i just wished Jesus smoked.

no it,s just the knockers that put me down.

People who love you cannot help but warn you about this. I watched my dad die a slow horrible death from Emphysema. He was as fine a man as ever walked God's green earth and one of the smartest people I have ever known. But he could not accept the reality of what he was doing to himself until it was to late.
Then a year later the same thing happened to my mother in law. It is really hard to watch people you love needlessly and slowly suffocate. The body strains so hard to breath that it consumes the muscle mass for fuel and the lung sacks deteriorate and fill with fluid. Finally the body dies of exhaustion and Oxygen deprivation. It is a bad as it gets and sadly not the only thing that smoking can cause.

If we tell you something it is because we care.

i would feel better.

If you don't feel good inside of yourself, then it's probably the HS trying to tell you to quit.

If you don't feel good in your body, it's your body trying to tell you to quit.

Either way, you should listen to what is being said...

The Holy Spirit loves you, and you nned to take care of your body so that you can take care of those little ones we keep hearing about...

ce5482b9b0d0f85dca37312d2f3ce4d3.gif

i would feel better.

Well, I'm overweight - so which is worse for your health? As soon as I lose some weight then I will have time to nag you about your smoking Michael. As far as health issues are concerned you've got a lot of company I think. We're all struggling with one thing or another that is affecting our physical or spiritual well being.

Larry II

Smoking Issue

Hi Smellycat,

I am a recent ex-smoker and I understand and feel your pain. I was instantly delivered 8 years ago and didn't smoke for 5 years. Then in 2005 I had a friend commit suicide and it just devistated me so I took a few drags off a cigarette from a friend and it went down hill from there. When they say it's hard to quit the first time, WRONG it's harder to quit the second time. I was prayed over, fasted, and everyone said "just do it" it will be hard but you can do it, just trust God. So I trusted GOD and not man and I was lead to try the Chantex program and it worked for me. Maybe that will work for you, have you looked into that?? I'l pray for you to hear what GOD says to do & remember He'll never give us more then we can handle, I am coming back from a TERRIBLE back sliden state and it takes one step at a time and God leads you to deal with one thing at time in the order He choses, so ask HIM

hi butterfly,i,m not ready to stop yet.i just ask God to look out for me.we are only here a short time,and i don,t get many enjoyable things in this world.i came i saw and run out of this place very quickly.:)

Well, I'm overweight - so which is worse for your health? As soon as I lose some weight then I will have time to nag you about your smoking Michael. As far as health issues are concerned you've got a lot of company I think. We're all struggling with one thing or another that is affecting our physical or spiritual well being.

Larry II

According to the mortality tables smoking is worse than being overweight but neither is good.

Back