I hate doing battle with Satan

Something good took place recently but the devil will show his ugly face and come to steal, kill, and destroy.

I hate the fact that the devil is always there to inspire fear, inspire me to say something stupid, and I'm always tempted to do bad off-the-wall things, and even tempted to hurt good people.

I hate Temptations and fear, but they won't go away.

God insists on letting the devil torment good people. The work of the devil was destroyed by Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

The devil cannot do anything Christ doesn't let him do. I don't understand the mystery of evil. Why does God allow Satan to sift good people like wheat? God is in charge and control.

The mind will always be troubled by the devil. There is little rest. Just when things start going well, I know who's around the corner waiting for me to cause confusion, and trip me up, and ruin everything.

There is the constant war going on and good things are so often destroyed.

Things actually got better today, but I know the devil, confusion, depression, stupidity, fear, and human misery will be back.

Something good took place recently but the devil will show his ugly face and come to steal, kill, and destroy.

I hate the fact that the devil is always there to inspire fear, inspire me to say something stupid, and I'm always tempted to do bad off-the-wall things, and even tempted to hurt good people.

God insists on letting the devil torment good people. The work of the devil was destroyed by Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

The devil cannot do anything Christ doesn't let him do. I don't understand the mystery of evil. Why does God allow Satan to sift good people like wheat? God is in charge and control.

The mind will always be troubled by the devil. There is little rest. Just when things start going well, I know who's around the corner waiting for me to cause confusion, and trip me up, and ruin everything.

Things actually got better today, but I know the devil, confusion, depression, stupidity, fear, and human misery will be back.

You have things a little twisted here my friend.
God does not give satan permission to sift us. he is the god of this world system and we are in it.

God has provided us as His people a way to overcome the devil but that takes Faith and knowing who you are in Christ and being a doer of His Word.

Brother if we let our enemy the devil, he will steel the joy of a victory right out of us.
Believe me I know this and I catch this happening every so often.

God never said we won't have problems or in layman terms......CRAP to deal with but He did promise us that we can overcome these and walk in victory.

It's not easy because much of the time it don't make a lick of sense but that's because we tend to over think things and think within the natural realm and we are dealing with the spiritual realm.

Don't loose hope my brother.......Everything Jesus did and God promised in His Word was done and given especially unto you.
Praying
Blessings
FCJ

Ya know the Lord helped me to realize today or yesterday that when I dread an attack of the enemy it makes the attack worse. Because my fear is contaminating my faith... almost like I'm causing myself to loose before I start. And that fear is part of what the enemy uses as fuel to defeat me. So if I can speak faith words and God's Words when I feel an attack coming on... I can be more successful.

Plus if I can pray in the spirit and feed my spirit more Word prior to... then my flesh will be less likely to react, because I have built my spirit up, and given it authority over the flesh. And I have been working on training the mind and the way to submit to the ways of the spirit.

There is not a day that goes by that I have to do a check on my thinking (making sure that any thoughts that are not in line with the Bible are not allowed to stay) and my being judgemental or critical is fully repented of and not allowed to reign. When we can do this... it surely helps to keep the enemy away longer.. it keeps us from being touched by the enemy... 1 John says the wicked one touches us not.

Repentance is part of the key to breaking the power of the enemy that we have chosen to submit to. For when we judge ourselves or our actions/behavior/thoughts as incorrect or in other words i repent quickly... then i have broken the power of whatever was trying to get me to open my mouth and spew out evil, or act opposite of what would please Our Lord.

If I can remember that the victory has already been won.. And use my words to help me... I will have better success at keeping ahold of what Jesus died to free me from. For greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4). Another good thing for us to remember is Philippians 2:13... for it is God who dwells with in us Who gives us the power and desire to do what pleases Him (ampc) it also goes with 2 peter 1:3... for God has given us everything we need for life and godliness. It's already been deposited within our reborn spirits... We just need to know how to access it or cash that check so we can spend it. And the biggest key is Faith and love.

Blessings to you! Thank you for a good thread

Remember, our Lord was tempted by the enemy.
After fasting for 40 days He was tempted with physical hunger.
By power over the Earth.
By displaying his nature before men.

see for example, Luke Chapter 4.

But it was not only then. His during his whole ministry, the priests ans scoffers sought to destroy his ministry.

He was finally tortured to death.

All this was for our benefit.

Having been a man of sorrow and acquainted with grief, He truly knows the suffering of men. Including you specificly.

Know that he is always at your side.

No one says that if you follow Him, you will have a care-free life. I know mine is not.

But He walks with those that have accepted Him.

The enemy will always try to make you believe that it is God's choice that you have trials. This is one of the enemy's biggest lies.

The apostle Paul (who was also sorely abused in this life) wrote in Philippians 4:12-14
I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Nevertheless, you have done well to share with me in my affliction.

Back