps from head to toe.I spent the rest of the day glorifying God and thanking him for forgiving me.

Baptism means to be washed.Like Jesus washing Peters feet so I had been washed .
Like the gentiles that had recieved the holy spirit in Acts."What God has cleansed ,call thou not common"
That was the day I was washed clean.

So is being cleansed by the Holy Spirit followed by prayer and an overwhelming feeling?

The feeling is how I knew I had recieved it.
Many times since that day I get filled with the holy spirit and the same feeling is there.
And them goose bumps seem to show up as well.

Like I said though.It didnt happen to me till after I had forgiven my brother.
From what Ive read in the scriptures,recieving the holy spirit comes after believing the gospel.

We would probable all agree that being filled with the Holy Spirit means that you can say ''Yes I know that I know that I am filled with the living Christ in & through the Holy Spirit''
Now we know we are Free from in grasp of Satan & greater is He who is in me than anything of or from the world. :D :) ;)

I have an inkling that those first steps in giving your all (Trust/faith) into the very capable hands of God; can lead to the other gifts being given, that complete the package you accepted when you first said ''I believe'' verbally or in the mind.

a priest baptised me. He placed his hand on me....Hes hand became hot

i was normal when he baptised me then after a few minutes, my chest part was really hot

I then drank lots of cold water and took the electric fan towards me...

the heat was still there lol ......it was on heat for a few hours.

it was a cool experience. I then prayed right after :)

i didnt believe it when i see people getting baptised on the tv

but now i believe!!! :D

I am so proud for you!

Back