I guess I'm in the midst of my own storm

I guess I'm in the midst of my own storm

Hello everyone!

My name is Nicole C. Schroeder. I am a wife and mother first and a Christian romance author second. I recently wrote a novel entitled, In the Midst of a Storm. I only mention this because my main characters father had a heart attack and died one Sunday afternoon and then, my father had a heart attack and died three months before my novel was released. This has been a painful period in my life. My father and I were extremely close. (We both loved the written word). There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I haven't thought about him.

His love and commitment to God gives me peace because I truly feel that he has a special place in heaven and I work even harder to make sure that I will see him again by being the person that God would have me to be.

I am new to this group, but your prayers would certainly be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Nicole C. Schroeder

My friend I am sorry for your loss. May God's peace fill your heart and His healing fill your life.

Below is something for you to meditate on:

Grieving with God

One of the hardest things to accept is that life as we know it does not go on. Relationships are often difficult to establish and maintain. And on rare, wonderful occasions, some just fall into place so easily and run so smoothly from both ends. Losing one we're close to, feels unfair and so sad. Those we just fell in love with from the start, that were there for us whatever our circumstances, whatever our pain, no matter how we lost our humor, those we could wrap our arms around and receive comfort from, we find it impossible to release them to death. Once we relax in knowing they are there, will never reject us, will always return our love and affection, how can we plan a future without them? How can the memories be enough when our hearts seem to slow, yet pound so loudly in our throats, when our joy is crushed, when our eyes cloud and will never view things the same again? How should we behave? Why should we just walk back into life as though nothing ever happened? How can we ever be expected to smile again? How can we let go? Amazingly enough, long before we were conceived, long before we participated in life, God had a plan........a perfect plan. He foresaw the need for this life to have a beginning as well as an end. He created and thoroughly understood the complexities of relating to others. He gave us the ability to love and draw close. He knew the path our lives would take and how deeply we would feel pain. He left nothing out. He built within us the abilities to grieve without dying, to let go without forgetting, to cope without quitting, to continue to love those who have gone on, yet grow to love others more strongly and even to add new love to our hearts. He even gave us time......time to grieve.....time to heal and time to grow from our new understanding. Beyond our awesome creation, He knows exactly when we suffer loss and how hard it is for us. We are among those He just fell in love with from the start, He is there for us no matter what our circumstances, what our pain, no matter how we've lost our humor, He wants to wrap us in His arms and receive comfort from Him. We can relax in knowing He has always been there, will never reject us, will always return our love and affection, and will help us plan our future. He will rejoice with tears we should never view things the same way again. We could grow bitter from sadness, or we can grow and learn compassion. We should never behave as though nothing ever happened. We should fondly remember that knowing, then missing someone has changed us, that we were blessed with God has, of which He mapped out every possible outcome, leads us always back into His very capable, loving arms. It's not that He wants us to suffer, not that He wants us to cry, not that He wants us to lose those we love dearly. God just wants us to remember that while we were happily on our journey with our loved one, He was happy too. He leads us to know that after losing our loved one, when we return to life more lonely, He steps up closer to us and not only understands our loneliness, but helps us hold our head up. When emptiness invades your sleep, He offers what no other friend can..... serenity as deep as the emptiness and hope as promising as the sunrise. He is the one friend that cannot and will not die, and will never leave our side. He is the almighty creator who gave you forever your friend or relative. By Carla J. Wilson

MountainWings - Wings Over The Mountains of Life - Daily Inspirational Email

Welcome to the family. I am very sorry to hear of your lost. But you are right, you will see him again. We just have to continue the course God has placed before us. I as well have suffered a lost in my life and I thought I wasn't going to make it. But we are only here for a season then we (God's children) go home to be with the Lord. This is not our home and we will be going home one day as well. For me, I find comfort and assurance in the word. I stay in the word and in prayer. I love the meditation that Moderator (Boanerges) has given you. I will certainly keep you in my prayers and I look forward to hearing from you on the Forum.

God be with you and you are not alone. God is right there with you carrying you through your storm.

Godbe4me
godbe4me-albums-jesus-saves-picture376-inmyprayerssilvornatecross.gif

Hello everyone!

My name is Nicole C. Schroeder. I am a wife and mother first and a Christian romance author second. I recently wrote a novel entitled, In the Midst of a Storm. I only mention this because my main characters father had a heart attack and died one Sunday afternoon and then, my father had a heart attack and died three months before my novel was released. This has been a painful period in my life. My father and I were extremely close. (We both loved the written word). There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I haven't thought about him.

His love and commitment to God gives me peace because I truly feel that he has a special place in heaven and I work even harder to make sure that I will see him again by being the person that God would have me to be.

I am new to this group, but your prayers would certainly be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Nicole C. Schroeder

First of all , let me welcome you to the forum and second , I am deeply sorry for your loss . May Jesus wrap His loving arms around you and comfort you and give you peace in the time of storm .

Praying for you .:groupray::groupray:

Please , when you have time just read over the forum rules ... Thanks and God Bless .

http://www.christianforumsite.com/ge...uncements.html

Survival tips for new members on the Christian Forum Site.

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to CFS. I'm sad to hear about your Dad, I pray that our loving Lord will be a great comfort to you as you walk through this time.

blessings,

Lynn

I can't say that I know what you're going throug, because I don't. I can say that my Daddy just gave us a scare and that one day, probably not extremely far into the future, I will probably be going through the same thing you are. I can't imagine it, as I like you love him so much.

I do know that what will get me through it, is the fact that I will be with him again one day. You're blessed in that you know the Lord and the word and you know this too.

It is times like this that if you were walking on the beach and looked down, you'd only see one set of footprints, because it is right now that our Savior is carrying you. He will continue to do so as long as you need him too.

I'm so glad you joined us. This is an awesome forum, with people totally dedicated to the Lord.

God bless you.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for giving our Sister peace in her time of grief. Thank you for carrying her through this difficult time. Thank you for Your mercy and grace. Please Lord, wrap her in Your ever loving arms, as she learns to exist on this earth without her loved one, as she truly comes to the understanding that this is temporary and that she will meet her wonderful earthly Dad again. We praise You for that Lord. We thank you Jesus. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.:groupray:

If you need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Your Sister in Christ, Cheri

Hello Nicole, May God comfort you as only he can at this time.
I know whilst Christians grieve, we don't grieve like others without hope,as we have the sureity that because of simply trusting in Jesus, we will spend eternity with Him.

You will be in my morning prayers Nicole.:heart:

Nicole, I know how difficult it is to lose a loved one. You have my heartfelt prayers this morning as you walk through this time of mourning (your "own personal storm" as you say) Christ be with you. :pray:

:bible:"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." (Matthew 5:4 NIV)

Welcome to Christian Forum Site.

Back