I just want to say some things about my faith (if you are interested)

Human nature wants to complicate things, but this is really uncomplicated.

Take things one day at a time and when you feel weak take them one breath at time.

Follow Jesus (Joohn 14:1-6) and not your own understanding (Prov 3:5-6).

I have not been baptized. My church was doing baptisms but I did not want to get baptized by that church. I don't believe it's doing its job.
What kind of baptisms do they do Juk? Just wondering...is it not full immersion?
Is it the church your family goes to? Do you know any elders who are believers that can baptise you? It does not have to be inside a church..any body of water, like a river or creek..a clean one...or a bathtub...you need to obey God and make a declaration of faith, I know you said you committed, but John the baptist said 'repent and be baptised' and Jesus himself was baptised in the river Jordan.

I will tell you after I obeyed God to be baptised fully I had a peace about my new life as a christian. And the devil stopped nagging me, thinking I was still his.

...... The song went, "it's bigger than you right now..."
.....I need to listen to that song's advice, because I fear that if I don't, I will lose my faith.
Good day mates.

you like to tell us the title of that song/singer or post the complete lyrics(?)

……we can "dissect" that song..........

.....line by line : )

you like to tell us the title of that song/singer or post the complete lyrics(?)

……we can "dissect" that song..........

.....line by line : )
I don't know who made the song. My dad was listening to it and I was in the car.

What kind of baptisms do they do Juk? Just wondering...is it not full immersion?
Is it the church your family goes to? Do you know any elders who are believers that can baptise you? It does not have to be inside a church..any body of water, like a river or creek..a clean one...or a bathtub...you need to obey God and make a declaration of faith, I know you said you committed, but John the baptist said 'repent and be baptised' and Jesus himself was baptised in the river Jordan.

I will tell you after I obeyed God to be baptised fully I had a peace about my new life as a christian. And the devil stopped nagging me, thinking I was still his.
They baptize by full immersion, but I just don't agree with how the church goes. It is the classic charismatic church. All feelings, barely any doctrine. The message always comes back to "God's gonna bless you", when many people in the church probably aren't even saved truly.

If you have no joy, then you need to turn your eyes from you---to Jesus.
My eyes are not on me. I try my best to stick to the Bible at all times, although school makes this extremely hard. But maybe my eyes are on me and I do not accept it.
What do you mean by take my eyes off me? Are there steps to the process. I need instructions, always.

My eyes are not on me. I try my best to stick to the Bible at all times, although school makes this extremely hard. But maybe my eyes are on me and I do not accept it.
What do you mean by take my eyes off me? Are there steps to the process. I need instructions, always.

Why do you mention the bible right off the bat? Are you into salvation by performance? Our lives need to be all about the person, Jesus. When we come to experience Him and know Him, His Spirit comes to dwell within us, and joy is one of the fruit of the Spirit that we receive and need to develop.

Choose His joy. Walk in His ways. Commune with Him in all you do and think.

Why do you mention the bible right off the bat? Are you into salvation by performance? Our lives need to be all about the person, Jesus. When we come to experience Him and know Him, His Spirit comes to dwell within us, and joy is one of the fruit of the Spirit that we receive and need to develop.

Wise words sister....thank you. This conversation is helping me. Both Juk's questions and the responses given.

Thank you as well Juk. The questions you have raised in this thread and others have helped me understand some of my own questions as well. I can relate to some of the things you are going through.

Technically speaking, the Bible is literally Jesus. It maybe it's just the words. But the words make up the Bible. So yes, the Bible is Jesus. And I know that salvation by works is impossibru.
How do I choose His joy? What is the process?

Technically speaking, the Bible is literally Jesus. It maybe it's just the words. But the words make up the Bible. So yes, the Bible is Jesus. And I know that salvation by works is impossibru.
How do I choose His joy? What is the process?

By choosing Jesus and being mindful of what it is you have been saved out of and from, His joy should be coursing through you. Joy is not happiness. Happiness rests on one's circumstances, but joy rises above and beyond that. One can be in unhappy circumstances and not lose one's joy.

We are bearers of not only the light, but we are also bearers of God's joy, and He tells us that His joy gives s our strength. We need only make a decision to tap into it.

Nehemiah 8:10b
Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!

Juk, I appreciate you bringing up these questions, because I have had them too. I have really found this thread and the answers to be edifying.

Juk have you been baptized? I think you mentioned this once that you hadn't been just wondering.
Following Jesus is not a burden. You need to choose who you will serve, last Sunday our pastor in church put it like this - there are two possible outcomes of the spiritual life -

the evil one, the thief, Satan - death, destruction, being ripped off
the good shepherd, Jesus - Life, and life in abundance

or, as I think of it - heaven or hell. I choose heaven cos Jesus is there.

scripture for you - John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

A verse to back up your pastors and your words to choose is Deuteronomy 30:11-20

I have no joy.
This is partly why your wavering. You have to find the balance for your life, between God and what He has given you for joy. God loves us so much that He plans things for our joy. For you it may be making youtube videos that lift up and encourage others in Christ....it just even may be as simple as (getting your king james Bible). God desires for us to be happy, aka..peaceful and joyful. And if the youtube stuff makes you joyful...then put Jesus and youtube together.

You have to find your joy...because the Bible says that the JOY of the Lord is our strength. If you are sad praise Him in the storm....find a funny, clean video to watch....there are lots of ways to be joyful, and godly. Just throw your head back and laugh for no reason at all. See if you can find any donut man videos on youtube....you will enjoy them.

Reactions: Juk
I do try to stand on God's Word.

Then you are on the right path. But without the joy of the Lord it is difficult to stand for very long. And one of the things that it sounds like your learning is patience. And that is a very part of strength.

Keep pressing forward....i can guarantee you that God is carrying you right now. So do not give up.

I have been walking in a very stormy (not the weather) place lately (at least a month) and I am having to learn to praise God even though it seems as if everything is falling apart. And i am having to learn to walk in love and forgiveness in a new level. Because if i don't then because of strife i allow the devil to come in and stop the flow of God's goodness and peace in my life. God desires for you to prosper in all areas of your life and one of those is peace and joy.

By choosing Jesus and being mindful of what it is you have been saved out of and from, His joy should be coursing through you. Joy is not happiness. Happiness rests on one's circumstances, but joy rises above and beyond that. One can be in unhappy circumstances and not lose one's joy.

We are bearers of not only the light, but we are also bearers of God's joy, and He tells us that His joy gives s our strength. We need only make a decision to tap into it.

Nehemiah 8:10b
Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!

Joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. Thanks for reminding me.

Back